Replace GS Priority Objectives with an Activity Bar

RobertFKennedyUS

I got this idea from "Darth Eros" here:

His idea is that SWTOR should implement the battle pass idea from some other game and simply give people the Galactic Seasons (will refer to as GS now) rewards for doing activities, and not tying it to preset or quasi-random missions.

So for example you have some bar that you need to fill in order to get credit.

A flash point gets you x amount of points.

War zones gets you x amount of points.

Dailies gets you x amount of points.

Operations gets you x amount of points.

Story gets you x amount of points.

Crafting gets you x amount of points.

GSF gets you x amount of points.

When you get enough points, you satisfy the daily Priority Objectives (PO) requirement.

This means you don't HAVE to do heroics, or gsf or warzones. You can do whatever you want and get rewarded for it.

Taking myself as an example, I do pretty well in all aspects of the game: gsf (100% legacy), warzones (70% legacy), flashpoints (90% legacy), operations (83% legacy), but I still find myself forced to do things I don't want to do in order to get the requirements. I grind a ton in this game and this is just one more grind of something I don't want to do.

I would move in this direction, cuz the current system is just a burden and this game doesn't need that.

So another Renown/Legacy/XP Bar?

Galactic Seasons is just a rehash of login rewards mixed with conquests. Frankly they should have come up with something new. Like a multi-part story over x months each time limited and need to complete each piece to unlock the season prize...

But really...this is just to give people credits...get them used to spending them...and replaying existing content as it's cheaper to encourage replaying content then revamping, or creating new.

Whilst I don't disagree that the current system is horrible. These changes would essentially just turn it in to the conquest system. Which in the end may not be a bad idea to just tie a point total with a max daily/weekly limit which are assigned based on current CQ objectives.

Personally, I just want an option to not get any PVP based objectives. I can't stand PVP and when I get the objectives I'm literally putting in the bare minimum amount of effort to avoid any AFK penalties so I can get the objective completed. This isn't fun for me and it gets everyone else in the group royally pi**ed off and ranting at me in chat but at the end of the day I'm there because I'm being forced in to that activity, not because I'm choosing to do it.

Whilst I don't disagree that the current system is horrible. These changes would essentially just turn it in to the conquest system. Which in the end may not be a bad idea to just tie a point total with a max daily/weekly limit which are assigned based on current CQ objectives.

Personally, I just want an option to not get any PVP based objectives. I can't stand PVP and when I get the objectives I'm literally putting in the bare minimum amount of effort to avoid any AFK penalties so I can get the objective completed. This isn't fun for me and it gets everyone else in the group royally pi**ed off and ranting at me in chat but at the end of the day I'm there because I'm being forced in to that activity, not because I'm choosing to do it.

It's horrible that you sand bag your teams like that.

With that being said, I wouldn't describe my proposal as another conquest system, but it is a modification of the current system which is a grind, to a reward system for people who do play the game, and a less cumbersome grind for those who would only play for rewards.

These changes would essentially just turn it in to the conquest system. Which in the end may not be a bad idea to just tie a point total with a max daily/weekly limit which are assigned based on current CQ objectives.

i agree with this idea.

why not add with the basic conquest system you get all daily and weekly repeat mission we all like add also season points to it.

then its fair for a lot off people that not like GSF,PVP,operations, and vetran flashpoints to get season points on missions there like.

and its also something good also for the conquest system since it has only got worse and worse with the 2 big nerf's it got that something good like this needs to happing also to make it more fun again to do conquest's again.

It's horrible that you sand bag your teams like that.

I feel bad about it. I don't want to be in there, it's not a part of the game I derive any enjoyment from, I'm there literally because I have no choice. It also works both ways, in the last couple of weeks I've had to carry several people through ops who haven't ever ran them before, aren't geared for them, and don't want to be doing them but are doing so only for the seasons rewards. I don't resent them for it because I understand.

Edited by khamseen_air

I feel bad about it. I don't want to be in there, it's not a part of the game I derive any enjoyment from, I'm there literally because I have no choice. It also works both ways, in the last couple of weeks I've had to carry several people through ops who haven't ever ran them before, aren't geared for them, and don't want to be doing them but are doing so only for the seasons rewards. I don't resent them for it because I understand.

If those guys in your ops hadn't at least contributed something, you would have kicked them. The same applies to PVP, (Just that there is no kicking): any damage, any healing, any enemy you interrupt. It all helps your team. And it's over more quickly when you actually do something.

Tanks play different in PVP, but dps and healers have exaxtly the same job. In warzones run with the crowd, if you stay back at a node, your team assumes you volunteer to guard it. Show them this isn't the case and keep moving. As long as you contribute, and don't just sit down to wait for the game to end, I don't see why they should be ranting at you specifically. (Ranting in general, like: "why aren't you *** guarding the node?" is part of the game mode :p)

Otherwise just pretend its an OP with a hillariously bad tank and you have to carry everyone.

Edited by Mubrak

If those guys in your ops hadn't at least contributed something, you would have kicked them. The same applies to PVP, (Just that there is no kicking): any damage, any healing, any enemy you interrupt. It all helps your team. And it's over more quickly when you actually do something.

Tanks play different in PVP, but dps and healers have exaxtly the same job. In warzones run with the crowd, if you stay back at a node, your team assumes you volunteer to guard it. Show them this isn't the case and keep moving. As long as you contribute, and don't just sit down to wait for the game to end, I don't see why they should be ranting at you specifically. (Ranting in general, like: "why aren't you *** guarding the node?" is part of the game mode :p)

Otherwise just pretend its an OP with a hillariously bad tank and you have to carry everyone.

I may have undersold my contribution I guess and made myself look like a total d***. I do engage the enemy team and obviously interrupt casts, try to backup team mates etc. I guess the point is more that I'm not playing to win because I don't really care if we win or not. I'm not a pvper, I stopped playing pvp in this game about 6 years ago and have been happier for doing so. The type of ranting you mention as being part of this game mode is a big part of the reason I stopped playing it. :D

Being forced back in to it for the seasons points only reaffirms my choice to have stopped playing it and I feel it would be more beneficial for myself and the poor souls I get teamed with if I didn't get railroaded into doing it.

You definitely have a choice - you just choose to do a little bit more to bring the game down.