Quesh Story-Arc Inconsistency

EAFSAMWISE

I noticed after playing both sides that the Imperial storyline for the planetary arc takes place first and the Republic one takes place after that. However, I was a bit confused--Broga the Hutt is the only Three Families leader who appears in both, yet in the Imperial one he has a kill option. Is there something I missed that would explain why he's definitively alive during the Republic one if his fate after the Imperial storyline is supposed to be ambiguous? Edited by EAFSAMWISE

Either he canonically is spared, or the arcs are actually mutually exclusive (rather than one taking place after the other) and the winner on Quesh is whichever faction you fight for.

I'm not too fond of having my choices invalidated or the idea of two very different stories on each side being mutually exclusive, so I headcanon Broga having the foresight to place a body double before the Imps could get him.

Edited by rashencyberspeed

The imperial one would also have to be after the republic one since you have the option in the pubside quest to kill Moff Dracen.

idk where I heard this but Quesh is the first planet the devs worked on. It's a pretty straightforward planet in terms of design and quest plotting, no bonus series or heroics. That's probably also the reason there's no companion influence available and why BW has never offered to put it in (because they can't). AFAIK the mutually exclusive storyline is not the case for any other planet. I think Quesh is the prototype for all the others where they figured out what worked and what didn't, and one thing that didn't work was mutually exclusive storylines..

Y'all are overthinking it.

Think of it this way: on each planet there is *someone* running through what amounts to the class story for every class, but only the player character runs through the <Story Arc> missions. Well, them and certain others that don't make sense if multiple people run them.

Examples: the Sith Warrior and the Sith Inquisitor are both on Korriban at more or less exactly the same time. Either or both of them can murder "traitors" for Inquisitor Arzanon, or undergo Overseer Ragate's Trial of Blood and Bone, but only one can:

* Retrieve the mutant Tuk'ata brain for Lord Renning.

* Release the Jedi prisoner for Overseer Whatsherface.

* Scan the overseers for Lord Abaron (it makes no storytelling sense for more than one person to help him).

* A host of other things, all of which involve unique objects or beings. (Naman Fal's son, the research chemicals, etc.)

So, my view would be that only one of the four or eight classes on a planet (er, the player character) runs the main <Story Arc> for each planet, while the other three or seven (non-player classes) do something else instead.

What's official doesn't matter to me. I take an optimistic approach. All Imperial stories happen first then the Republic comes in to save the day from damage that was caused. Plot holes develop. The Voss Planet Story cannot happen for both sides. Completing it on one side makes the other side impossible to do in story. I don't worry about it.

Y'all are overthinking it.

Think of it this way: on each planet there is *someone* running through what amounts to the class story for every class, but only the player character runs through the <Story Arc> missions. Well, them and certain others that don't make sense if multiple people run them.

Examples: the Sith Warrior and the Sith Inquisitor are both on Korriban at more or less exactly the same time. Either or both of them can murder "traitors" for Inquisitor Arzanon, or undergo Overseer Ragate's Trial of Blood and Bone, but only one can:

* Retrieve the mutant Tuk'ata brain for Lord Renning.

* Release the Jedi prisoner for Overseer Whatsherface.

* Scan the overseers for Lord Abaron (it makes no storytelling sense for more than one person to help him).

* A host of other things, all of which involve unique objects or beings. (Naman Fal's son, the research chemicals, etc.)

So, my view would be that only one of the four or eight classes on a planet (er, the player character) runs the main <Story Arc> for each planet, while the other three or seven (non-player classes) do something else instead.

My main point with this post is that Broga is alive all throughout the Republic Quest but dies on the Imperial side. It is quite clear that pub-side takes place after the Imperial side for Quesh because the General in charge of Republic forces is different on the imp side (only the Republic missions show General Korvan being the one in charge so it's assumed the General shown on Imperial side has died or been replaced by then, but Korvan doesn't die either way) and because Moff Dracen has been toppled one way or another by the end of the Republic Quest. Broga the Hutt has a "kill" option on the Imperial side, which makes no sense since he's alive and well on the Republic side which takes place after it, for reasons I already mentioned. Hence the confusion.

Edited by EAFSAMWISE

My main point with this post is that Broga is alive all throughout the Republic Quest but dies on the Imperial side. It is quite clear that pub-side takes place after the Imperial side for Quesh because the General in charge of Republic forces is different on the imp side (only the Republic missions show General Korvan being the one in charge so it's assumed the General shown on Imperial side has died or been replaced by then, but Korvan doesn't die either way) and because Moff Dracen has been toppled one way or another by the end of the Republic Quest. Broga the Hutt has a "kill" option on the Imperial side, which makes no sense since he's alive and well on the Republic side which takes place after it, for reasons I already mentioned. Hence the confusion.

You're overthinking it. In any one character's universe, although the other seven class story protagonists are around(1), only the player character runs the <Story Arc>. On a one-faction planet (capital worlds, Balmorra, Taris(2)), the other three of the player's faction do other things, and on two-faction planets, the player does it and the other seven don't.

Since only one of the eight protagonists runs the <Story Arc>, there's no conflict on Quesh, since only one of the two sequences can happen. The key thing is that, as in KotFE/ET, there is no one definitive (in detail) outcome.

Nothing else makes sense.

(1) That is, if, say, the player character is a Trooper, somewhere there is a Jedi Knight, a Jedi Consular, a Smuggler, a Sith Inquisitor, a Sith Warrior, a Bounty Hunter and an Imperial Agent, all doing their respective class stories. None of those others can run the <Story Arc> that a player character could run(3). I don't know what they do instead, mind you, but...

(2) Balmorra and Taris are "one-faction" planets because at any one point in the story, only one faction goes to them. You never see Imp players on Balmorra if you're there on a Pub character.

(3) Large chunks of most of those <Story Arc> missions don't make sense for multiple protagonists to do.

You're overthinking it. In any one character's universe, although the other seven class story protagonists are around(1), only the player character runs the <Story Arc>. On a one-faction planet (capital worlds, Balmorra, Taris(2)), the other three of the player's faction do other things, and on two-faction planets, the player does it and the other seven don't.

Since only one of the eight protagonists runs the <Story Arc>, there's no conflict on Quesh, since only one of the two sequences can happen. The key thing is that, as in KotFE/ET, there is no one definitive (in detail) outcome.

Nothing else makes sense.

(1) That is, if, say, the player character is a Trooper, somewhere there is a Jedi Knight, a Jedi Consular, a Smuggler, a Sith Inquisitor, a Sith Warrior, a Bounty Hunter and an Imperial Agent, all doing their respective class stories. None of those others can run the <Story Arc> that a player character could run(3). I don't know what they do instead, mind you, but...

(2) Balmorra and Taris are "one-faction" planets because at any one point in the story, only one faction goes to them. You never see Imp players on Balmorra if you're there on a Pub character.

(3) Large chunks of most of those <Story Arc> missions don't make sense for multiple protagonists to do.

True although most story-arcs fit better with some class stories than with others. Voss story arc seems most conducive to Jedi Knight since in both cases you deal ultimately with Sel-Makor. I actually played both the Jedi Knight and story arc missions there simultaneously and it mostly made sense to combine them. Not true in most cases but in this case it actually worked somewhat. Coruscant story-arc makes the most sense for Consulars also since it involves diplomacy with the Gree. Republic Taris story-arc is somewhat disjointed but mostly works better on Troopers due to the military objective nature of dealing with rakghouls and securing things for the soldiers. The list goes on