Please Update Guild Ship Room Unlocks

UlaVii

I admit I did like a quadruple take on date OP was written. Remember back when max. level characters had to pick between encryptions OR augment mats as a weekly conq reward? Back then, unlocking the ship sure was a tough/slow/expensive journey. Talking about how slow/expensive it was in early 2019..there's something I would have understood.

Today, I think it remains a time consuming or costly challenge only for literal one man guilds. Something like 1.5 bils is quite attainable for a group of..say, five friends. Of course, what is time consuming or costly is subjective. Somebody might consider anything going past few days as " time consuming". What is " lots of money!!" 5 mils?50 mils? 500 mils? Again, subjective. Put it this way tho: if your small guild ends up having its members buy three or four hypercrates from cartel market... That's it. That's your ship unlocked.

Our guild walked this path at worst possible moment I guess - guild was brand new back when perks had just been introduced. Every single new/small guild all wanted encryptions so bad. Meanwhile, large yield guilds with unlocked ships surely picked augment mats, not encryptions. So supply of encryptions never caught up with the huge demand. So yeah, getting them was slow/expensive.I think back to this maso-ish journey pretty fondly. It is a good thing for a guild to have such clear long term goals. Unlocking the ship is a fun, cool joint effort. It really isn't a bad thing that it takes a while.

Now, everybody gets an encryption no matter what; the either-or situation with augment mats isn't there anymore. Additionally, sneezing at your keyboard is now a daily repeatable conq. objective for 200k points. Even very casual play brings..what, 5-10 chars/week to conq target with some ease. - > Loads and loads of encryptions get created each tuesday. We got a pretty srs case of hyper inflation in TOR now..Yet, encryption price tags don't seem to climb past 1 mil in price anymore! Player to player market has stuff that costs 10 times more than it used to in early 2019. Yet, encryptions cost like 200k less than they used to back then.

I wish they gave us few new rooms to unlock. Or a Terminus class destroyer acting as a support/supply ship, so guild ship would grow into guild fleet!

Edited by Stradlin

• 4 weeks later...
I admit I did like a quadruple take on date OP was written. Remember back when max. level characters had to pick between encryptions OR augment mats as a weekly conq reward? Back then, unlocking the ship sure was a tough/slow/expensive journey. Talking about how slow/expensive it was in early 2019..there's something I would have understood.

Today, I think it remains a time consuming or costly challenge only for literal one man guilds. Something like 1.5 bils is quite attainable for a group of..say, five friends. Of course, what is time consuming or costly is subjective. Somebody might consider anything going past few days as " time consuming". What is " lots of money!!" 5 mils?50 mils? 500 mils? Again, subjective. Put it this way tho: if your small guild ends up having its members buy three or four hypercrates from cartel market... That's it. That's your ship unlocked.

Our guild walked this path at worst possible moment I guess - guild was brand new back when perks had just been introduced. Every single new/small guild all wanted encryptions so bad. Meanwhile, large yield guilds with unlocked ships surely picked augment mats, not encryptions. So supply of encryptions never caught up with the huge demand. So yeah, getting them was slow/expensive.I think back to this maso-ish journey pretty fondly. It is a good thing for a guild to have such clear long term goals. Unlocking the ship is a fun, cool joint effort. It really isn't a bad thing that it takes a while.

Now, everybody gets an encryption no matter what; the either-or situation with augment mats isn't there anymore. Additionally, sneezing at your keyboard is now a daily repeatable conq. objective for 200k points. Even very casual play brings..what, 5-10 chars/week to conq target with some ease. - > Loads and loads of encryptions get created each tuesday. We got a pretty srs case of hyper inflation in TOR now..Yet, encryption price tags don't seem to climb past 1 mil in price anymore! Player to player market has stuff that costs 10 times more than it used to in early 2019. Yet, encryptions cost like 200k less than they used to back then.

I wish they gave us few new rooms to unlock. Or a Terminus class destroyer acting as a support/supply ship, so guild ship would grow into guild fleet!

QUITE NICE IDEA!!! That would acually be awsome and few additional perks on new ship as well

QUITE NICE IDEA!!! That would actually be awesome and few additional perks on new ship as well

neither option is a new ask, and both went hand in hand with the release of new player SH's while guilds were (and still are) restricted to one at a time, the more recent being requests to have a "Combat" level with multiple rooms /hooks for PvP and fixed parse dummies (think Rishi, but without having to summon them)

As to the fleet asks, there has been everything from wanting multiple grades (corvette, frigate, capitol: cruiser, capitol: dreadnought, etc) and classes of guild ships available, to maintaining small guild hold "offices" in existing orbital stations that would offer some sort of GSI type buff (like you can get on Makeb), and just as many variants there of asked for because people can not be bothered with simple forum research.

