Lethality range tactical

Muckenjager

Greeting,

I was thinking about a tactical for lethality (and the Jedi loving counterpart), that increases the range from the two knife attackes to 10 (the same range as toxic blast and corrosiv assault). It would completly change the playstyle since you are no longer forced into (actual) melee. This medium / short range class would be something pretty new and refreshing, I guess.

Also, if you dont like hitting hot air with the knife animation you could use the one from "noxious knives" and just reduce the knives thrown to one. For the scoundrel is it fine anyway, with his shotgun.

What do you guys think? Would love to use that and be a lot more flexible during combat.

A neat idea but I feel like something like this would break the class.

Operative DPS specs are, by nature, melee dps even if Lethality feels like a hybrid due to its longer range on Corrosive Assault and Toxic Blast. Being within melee range in order to use the majority of lethality's abilities is pretty much the only thing that offers counterplay to this spec. Lethality has solid DPS, great survivability via healing, and absolutely wrecks in teamplay when given support.

Lethality should stay as melee range for reasonably balanced play. Want that fat cleave with full DoT spread? You need to get in the cleave yourself and drop your rotation.

Edited by BigDaddyLaz

If you want ranged DOTs, that’s what Virulence Sniper/Dirty Fighting Gunslinger are for. Besides, the difference between 5m and 10m is negligible for such a highly mobile class, so you might as well keep the two melee attacks as melee attacks.

• 1 month later...
The man is writing about buffing the OP/Scoundrel when the entire class needs the nerf bat :mad:

Nah. There are a few things that could use some big tweaks, but the entire class as a whole doesn’t need to be completely nerfed. That’s a reaction in the far opposite direction from what we need.

• 2 months later...
I was thinking the same(tactical that increase shiv range to 10m) problem with that is not lethality spec(it would be ballanced) but concealment since it's designed purely as a melee spec. There is other class that can use similar tactical(flying fists) and it's not broken or anything(i just can stay 10m away all the time without need to go into melee for shockstrike). With new 7.0 my idea is to put that as passive(only for lethality/medicine specs) that change animation of shiv to freshly removed sever tendom or overload shot and increase it's range to 10m(it would work like other replacement skills) one of the passice you choose in the new skill tree could be merged with other skill or something. Still, 10m shiv replacement would be locked behind choice(this or other two passives/active ablilities) so it wont be broken but help lethality spec feel more like medium range spec in contrast to pure melee concealment. Edited by Davook