What DPS has the shortest rotation? for both turret and nonturret dps

Letsjet

In short: I need info on what class has the simplest, shortest dps rotation for a newbie key binder.

TL;DR version:

1. The class doesn't have to be the best dps. Any class i don't have to 70 isn't a problem. I'll just make one and coin it to 70. I really don't care about current FoTM. Those change.

2. Turret themed classes like marksmen specs are fine, maybe even preferred? I have a problem going in reverse with my mouse. I use the mouse to drive and the keyboard to strafe, go in reverse or spin. It's not a requirement, but yeah, I guess a Sent/Mara would be less ideal than a Slinger/Sniper, but again, not a requirement. How are pyros? dunno. I'm open to any class where you make a coherent short 1 paragraph reason as to why they are ideal.

3. I have a f'ed up usb port on my right side of my laptop (don't worry about performance. I have an old but for when I bought it a loaded Alienware laptop. I run all my graphics on max (even though that's not a really bix flex or anything) ...So i'm using a blutooth'ed mouse (... and pvp for me is fun, not a requirement, so dropping from corded mouse to Bluetooth didn't make me throw up.) My Logi MX Master 25 doesn't have the 40 buttons my old RPG mouse had.

I need to concentrate on learning keyboard short cuts instead.

4. In summation: I (like I'm sure most returning or starting out ppl are too) am looking for a recommendation for the dps class that has the lowest number of skills in its normal dps rotation.

So, in advance...

Thanks guys!

Edited by Letsjet

Since you prefer turret classes, I'll skip melee entirely and suggest marksman sniper as the easiest base rotation.

The most basic marksmanship rotation is 4 buttons and the rotation is as follows:

Penetrating blasts -> snipe -> followthrough -> snipe -> snipe -> followthrough -> ambush -> followthrough. Repeat from beginning.

That's literally all you need to know and ever use for normal open world content. In fact, you could skip all of that and just use suppressive fire (main aoe ability) to clear most content in the game. Using the best in slot tactical, you add corrosive dart to the start of the rotation - but, because it gets refreshed by half the abilities in your rotation, you apply it once and never again so it doesn't really count.

Honestly if you are going to PvP with any class, you will absolutely need to know a lot more than just your base rotation, no matter what discipline you're using. I would have recommended maybe IO mercenary because mercenaries are extremely strong and easy to play with a plethora of powerful defensives, off heals and mobility - but that also means you need to use and learn a lot more buttons than your base rotation. If you just want the most simple base rotation in the game, for me it'd be marksman sniper.

Now for some general key mapping and hotkey advice:

Something that I often do when I'm new to a spec or relearning it, is use a quickbar solely to show me what the rotation is. For marksman, I'd place the abilities into the slots in the same order as I listed above (with corrosive dart in front if you're using the agitating energies tactical). That way you can build up muscle memory by looking at what ability you should be using next and pressing the key related to it.

I also like to keep my most used abilities in the most accessible places - so for me I have snipe on button 2, followthrough on button 3, penetrating blasts on button 4 and ambush on 5. The 5 key is the furthest key I have to press - but ambush is only used once in the rotation. I use snipe and followthrough 3 times each and so they are the easiest keys to press. It also helps to keep certain abilities consistent across classes. For e.g. If I have dots, I put them on T and Y. My interrupt button is always V no matter the class. Movement abilities are always R and shift+R. This helps you retain muscle memory even when playing on different classes because you're not relearning everything - you're not thinking I need to hit this specific defensive cooldown, you're just thinking, I need to hit my defensive button or my "self heal" button.

Definitely Arsenal (Merc). Second in terms of easiness is Marksmanship Sniper but relies a lot on cover and positioning (not to mention low mobility compared to other classes and specs), but Arsenal is absolutely the most new-player friendly discipline in the game.

Non turret DPS instead i suggest Advanced Prototype for Powertech or Fury as a Marauder.