Question about stronghold exit terminals

Crooklynone

Can you change the location of the terminal itself, like the actual device? I know you can't in the Coruscant stronghold because it's built into the elevator, but the other locations where it's a terminal pedestal, can those be moved elsewhere?

Side note: This is my very first post, and I did look around to try to find the answer, but all I could find were posts about changing the location of exit points through the terminal, not changing the location of the terminal, hence the noob post here. Thanks in advance for any information.

Can you change the location of the terminal itself, like the actual device? I know you can't in the Coruscant stronghold because it's built into the elevator, but the other locations where it's a terminal pedestal, can those be moved elsewhere?

Side note: This is my very first post, and I did look around to try to find the answer, but all I could find were posts about changing the location of exit points through the terminal, not changing the location of the terminal, hence the noob post here. Thanks in advance for any information.

No you cannot change the location of the terminal. But the good news is you do not need to use the terminal to leave your SH. You can use the exit area feature on the top right of your mini map or use any of the legacy, solo tab, or other transports at your disposal

you can change where you port into your stronghold (at least for some of the newer ones). for example, the Alderaan stronghold is huge and has a few "terminals." you can set one as your main entrance. because that very first terminal is in the middle of nowhere. I purchased the SH specifically because it has training dummies, so I set the terminal nearest the training dummies as my default entry point when I port to the SH. (it's also the only area of the SH that has any decos. lul).

Edited by CheesyEZ

Thank you. Pretty new to the game, so I'm trying to figure out as much as I can by lurking here and reading. Just hit 7 weeks of play yesterday.

Best thing you can do. I've been playing for about five years and I still ask questions when I'm not sure about something.

you can change where you port into your stronghold (at least for some of the newer ones). for example, the Alderaan stronghold is huge and has a few "terminals." you can set one as your main entrance. because that very first terminal is in the middle of nowhere. I purchased the SH specifically because it has training dummies, so I set the terminal nearest the training dummies as my default entry point when I port to the SH. (it's also the only area of the SH that has any decos. lul).

Not the entry point, the actual terminal. The reason I ask is because in the Manaan stronghold, I have everything I need utility-wise (jawa vendors, GTC wall kiosk, mail, cargo bay, legacy storage and med droid) in the underwater observatory. I have that set as my entry point. But, if I want to go to the fleet and I happen to have already been there, I have to go all the way back outside to use the exit terminal because the starship map says I'm already there.

They should sell these as part of the utility pack or individually. I would like one on all floors of the strongholds. I just have the one on Coruscant and Manaan, but I'm planning to buy the Yavin 4 one and I think there's only one there, as well. It's just that when you get these strongholds that are more like compounds, one would think that convenience would be a priority. I also hate that there's a starship loop way up on top of the Manaan stronghold but you can't actually go up there and check it out. You are stuck having to look at just a partial view of it from the ground or from the indoor rooftop garden window. Totally stupid planning on that one.

Actually, as Scruffy said, the Exit Terminal is actually unnecessary; if you look at your mini-map, there should be a small button at the top of it labeled 'Exit Area', clicking it brings up the same menu of "Return to (last planet visited)"/"Exit to (stronghold planet)"/"Exit to starship"/"Exit to Fleet" that the Exit Terminal does.

Actually, as Scruffy said, the Exit Terminal is actually unnecessary; if you look at your mini-map, there should be a small button at the top of it labeled 'Exit Area', clicking it brings up the same menu of "Return to (last planet visited)"/"Exit to (stronghold planet)"/"Exit to starship"/"Exit to Fleet" that the Exit Terminal does.

I clicked everywhere but that lol. Thank you both for finally drilling it into head haha.

Not the entry point, the actual terminal. The reason I ask is because in the Manaan stronghold, I have everything I need utility-wise (jawa vendors, GTC wall kiosk, mail, cargo bay, legacy storage and med droid) in the underwater observatory. I have that set as my entry point. But, if I want to go to the fleet and I happen to have already been there, I have to go all the way back outside to use the exit terminal because the starship map says I'm already there.

They should sell these as part of the utility pack or individually. I would like one on all floors of the strongholds. I just have the one on Coruscant and Manaan, but I'm planning to buy the Yavin 4 one and I think there's only one there, as well. It's just that when you get these strongholds that are more like compounds, one would think that convenience would be a priority. I also hate that there's a starship loop way up on top of the Manaan stronghold but you can't actually go up there and check it out. You are stuck having to look at just a partial view of it from the ground or from the indoor rooftop garden window. Totally stupid planning on that one.

I understand what you're talking about. the exit issue was already addressed. additionally, there are terminals throughout some of the larger SH. for example, I changed my default port in to a different one. as you can exit area from anywhere (already answered) I was simply pointing out that there are other terminals throughout SHs, and it's useful to change from the default one. I see you already have that set. as that is the only thing that's really not moveable (like a deco)

Edited by CheesyEZ