5sec cooldown on Heroic Transports

NeoNSoNicXJR

currently they are 60 minutes. that is way too long. please lower them to 5 seconds. like the other forms of fast travel. they used to be ridiculously long like 30 minutes to 60 minutes to 24 hours. now they are 5 seconds the emergency fleet pass and quick travel.

please lower the heroic missions (+2 players) there is atleast 20 of these on a terminal on the fleet, to 5 sec cooldown on the fast travel to them currently they are 60 minutes.

thank you.

The intent is that you use them to travel to the mission, and then you do the mission (which deletes the transport item). The current cooldown is totally compatible with that.

Except for when the transport fails, which has happened to me a few times (it can happen if you get interrupted near the end of the channel), or if you pick up the same heroic after the daily reset and the QT is still on CD. 60-mins is excessive.

Edit:

This part removed:

I understand their intent, to prevent people from using these as free travel (which people already do)

Actually, I do not understand it. It makes no sense. Free travel to any planet is already available via selecting that planet from the Solo tab of the Activities window.

Edited by ceryxp

or if you pick up the same heroic after the daily reset and the QT is still on CD.

this is something i have done a few time's.

but thats something you need to learn from it.

if you compleet that close to the daily reset and pick it up again you know the cooldown is still active that means you need to compleet the heroic's then before the daily reset.

thats why a lot people to then after the reset and then you see a lot off people in the open area from some heroic's.

60 mins cooldown is to long thats for sure.

but i think that 30 mins cooldown for the heroic transport is more real and fair and if you still do something wrong then its more your own fault.

The intent is that you use them to travel to the mission, and then you do the mission (which deletes the transport item). The current cooldown is totally compatible with that.

Agree. If you use the qts to travel to the Heroic and then do the Heroic, the respawn time doesn't matter. It's only when you try to game the system by using them to save a few credits in travel costs, that it becomes a problem. But just like removing the 'buy back timer', BW has no incentive to help people game things. 🙂

...and if you still do something wrong then its more your own fault.

How is wanting to repeat the heroics on the planet you are already on after they have reset for the day doing something wrong?

Agree. If you use the qts to travel to the Heroic and then do the Heroic, the respawn time doesn't matter. It's only when you try to game the system by using them to save a few credits in travel costs, that it becomes a problem. But just like removing the 'buy back timer', BW has no incentive to help people game things. 🙂

I edited my above comment. Actually, the timer to prevent using them for free travel does not make any sense. Free travel is already available to most of the OG planets by selecting that planet from the Solo tab of the Activities window. How does having a timer on the heroic transport stop someone from using the available option that offers 0 cost travel and does not have a timer?

I edited my above comment. Actually, the timer to prevent using them for free travel does not make any sense. Free travel is already available to most of the OG planets by selecting that planet from the Solo tab of the Activities window. How does having a timer on the heroic transport stop someone from using the available option that offers 0 cost travel and does not have a timer?

I think it made sense when the Heroic Transport options were added (4.0), since the Activities panel in its current form was added later (5.0 if memory serves). Maybe.

That said, thinking about this some more, I think that cooldown has outlived its usefulness. Just the other day I arrived at one of the Coruscant H2s and a cry went up for people interested in doing the world boss. There was that moment of "oof, do I want to have to travel back here manually?" before I agreed to go over there. I knew it would take less than an hour to go over to the MMG territory and succeed or fail, and my memory of which H2 is in which area of Coruscant is a little hazy. (Yeah, I know, Face Merchants in Black Sun, Most Wanted and Gonthor in Judicator, and Maps in the Jedi Temple, but I had to sit and *think* about it.)

Perhaps make it a "Requires Legacy Level K" perk like the Fleet and QT cooldowns are. K is up for grabs, but shouldn't be much.

