How do I always land on the losing PVP team?

creeklar

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Way to necro an almost 2 year old thread! I'll see if I can kill it again by posting.... yeah.

Played pub side just now. Level 70. Had no problem getting wins. Had about 10 games total, lost 3 maybe 4. Definitely had losses, but still had more wins. In fact, the only ones I lost seemed to be the ones where we had players that started out right away with the "pubs always lose, woe is us" crying. Self fulfilling prophecy if you ask me.

Did 1 midbie match before I stopped for a while. Won that - so 100% wins on the midbie pub side! :p

Way to necro an almost 2 year old thread! I'll see if I can kill it again by posting.... yeah.

Played pub side just now. Level 70. Had no problem getting wins. Had about 10 games total, lost 3 maybe 4. Definitely had losses, but still had more wins. In fact, the only ones I lost seemed to be the ones where we had players that started out right away with the "pubs always lose, woe is us" crying. Self fulfilling prophecy if you ask me.

Did 1 midbie match before I stopped for a while. Won that - so 100% wins on the midbie pub side! :p

So basically what your saying is, Empire side loses 99% of the time, and pub side wins 888% of the time got it.

Like I said, there's an issue. The que should be slated to statistically enable 50% win on both sides.

If you are feeling loosing all your game, stop q for some minutes or maybe more, if you are a Good player you Will be surely drafted by a pvp guild and then group with those guy and make your win rate climb.

achieving 100% win on a short run is possible, but on a long run if you count all your Victory and defeat you should be around 50%, im just talking about regs WZ.

so now some premade are strong but cant still be defeated by a group of experienced solo player.

Since WZ are designed for favorite teamplay so communication (besides voip , you got chat for determine a general strat)

with all the hint you should have a better win rate ratio

Actually Im on 25 losses of 25 games. Not a single win. So yes something is definitely wrong with the que maker.

It not the Que maker its your pvp skill and the skill of your team mates mixed with pubs favorite way to try and win With Tank healer turtle combo's. I will give you an examples SF pub side horrendous last night. Why this well because pub on the new Sf server are doing what pubs do best bring 90000 healers and dps tanks to a street fight against people using Actual DPS classes that use focus fire. The only way Pubs know how to fight is Turtle tactics, If we turtle we will win. Problem with that is there healers are dying 20 times a match and spend most of the time in the swan point..

Glad we are still working on this 5 years later................

There is an old joke, probably as old as the original post in this thread, about a lady that hears on the news that someone is driving very dangerously, in the wrong direction, down a nearby freeway. She think to herself, oh no my husband takes that way home, I better call and warn him. So she calls and tells him, "Honey, you should take a different route, someone is driving the wrong way down I-80". Her husband replies, "Not just one person, EVERYONE is!"

For some reason, I always think of that joke when someone posts about how terrible everyone else is such that they always end up losing every PvP match they are in. :p

• 3 years later...
There is an old joke, probably as old as the original post in this thread, about a lady that hears on the news that someone is driving very dangerously, in the wrong direction, down a nearby freeway. She think to herself, oh no my husband takes that way home, I better call and warn him. So she calls and tells him, "Honey, you should take a different route, someone is driving the wrong way down I-80". Her husband replies, "Not just one person, EVERYONE is!"

For some reason, I always think of that joke when someone posts about how terrible everyone else is such that they always end up losing every PvP match they are in. :p

IM generally at the top of the empire roister for healing, or damage..... So. It isn't me, and most of the people on my team have super high numbers, whereas the other team... not so much but they still win.

Its a combination of The maps being given to Pub advantages, and the way some of the class skills work Pub Vs Empire. Empire classes are better at PvE from what I have noticed, Pub classes are tailored more for "PvP". Thus creating an inherent disadvantage.

The other part is that the que itself does not discriminate between a group of solo pugs, and a premade and simply slams them together thus causing the premade to steamroll the pug 99% of the time. Pub guilds are generally more focused on pvp whereas empire guilds are more focused on pve (in general) so the vast majority of the premades come from you guessed it "Pub side". Once again creating an inherent imbalance in skill, coordination and tactics vs teams.

Both of these problems are easily solved with a few algorithms which would lit4erally take all of 30 minuets to write and test. And yet like Textures for updated graphics, which are also extremely low cost and easy to implement, bioware and EA are silent and choose not to fix them.

