Why are Weekly Operation missions available before level 70?

Screaming_Ziva

I decided to un-mothball an old level 60 today to get them up to 75. I was grabbing missions from the terminals when I noticed that all of the weekly operation missions are available to me. Why? You can't do operations until you're level 70. Why are the missions made available to characters under 70? I can see where the confusion comes from when building operation groups on fleet and characters under level 70 join. Edited by Screaming_Ziva

You used to be able to do operations well below level 70, with lower level characters getting bolster. I think you had to hit either the 1.0 or 2.0 level cap, so 50 or 55, but with a "max level" character for the original set of Ops you were all set.

Have you only tried queuing for ops via groupfinder below level or have you not been able to get invited and zone in for a pre-formed group?

I can see how even with bolster they might have barred groupfinder due to concerns about "ungeared noobs that don't even have all their class abilites," but I definitely remember doing Ops at story mode with a fairly wide range of levels, back in 5.x? Maybe 4.x? Haven't done Ops in a couple of years so I'm fuzzy and out of date in recollections.

They may have reduced access again since the times I'm remembering.

Edited by Ramalina

Yeah, most operations were available at level 50. The game would bolster you up to max level. I'm not sure how it works now in 6.x. Does anyone know if you get bolstered up to level 70? You won't be able to do groupfinder, but you should be able to enter the instance. Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Yeah, most operations were available at level 50. The game would bolster you up to max level. I'm not sure how it works now in 6.x. Does anyone know if you get bolstered up to level 70? You won't be able to do groupfinder, but you should be able to enter the instance.

You cannot enter the instance unless you are level 70+.

I remember the plague one alway said you were bolstered but at some point the players simply refused to let anyone under level in the operations groups. I have no idea what the quest says now.. Its been too long since I bothered with the plague op.

I decided to un-mothball an old level 60 today to get them up to 75. I was grabbing missions from the terminals when I noticed that all of the weekly operation missions are available to me. Why? You can't do operations until you're level 70. Why are the missions made available to characters under 70? I can see where the confusion comes from when building operation groups on fleet and characters under level 70 join.

IF you are talking for the season weekly, you can change it to 4 WZ or 4 starfighter matches by clicking the arrows that make a circle. sometimes bring and to do 3-4 H2 on a planet.

Edited by Kissakias