• 2 weeks later...
neither option is a new ask, and both went hand in hand with the release of new player SH's while guilds were (and still are) restricted to one at a time, the more recent being requests to have a "Combat" level with multiple rooms /hooks for PvP and fixed parse dummies (think Rishi, but without having to summon them)

As to the fleet asks, there has been everything from wanting multiple grades (corvette, frigate, capitol: cruiser, capitol: dreadnought, etc) and classes of guild ships available, to maintaining small guild hold "offices" in existing orbital stations that would offer some sort of GSI type buff (like you can get on Makeb), and just as many variants there of asked for because people can not be bothered with simple forum research.

I dont see the problem with mentioning smth that was mentioned in other forum posts here. This post was intended to get it all on one spot and present some changes that would help :D

QUITE NICE IDEA!!! That would acually be awsome and few additional perks on new ship as well

Yup.. new doors to open, rooms to deco and perks to activate. It'd be nice. I think it has been bit too long since guilds have been the focus of any major patch. Ultimately, the conquest system+ guild levels+ guild ships+ perks makes such a nice and seemless combo that it is surprising they've not truly build on it in two years now.

Basically, guilds are in some urgent need of new long term goals. All but very small(or literal one person) guilds pretty much lost teir long term goals last spring. Utterly imbalanced conq patch completely eviscerated any meaning from personal or guild conquest targets and guild levels.

Perhaps new ships/rooms that are locked behind some new currency. New encryption type that is earned via some slightly novel way. By earning 300k conq on a single character perhaps?

Edited by Stradlin

I wonder if the Bioware dev team has been shown this thread yet. It predates JackKO, so there is a good chance it wasn’t passed on.

Jackie, if you are reading this thread, can you please forward the info to the Devs. Thanks 😊

I'd say it has probably been seen, but just ignored :/ But hopefully jackie will turn this around, and answer more question, where possible :)

Jackie, if you are reading this thread, please don't nerf everything to the ground:) It is alright to have long term goals. Most certainly for guilds! Some people speak of time consuming joint efforts as if that were some issue to be fixed. Game/guilds need more long term objectives, not less. Edited by Stradlin

• 1 month later...

Just been shared this link, some of these ideas are really really good. would be nice if some of these changes were implemented.

Commanders are becoming a serious issue on Darth Malgus with entire guilds now camping out named so they can get the framework, moving vets to PVE would help ease this issue, the veteran bm's still drop frameworks but a lot lower %, if the chance of a framework is increased it will certainly help some guilds, while others will still go for the named for a guaranteed drop.

Just been shared this link, some of these ideas are really really good. would be nice if some of these changes were implemented.

Commanders are becoming a serious issue on Darth Malgus with entire guilds now camping out named so they can get the framework, moving vets to PVE would help ease this issue, the veteran bm's still drop frameworks but a lot lower %, if the chance of a framework is increased it will certainly help some guilds, while others will still go for the named for a guaranteed drop.

The problem is, if these guilds are camping them there, they'll probably do the same on the other instances too.

I've heard of guilds doing it on SF, even though they already have max unlocked, just so they can get the frames to sell them :mad:

The problem is, if these guilds are camping them there, they'll probably do the same on the other instances too.

I've heard of guilds doing it on SF, even though they already have max unlocked, just so they can get the frames to sell them :mad:

What we need to do is get a bunch of pvpers together to go kill said guilds. There is a good chance they aren’t big pvpers. And even if they are, we get some open world pvp action.

What we need to do is get a bunch of pvpers together to go kill said guilds. There is a good chance they aren’t big pvpers. And even if they are, we get some open world pvp action.

Then we'll have them complaining in here that they are being 'griefed', Although I think that was already complained about...lol

*Not a PvP'r, but OWPvP can be fun :D

Edited by DarkTergon

Then we'll have them complaining in here that they are being 'griefed', Although I think that was already complained about...lol

*Not a PvP'r, but OWPvP can be fun :D

There is a difference to being griefed and having OWPVP. And if these guilds are preventing others from obtaining the plans just to be bullies or because they are greedy, then they are fair game IMO.

Plus, if you look at it from a design principle, Bioware did put these in the pvp instance and not the pve instance. Which means they intend people to fight over these. They should probably be in both pvp and pve, but who understands half of Biowares decisions?

Honestly though, if you are in the pvp instance you are fair game. That’s how OWPVP works and if people don’t like being attacked by other players in the pvp instance, they should probably get some others to help them out or not go into it to start with. Obviously, these commanders are a special situation because you can’t do them in the pve instance, which seems ludicrous as it’s a pve activity.

I live in the pvp instances on any planet that has them. It use to be so I could fight other players, but I hardly see anyone, so now it’s because I don’t have to share resources. Farming mats is easy, killing mobs is easy and getting objectives done is easier because you have no competition. And if I do see someone, I just charge in even if I’m at a disadvantage in numbers.

My motto is, if it’s red, it’s dead ;)

• 3 months later...

Guild Ship Room Unlocks do not need to be updated. It is not the frameworks however that need to be updated but the credit costs to open rooms which should be increased to reflect inflation. At the end you will see some ideas to help the issue of building flagships. The system has undergone changes to make it easier to get flagships finished.

It is however difficult to correct player behavior without community support.

Lets look at the frameworks. It is actually easier now then ever.

At one time there were no plans let alone frameworks on the GTN. Now you can buy them and when finished with the ship sell some to make back your credits. Part of the reason plans and frames are so expensive is people wanting instant flagships and buying all there are since what else can you do with your billions of credits. Plans should reach a peak cost slightly above 1 million credits the limit non subscribers can sell easily and not have credits go into escrow. Raising the inventory limit did have an effect on plan prices but also increased the supply. When the price of plans go up all the associated costs like Dark Projects and components to build went up. A lot has been done to curb gold spammer a source source of inflation.

Well for one things some people are buying old guilds with fully or partially completed ships at a lot less than buying frameworks on the GTN. No one build them to sell them as they could make twice the money just selling the frameworks.

There was no conquest gaining plans. Conquest even for a one person guild than ever before. It is just one way to get plans is unless you are a large guild not practical for getting your ship in 1 to 2 years. At a minimum Conquest of at least 10 alts at 50k each for 500k gets your guild to low yield conquest. Here again making invasion forces, war supplies, and dark projects are all conquest crafting items. You can also sell those on the GTN to generate credits. There were not any perks such as increasing the conquest points by 10%.

Getting commanders is easier than ever due to the higher levels, better gear, and knowledge gained through years of experience killing them. No longer a 12 person op to kill commanders.

So there has been a lot done to make finishing flagships easier however they should never be too easy.

What can you do besides doing conquest, generating credits to buy on the GTN, crafting?

Getting commanders

1. Never pay bribes it only encourages them.

2. Do not defend them yourself or join others defending them unless someone defends them first against you.

3. Third do not reset commanders on others unless they did it to you.

4. General advertising can attract trolls work with people you know exception item four

5. If they want PVP do not engage them let them get bored out of their minds or offer to PVP them after you kill commander. (a test of honor to wait and yours to fight them afterwards)

6. Run a pvp event so they can get there PVP a better way.

7. Report people that Stalk you planet to planet.

Make Friends not enemies

1. Join with other guilds in community hunts.

2. Add people to your group that happen to be there late. While it is ok to let another group fail without interfering and to then attack the commander afterwards, it is even nicer to add them to your group.

3. Get expert help, there are those that help guilds without a fee to learn how to get commanders.

4. Share information. ( I hope I am making friends here by sharing)

5. Pay guildmates and helpers to voluntarily turn over plans

6. Share the loot equally, let everyone go home with a share especially of frameworks.

7. We are all here to have fun, help others have fun and stay.

There are other things that can and have been done but these are a good start.

As it stands unlocking entire ship in few days seems pretty easy and affordable. Inflation is in credits and encryptions alike. Thanks to getting 30k conquest for breathing now, (well, 30k for inhale, 30k for exhale) folks ding conq on million chars/week. It is a shame this isn't an issue to any dedicated fresh guild anymore. No matter how small. Our guild did it back when it was tough as nails. I think back to it fondly; it was cool to have some long term goals.Workign towards this as a fresh guild was awesome. Well, ofc fresh guilds work towards it today just as well. Its just that the relative cost of it all is surprisingly modest now. I'm not sure if there is any point in trying to fix or adjust the current situation anymore.

It would be cool to get some more rooms to unlock though. Or why not entire guild fleet; BW could give access to those two Terminus/Thranta-class ships present on *entering te guildship* cutscenes. More rooms, more perks. Lock them behind some turbo encryptions that you buy for 1k frags or something.

Edited by Stradlin

• 7 months later...

These posts.... I alone unlocked 5 rooms in 2 weeks by crafting. ALONE not as a large guild. These kind of post are on the same level like:

"give everyone one ability because the game is complex and the combat is unbalanced."

or

"too much grind in the game! remove gearing or give everyone the best gear possible when reach max level"

They already made this game dumb enough and you dont have to fight for anything actually....

Why would ppl play if they remove everything from the game you need to fight for? If i could craft enough dark project alone in 2 weeks playing just as a regular player to unlock 5 rooms. Few people could farm\craft the whole stuff in a month.....

Stop killing this game with this attitude. MMORPGs need some grind and objectives to fight for and some pvp, some competition. For guild and for ppl who are better its easier and faster for lower skilled players and guilds its harder and longer. this is how it should be! both can still get it but one way is longer that than the other.