Buried Evils - Taris

jordanph

Hi,

Thought I'd post here bcus most likely to get an answer other than any of the other forum areas. How many days does this need in terms of clicking the seeker droid around? Because right now its almost taken 1.

Just wondering. Someone inform me about this so I can plan my time/life to fit around this quest.

Thanks.

Seriously? Some *********** guy just turned up next to me while i was doing it and did it in 5 minutes while i've been here for 3 *********** hours!. **** you bioware you *****! Ive relogged and restarted my game etc. You think this is *********** funny?

Seriously? Some *********** guy just turned up next to me while i was doing it and did it in 5 minutes while i've been here for 3 *********** hours!. **** you bioware you *****! Ive relogged and restarted my game etc. You think this is *********** funny?

Now it is.

Sorry. Excessive swearing is hilarious.

:D

I think maybe you're not moving where it's telling you properly....I think some people make the mistake of moving around too much when they're doing it. I got it pretty fast. Always try and put it on the weird looking things in the water, rather than randomly.

PS - I thought the title said "Buried Elvis".

In case you are not sure :

You place it on the ground and it will tell you if you in the right location. If it glows red move out of that spot. If it glow green look where the green is facing and move in that area but small steps, at least that is how it worked for me.

Also a friend of mine and her b/f grouped and did it and it was faster for them as there was two looking and when one of them found it then it updated for both of them.

The seeds are always in water with roots in it. After I got this hint, I only needed few minutes per planet to find them. Before I searched hours in vain. Try it out. It narrows down the places a lot.

On Balmorra, I was so lucky, I found the seed with my first try. But on Taris, yes, I needed several hours. So I can relate to your frustration. Still, go for the small lakes and I'm sure you will soon be satisfied. :)

• 2 months later...
Thank you for this! I spent an hour looking on Taris, read this post and found it in less than 5 minutes. :)

Yeah, once you know what you're doing each planet takes 0-9 minutes. Heck, I've done it twice and Hoth was my first freaking click both times - how unlikely is that?

• 1 month later...

Glad so many of you are finding them. I eventually did figure out how to use, small increments. BUT the lvl 53 CHAMPION guarding the area on Taris wouldn't stop attacking me as soon as I got close to the actual pickup area.

LAME DESIGN, dropping this crap quest to do something within the realm of doable.

Bad on you guys.

Glad so many of you are finding them. I eventually did figure out how to use, small increments. BUT the lvl 53 CHAMPION guarding the area on Taris wouldn't stop attacking me as soon as I got close to the actual pickup area.

LAME DESIGN, dropping this crap quest to do something within the realm of doable.

Bad on you guys.

This is well within the real of doable. Aside from Balmorra every planet took me about 0-9 minutes.

Heck, Hoth I got on my first scan.

• 5 months later...

Well, I get the same as above (wall of text). I scan, he sends me in one direction, I take a few steps, scan again, he points me in the opposite direction. Did that for one hour on Taris. Under the big wall, behind the big wall, on both sides of the wall, I always get a green ring, but no loot.

Does the green ring, which is half filled, fill completely when I'm near (or at) the point?

Any ACTUAL HELP would be much appreciated. It doesn't help to hear who did it in 1 minute or 30 secs.

Thanks.

Well, I get the same as above (wall of text). I scan, he sends me in one direction, I take a few steps, scan again, he points me in the opposite direction. Did that for one hour on Taris. Under the big wall, behind the big wall, on both sides of the wall, I always get a green ring, but no loot.

Does the green ring, which is half filled, fill completely when I'm near (or at) the point?

Any ACTUAL HELP would be much appreciated. It doesn't help to hear who did it in 1 minute or 30 secs.

Thanks.

I never noticed if the green area was getting bigger or smaller the closer I got. Just remember that the indicator is pointing from your dig spot (not where you are standing). I just did this with another person (my wife) and we didn't have too much of a problem.

It did seem like we were getting different results, but that may have been a triangulation problem on our end :)

Has anyone died from a mob brought up when the seeker droid was used? My seeker droid no longer detects anything in the Brell compound of Taris and is unusable. The instructions on the droid say improper use may cause death and to consult an instructions manual, but I have no idea what to do. I have completed this quest on other characters without any problems, so I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right....but any tips or suggestions won't make my day!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
Same mission, different planet: Tatooine. I'm pursuing this with my Jedi Consular and Sith Inquisitor, but am having a hell of a time getting to the seed's location on Tatooine with my Jedi. I've gone as far north as I can go in the Dune Sea near the Republic outpost there (can't recall the name right now) but there's cliffs barring me from getting there and trying to get to it from the Outpost Salara angle is just as difficult. Am I doing something wrong, is there another way, or is this just a pain in the butt to begin with?

Same mission, different planet: Tatooine. I'm pursuing this with my Jedi Consular and Sith Inquisitor, but am having a hell of a time getting to the seed's location on Tatooine with my Jedi. I've gone as far north as I can go in the Dune Sea near the Republic outpost there (can't recall the name right now) but there's cliffs barring me from getting there and trying to get to it from the Outpost Salara angle is just as difficult. Am I doing something wrong, is there another way, or is this just a pain in the butt to begin with?

In the far northeast corner of the Dune Sea next to the cliffs there is a path marked by Sand People totems which leads through the cliffs to the area. Beware the dread-seeded sand demon, though.