Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Playing as a female character

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Playing as a female character

Aryh
04.04.2013 , 05:52 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Our Rattataki Powertech - it's not exact, but he was confused why I wasn't the lady Twi'lek and my husband wasn't the manly-manly Agent
Ah thanks^.^
Well, I have some male characters as well but more female ones.
But be patient with us, our minds are just so used to connecting female voices with female characters and the other way round
But yeah I get the irony of it

Heezdedjim
04.04.2013 , 09:51 AM | #62
In most games more than half the characters are female, and more than half the players are male. Other than the very rare idiot, people know this and generally do not assume that a female toon means a female player is at the keyboard. Four out of my 12 characters are female, and I've never had anyone randomly /whisper'ing any of them or asking "are you a girl IRL?" so far.

These days, the "extra attention" that used to be directed toward female characters now goes mainly to female players who dare to venture onto voice chat, where their real life gender becomes apparent.

Bastila-chan
04.04.2013 , 10:01 AM | #63
I play only-female characters and I did not get anything more than a occasional /kiss towards me. And even that is very rare. So yeah, zero negative experiences.

I mean, people know girls in this game are as rare as Krayt dragons on Tattoine. But then again, there are some, and my guild is planning an all female (RL, not toon) operation as we speak. We have 7 so far, just one more, just one more.

AussieAlan
04.04.2013 , 11:36 AM | #64
I resent that, I spent 2 hours last weekend trying to get a normal name for my toon, only 2 of my toons do not have normal names, one being Nari'ko from Heavenly sword the other being Fi'ves, after CT5555.

I am surprised this thread to go on as much as it has, thought it would have had 1 or 2 comments at most.

JamieKirby
04.04.2013 , 11:47 AM | #65
I tend to play female characters, especially if they have hot accents, but i never really get bothered by other players, i got bothered on wow, where this stupid kid was asking if i had a boyfriend....i was like 'oh my god, what a loser' i didn't type it, but you know what i mean.

I know some couples meet in an mmo, i wouldn't be against it if i met someone nice in this game or any other mmo i have played, i just don't play them to find anyone.

Sinapus
04.04.2013 , 09:16 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Aryh View Post
I mostly play female characters. I have some male toons that I roleplay in my mind when playing.
I absolutely love the male SW voice so I just had to roll one.
I have similar reasons for rolling up a female smuggler character.
Maxim 37: There is no overkill, there is only "Open Fire" and "I Need to Reload."

Friend Referral Link.

LostInReverie
04.05.2013 , 01:10 PM | #67
I'm a woman, and I play both male and female characters. I like to roleplay each of them in my head so I don't think of any of them as me. I have an even mix of male characters and female characters. I like to experience the different stories from different perspectives so I like making interesting combos of race and gender.

ETA: It's interesting to note that most of my male characters are Pubs and most of my female characters are Imps.
The Callisto Legacy

{Canderous Ordo -> Jedi Covenant / The Ebon Hawk -> Star Forge}

Letsjet
10.13.2021 , 10:51 AM | #68
My mains are an assassin and a guardian, both male like me. I have an alt of about every other class. genders are split down the middle pretty much.

Mine are based on what i imagine the character to be like when i create them.

Like my sniper is a chick bc i imagined her to be oren ishii age 17 sniper mode from kill bill
My mara is a mean looking dude name gruesome.

My girl characters are hot looking, but im always in discord
I dont recall being flirted with
"I see you have constructed a new light saber. Your skills are complete. Indeed you are powerful as the Emperor has foreseen."

JediQuaker
10.14.2021 , 08:08 AM | #69
Basically, what 'gender' you play in SWTOR means about as much as which 'token' you play in Monopoly. 😂

(not counting Role Playing 😏 )
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

SteveTheCynic
10.16.2021 , 10:27 AM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Letsjet View Post
Like my sniper is a chick bc i imagined her to be oren ishii age 17 sniper mode from kill bill
It's your character, so you can imagine it any way you like, of course, but it's pretty clear that in the story lore, the beginning Agent is a good-sized chunk older than 17, easily as old as 25.
Quote: Originally Posted by Letsjet View Post
I dont recall being flirted with
Lucky you. I recall on one occasion one of my ... incompletely dressed, let's say(1), females was questing on Quesh, and someone decided it would be fun to jump around like a doofus and follow me saying junk like "sexy" and so on in chat. I switched from the Darth Andeddu set (helmet hidden) to the Synthetic Biofber armour set, and he quickly got bored and went away.

(1) Not exactly at the level of wearing more eyeliner than clothes, but not far from it. The Darth Anddedu set is pretty skimpy.
Something you find difficult is a lesson on how to play better, not a punishment for playing badly.
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes