Galactic Seasons - let us pick the kind of missions we want

Pricia

Bad idea. People will always choose the path of least resistance. They will identify which objectives are the shortest/easiest and then only do those. The result will be instances overloaded with 10 players for every enemy. This is becoming a problem, right now, even with random objectives forcing people to spread out over the game.

Although, the selfish part of me is partially in favour of this bad idea. When people get tired of waiting for mobs to spawn, they often move to the PVP instance where I can farm them. :)

I have all the proof I need that the game devs hate me. Makeb GSI dailies for the Galactic Seasons. Seeker droid missions are tedious anyway. Traveling in Makeb is dreadful. Then add all the other players looking for the same things that I am who won't group up. It took FOREVER to finish these. Galactic Starfighter is a walk in the park compared to this. I was afraid to reroll the mission because I might have gotten something worse - lol.

You're not really doing yourself any favor by forcing your players to do content that they don't enjoy. Not only that, but it messes up content for people who DO enjoy it by having to deal with a lot of dead weights in pvp, GSF, or even veteran flashpoints.

My suggestion - every week when a character logs in after the weekly reset, let people pick what type of missions they want and what they don't want - whether it's only grouping missions, ops, GSF, pvp, solo, or a mix of two or more (let us check the options).

Then only the goals pop up. If someone only plays the game for GSF, by all means, give him two weeklies of doing 5 GSF matches. If someone only wants to solo, give them solo missions only - and 10 or 20 heroics for a weekly mission.

It would still give people something to do, but they would actually enjoy it...

+10 Ethan approves!

Bad idea. People will always choose the path of least resistance. They will identify which objectives are the shortest/easiest and then only do those. The result will be instances overloaded with 10 players for every enemy. This is becoming a problem, right now, even with random objectives forcing people to spread out over the game.

Although, the selfish part of me is partially in favour of this bad idea. When people get tired of waiting for mobs to spawn, they often move to the PVP instance where I can farm them. :)

I don't want us to be able to pick the objectives, just the TYPE of objectives. PvE/PvP/GSF and be able to turn off operations for weeklies. That's all I'm asking.

Agreed though that the PvE missions are a PITA right now and having to compete with 5 other people for one objective stinks. Heck I ended up keeping my GSF mission to avoid the 75 insects on Ossus one...

You're not really doing yourself any favor by forcing your players to do content that they don't enjoy. Not only that, but it messes up content for people who DO enjoy it by having to deal with a lot of dead weights in pvp, GSF, or even veteran flashpoints.

My suggestion - every week when a character logs in after the weekly reset, let people pick what type of missions they want and what they don't want - whether it's only grouping missions, ops, GSF, pvp, solo, or a mix of two or more (let us check the options).

Then only the goals pop up. If someone only plays the game for GSF, by all means, give him two weeklies of doing 5 GSF matches. If someone only wants to solo, give them solo missions only - and 10 or 20 heroics for a weekly mission.

It would still give people something to do, but they would actually enjoy it...

Another option to address that is giving more chances at refreshing the priority objectives, maybe a few times for the daily and weekly. I know subscribers can supposedly get all points just by doing the dailies (at least according to SWTORIsta' math) and can ignore the weeklies, provided they do all dailies and get all the log-in season rewards for around 4 months.

IMO somewhere between these two ideas / suggestions is where GS should have been set up to begin with. I like the idea of random selections ... scattered across the entire SWTOR theme ... that works pretty good actually.

BUT IMO where OP is right on is in the CATEGORY of items to select from in DAILY and WEEKLY both. As it stands right now (for example) ALL weekly is either group or PvP regardless of how many times you re-roll. For some players that's just not going to work at all. Heck .. the other day in DAILY PO's I had one that was GSF ... re-rolled ... and it was unranked PvP ... :eek: (yeah .... not going to happen) ... soooo I just said forget messin' with it today ... logged off and worked on some 3-D models for an hour or so !!

Back to topic ... OP and FlameYOL have the right idea !

On one hand, it is generally a bad idea to try to shoehorn players into content they're not innately interested in.

On the other hand, I myself only got into PvP because of the Forex alliance recruit mission.

Go back to a mission system that rewards points for losses, (could even be the old 50 point total, win=5, loss=1 that you used to apply to ranked) and there won't be so much strife surrounding typical PvE players in PvP. Maybe some of them will even get hooked, as I did, when they don't have the frustration of getting skunked for losing.

On one hand, it is generally a bad idea to try to shoehorn players into content they're not innately interested in.

On the other hand, I myself only got into PvP because of the Forex alliance recruit mission.

Go back to a mission system that rewards points for losses, (could even be the old 50 point total, win=5, loss=1 that you used to apply to ranked) and there won't be so much strife surrounding typical PvE players in PvP. Maybe some of them will even get hooked, as I did, when they don't have the frustration of getting skunked for losing.

IMO this is why options are a good thing !!

Kind of the best of both worlds for the vast majority !!

Heck if someone is crazy head over heals in love with PvP ... that's cool. I've supported those who for YEARS pleaded for improvements to PvP. IMO that is a part of any MMO today as anything else. It's just that simple. BUT there is also the other side of the coin ... and just as important to another large part of the community as well.

Anyways .. not disagreeing with ya !! Just saying that better options are .... well ... better !

Keep up the good work devs I say. I'm glad there are a both pvp and gsf missions. Que pops have been much quicker. Pvp &gsf players can get assigned operations and flashpoints objectives, so it balances out and is fair. It's nice that they are incentivizing group content of all types.

Remember we were given 5 month to complete the event.

1) As stated you can re-roll, so if you don't like the objective, then you have some chance to do something else you prefer if you're assigned something you don't like

2) If you still get something you don't like after re-rolling, then give yourself a break from grinding and take a daily off or weekly off. There's 2 of them each (daily and weekly) anyway. Just do the ones you like. Nothing is compelling you to do every daily or every weekly We've still got 4+ more months at the moment to finish, so loosing a daily here or weekly there should be manageable for most people and their goals.

3). If you're subscribed they are nice enough to award us up to 4000 coins during the event. AND you can use some of those coins, to buy a level skips, if you got stuck with too many objectives you don't like. That's another example of flexibility they built in the event for us.

Let's say you began with a 0 coin balance at start of the event, and you've saved your event earned coins.....

Then just by playing til level 45 you will be able to buy level skips getting you to level 69 with the coins they have given you. This awards the 8th season token needed to buy the SH, and you haven't needed to spend any extra real world moolah. Seems very reasonable and fair to me

Edited by CyorReco