How does the game determine which team I will be on when I Que solo for PVP? I seem to always hit the losing side... If it is because of premades, I think bioware should make a PVP arena which is totally made up of solo ques. After the way high end players have already exploited the game for easy Valor and PVP gear it is way unfun to PVP their premades. Take away premade.

You are just content that is meant to be farmed by people in well geared and coordinated premade groups.

IM generally at the top of the empire roister for healing, or damage..... So. It isn't me, and most of the people on my team have super high numbers, whereas the other team... not so much but they still win.

First of all:

Necro much?

Secondly:

If you do a Team DM on maps that are not Team DM you'l always get top dmg, in objective warzones that means you are hindering your team and playing the gank gang, it doesn't mean u are good, just that you are 100% of the time mashing buttons on other players. At least as a healer if you do that you are "accidentally" helping, so keep it up, as healer, don't DPS ever again!

When I read your reply I actually laughed hard here xD

Thirdly:

This happens a lot:

You are just content that is meant to be farmed by people in well geared and coordinated premade groups.

Although Exly sounded more like TTing than raising a concern by the way he said it, it's like he created that excuse in his head. When in reality if you are good you can compete against those premades, BUT, you'll still be in severe disadvantage and the odds very much against you.

BONUS:

This kind of reply is what happens when parents fail to educate their children and pay for their game's subscription:

because you're on it
Edited by xdjinn

How in the world did you even find a thread from 2012? And why did you necro it?

cause its the same situation today for lots of players, everyone wants to find something else to blame cause if they can't, they gotta race the reality that its actually their fault, and they don't like that

cause its the same situation today for lots of players, everyone wants to find something else to blame cause if they can't, they gotta race the reality that its actually their fault, and they don't like that

so deep, I think you are competing with Plato already on philosophical deepness

so deep, I think you are competing with Plato already on philosophical deepness

This is incorrect both psychologically, Realistically, and philosophically.

On Mass Losses:

Allow me to explain,

1. Who's fault is it?

The comment about people blaming everyone but themselves is both a short sighted, and irrelevant comment because it is a "team" game. No matter how Good 1 person is, unless the team are equally on par with that person or a clone of AI copying their moves, no SWTOR team game or match will EVER be decided by a single person.

Therefore your individual skill level while relevant to the entirety of the match as a whole is "Relevant". Your individual ability to decide a win or a loss is NOT.

Ergo, blaming yourself "for the loss", would be pointless, irrelevant, self depreciating, and a waste of mental effort.

2. Why does this actually happen?

As has been stated multiple times in this thread, the actual fault lies with Bioware and their matchmaking algorithms. This game was Biowares first MMORPG (and only MMORPG actually), they didn't have a clue what they were doing when they made it, and even though they have gotten better over the years..... Minuetly.... They still do not understand the basics of how an MMRPG works Pvp wise nor how to actually Balance a given system.

Balance to most companies like Bioware where pvp is concerned means "Ensure everyone has similar abilities and damage".

Unfortunately this is not actual "Balance". It just makes your class.. well... Pointless.

True balance, deals with giving each class unique skills and abilities (Not cookie cutter **** with different names and graphics). Which give strengths and weaknesses to individual classes. IE, a tank would be able to take massive damage, but as a trade off, do very little back, OR a Sniper might have their crit rate be higher depending on the range they are at up to their maximum range, ie, 80% crit rate at Max range for example and depreciate it the closer the target is. As a trade off the class would be easy to kill if you got up on it, or maybe do **** damage at close range.

Balance is about weaknesses and strengths, and each class being unique in them. Its about your skill to exploit said weaknesses with countering classes equipment and builds. Sadly MOST DEVS FROM AAA COMPANIES MMORPGs don't understand this because lets be real...

They don't actually play video games. That's right, the Bioware Devs don't play SWTOR (Its in the contract for being a Dev for an EA/Bioware, and Even Blizzard game (As a dev you are contractually forbidden to play the MMORPG you work on), so you expecting them to fix it is asinine because they do not even know what the problem is because they don't play the game, and Developers, do not read forums only the PR people do and they never speak with the devs.

