Amount of characters allowed per server allowed, & Global amount don't match.

lr_wrench

After going through a frustrating act of trying to add another character slot, and not getting it because due to the fact that customer service states that we are only allowed 24 characters per server, and can add 8 slots to bring the amount to 32 slots. But if you look at the icon on the character page it shows 32/ 358 global which is soo misleading and caused me to purchase an additional character slot that I cannot use at all or access because of the said amount. if you calculate 358 characters by 5 servers it would be 71 characters per server. but that is incorrect and misleading. I had my account before the servers merged and was away from the game for a couple of years during that time. So didn't get to select which characters got to go to what servers. I am suggestion that you correct that global icon so that people don't make the mistake and buy additional slots and can't use them and not be able to get refunded for this type of thing. The global setting should be 120 (24 x 5), or max 160 (32 x 5). Also there is the thing of, I don't know of anybody that would play on a server in a language that they don't speak or understand. So that would be a lot of servers that would be empty on most accounts. so if you are multi-lingual this would be ideal for you. The last thing, I have 5 1/2 pages of characters, why just a half page? There is room for 3 more characters on the last page, this another misleading factor. I'm just curious as to how the calculations work, and not balance out for this. all I wanted to do is transfer a character from one server to the one I play on 99% of the time, and it became a nightmare.

24 is the default character slot amount for subs (after United Forces launched). Before that change it was 12. The max character slot amount per server is currently 100.

I'm not sure what your issue is and you may need to contact CS. I have to ask, though... When you purchased the unlocks, you did "claim them" on the character that you used to make the purchase and then followed that up by consuming the item (actually clicking on the icon in your character's inventory) ?

I would suspect, based on what you described, that you didn't actually consume the unlock yet. But if you did, contact CS for help and they can resolve it for you. I had no problem adding character slots this last week and I'm way above the default.

Edited by BRKMSN

I did purchase and claim the slot , and consumed it on the character that I purchased it with. I also talked to CS, and was told that the amount was 24 and they told me that they say where I purchased and used the item. but said that the max amount was 24 slots ( I have 33), and also told me that I would have to delete a character and purchase 11 more slots to to add or transfer another character in which I find very ridiculous to do, so in other works I can't get a refund on the slot that I did purchase and I loss the 600 cartels coins that I spent on it. I posted here because it was suggested to me by them to put it in the suggestions box. I also see there are others that thinks that it is 100 too, but according to what CS is saying, that is not the case. on this account I have 39 characters between 2 servers and 33 of them on one server ( which is over the 24 slots they are telling me I can have. All I was trying to do was transfer 1 character from the other server 6 characters to the one with 33 characters, but according to CS I am maxed out on available slots that I could have. but my global says that I am at 39 of 358 characters. Even with that number showing, it still doesn't make any sense as to why I can't use an additional character slot. there is no way I am going to buy 11 more slots with cartel coins. And for those that think 100 is the number! here is a copy of what customer service told me! ("I have reviewed your case and would like to explain you that you had only purchased 8 character slots till now and a subscriber gets 24 initial slots to start with adding the two gives 32 which is 8 than the actual authorized slots you should have on the server meaning when servers merged you already got 32 more slots equipped on Star Forge server for which you have to purchase more 2 slots or delete characters till they are 34 to make a new one.

I know its not what you expected but the game is working as intended and I won't be able to process the refund for you, so I apologize for the inconvenience and I request you to purchase remaining 2 slots or delete more than 2 characters to have an active character slot, also to inform you that if you will delete a character it will not activate a slot for you till its below 32 characters as your legacy has 32authorized active slots.

If you feel that this aspect of the game could work differently, we strongly recommend posting your feedback on our “Suggestion Box” forum, located here: http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349

Our Development team actively monitor our forum and are constantly looking for feedback from our players. The thoughts and opinions of our community play a key role in helping them to improve the Star Wars: The Old Republic experience and to shape new features and content.

Please accept my sincerest apologies if this is not the most ideal resolution you were hoping for at the moment, We are trying our best to provide the best gaming experience possible. Your understanding and support at this point is much needed and will be much appreciated. I hope you stay safe and I genuinely hope you keep on enjoying this game")

Thank you for your input on this matter