The devs fix what the big wigs want them to fix and nothing else, and those are only things which hurt the companies income from the game. Nothing else. Even if the devs knew and wanted to fix the issues, they are employees and can only fix what they are "allowed" to fix.

This is why the matchmaking system is broken. And why so many people experience these broken matches continually.

How do I know the above?

Because I used to be a Developer for:

Blizzard, Bioware, and EA among others.

Edited by Darth-Malkaevian

On Mass Losses:

Allow me to explain,

1. Who's fault is it?

The comment about people blaming everyone but themselves is both a short sighted, and irrelevant comment because it is a "team" game. No matter how Good 1 person is, unless the team are equally on par with that person or a clone of AI copying their moves, no SWTOR team game or match will EVER be decided by a single person.

Therefore your individual skill level while relevant to the entirety of the match as a whole is "Relevant". Your individual ability to decide a win or a loss is NOT.

Ergo, blaming yourself "for the loss", would be pointless, irrelevant, self depreciating, and a waste of mental effort.

As has been stated multiple times in this thread, the actual fault lies with Bioware and their matchmaking algorithms. This game was Biowares first MMORPG (and only MMORPG actually), they didn't have a clue what they were doing when they made it, and even though they have gotten better over the years..... Minuetly.... They still do not understand the basics of how an MMRPG works Pvp wise nor how to actually Balance a given system.

Balance to most companies like Bioware where pvp is concerned means "Ensure everyone has similar abilities and damage".

Unfortunately this is not actual "Balance". It just makes your class.. well... Pointless.

True balance, deals with giving each class unique skills and abilities (Not cookie cutter **** with different names and graphics). Which give strengths and weaknesses to individual classes. IE, a tank would be able to take massive damage, but as a trade off, do very little back, OR a Sniper might have their crit rate be higher depending on the range they are at up to their maximum range, ie, 80% crit rate at Max range for example and depreciate it the closer the target is. As a trade off the class would be easy to kill if you got up on it, or maybe do **** damage at close range.

Balance is about weaknesses and strengths, and each class being unique in them. Its about your skill to exploit said weaknesses with countering classes equipment and builds. Sadly MOST DEVS FROM AAA COMPANIES MMORPGs don't understand this because lets be real...

They don't actually play video games. That's right, the Bioware Devs don't play SWTOR (Its in the contract for being a Dev for an EA/Bioware, and Even Blizzard game (As a dev you are contractually forbidden to play the MMORPG you work on), so you expecting them to fix it is asinine because they do not even know what the problem is because they don't play the game, and Developers, do not read forums only the PR people do and they never speak with the devs.

The devs fix what the big wigs want them to fix and nothing else, and those are only things which hurt the companies income from the game. Nothing else. Even if the devs knew and wanted to fix the issues, they are employees and can only fix what they are "allowed" to fix.

This is why the matchmaking system is broken. And why so many people experience these broken matches continually.

How do I know the above?

hmm very interesting (You actually made a lot of good points there, but my last reply was sarcastic)

-> I used to be a member of IGDA, do you have your card still? Instead of diving into the industry as a pawn I've moved out to make films, so much better xD

Edited by xdjinn

On Mass Losses:

Allow me to explain,

1. Who's fault is it?

How do I know the above?

So I thought it was strange devs wouldn't be allowed to play their own game so I asked Chris about it.

https://imgur.com/NDIEQZ4

[snip]

[snip]

How do I know the above?

[snip]

I really doubt you've worked for these companies. No, the BioWare folks don't tell you who their characters are, but they have definitely stated and shown they play the game. Some with more intensity than the average player. (The aside about Blizzard not playing Wow is even more hilarious. Google Ion Hazzikostas, ElitestJerks GM, and Scarab Lord. )

Yes, there is legitimate criticism which you can level at some of the decisions and their implementations, but this isn't The Way. ^_^

I really doubt you've worked for these companies. No, the BioWare folks don't tell you who their characters are, but they have definitely stated and shown they play the game. Some with more intensity than the average player. (The aside about Blizzard not playing Wow is even more hilarious. Google Ion Hazzikostas, ElitestJerks GM, and Scarab Lord. )

Yes, there is legitimate criticism which you can level at some of the decisions and their implementations, but this isn't The Way. ^_^

I've decided to wait and see if he even knows what IGDA is (I believe he doesn't). Still some strong points in there.