How is wanting to repeat the heroics on the planet you are already on after they have reset for the day doing something wrong?

its easy.

we all know the daily reset from heroic's and daily conquest missions is on 13:00 UTC.

if you start doing heroic on lets tell 12:45 UTC and have compleet all off then in 15 mins and you wane run then again on 13:00 UTC again since then there are reset is it a wrong thing to do since you need to wait 45 mins after the reset to use the heroic transport.

so whats the point more starting to close to before the daily reset and wane do then again when the reset has took place is your own wrong move to do.

the point from it is that timing things right is something we all need to do in this case its the OP more that needs to time things right with the heroic's and not start runing then so close to the daily reset.

and the cooldown from the heroic transports will never become 5 sec thats something we all know since bioware is not going to make then that short.

and like i told all i think also the 60 mins cooldown is long so thats why its better to make then 30 mins.

its easy.

we all know the daily reset from heroic's and daily conquest missions is on 13:00 UTC.

It is at 12:00 (noon) UTC.

Ultimately, the key point is that there is a (short) span of time each day where doing heroics will cause the player to be unable to use the Heroic Transport things. That span of time is, in general, at inconvenient times in the US (8am or earlier, with the earliest being in Alaska, where it's around 1am), but in Europe it is at or near lunch time, and in Australia and similar, it is the very late evening.

Ultimately, the key point is that there is a (short) span of time each day where doing heroics will cause the player to be unable to use the Heroic Transport things.

Agreed. I think the cooldown should be 6 mins. That is, IIRC, the same as an unmodified Quick Travel CD.

That said, thinking about this some more, I think that cooldown has outlived its usefulness. Just the other day I arrived at one of the Coruscant H2s and a cry went up for people interested in doing the world boss. There was that moment of "oof, do I want to have to travel back here manually?" before I agreed to go over there.

Yeah, but you're only talking about stuff all within Coruscant. Once you're on a planet the Transports are mostly just convenient. The thing (I speculate) that the devs were concerned about was travel between planets using the Heroic Transports rather than paying the Galaxy map travel costs.

Senior moment : while on Rishi trying unsuccessfully to do the PO, I was having trouble finding the way to a certain spot, until I remembered to use HT. 🙄

Ultimately, the key point is that there is a (short) span of time each day where doing heroics will cause the player to be unable to use the Heroic Transport things. That span of time is, in general, at inconvenient times in the US (8am or earlier, with the earliest being in Alaska, where it's around 1am), but in Europe it is at or near lunch time, and in Australia and similar, it is the very late evening.

for EU its normal that the conquest reset and heroic daily's reset on 13:00 GMT but since its summer time its now on 14:00 GMT when it will reset for the EU.

and in UTC time is it that its now a +2 hour diffrend in UTC time will its normal without summer time +1 hour with the UTC time off the reset.

if the diffrend is now 2 hours in UTC time then the developers telling it also wrong on the maintence threads since if you see there its on 13:00 UTC there call it and there start always when the conquest reset and heroic daily's reset so that means there telling it then also wrong each time right?

for EU its normal that the conquest reset and heroic daily's reset on 13:00 GMT but since its summer time its now on 14:00 GMT when it will reset for the EU.

and in UTC time is it that its now a +2 hour diffrend in UTC time will its normal without summer time +1 hour with the UTC time off the reset.

if the diffrend is now 2 hours in UTC time then the developers telling it also wrong on the maintence threads since if you see there its on 13:00 UTC there call it and there start always when the conquest reset and heroic daily's reset so that means there telling it then also wrong each time right?

UTC is, apart from some pedantic fussies, equal to GMT, which is British winter time, and is equal to CET ("Central"(1) European Time) *minus* one hour. Noon GMT is noon UTC is 13h00 CET is 14h00 CEST.

(1) Spain is on CET, but it's as un-central as it is possible to be and not be swimming in the Atlantic).

• 1 month later...
Agreed. I think the cooldown should be 6 mins. That is, IIRC, the same as an unmodified Quick Travel CD.

Better than what we have currently, 60 minutes is way too long. (Sorry I was away, if people thought this was a necromancer bump - devs need to lower heroic travel timers big time, 6 minutes is fair.)

No it's not entirely compatible. If while doing a heroic you've qued for flashpoints Athiss, Mandalorian raiders, Cademimu, and Hammer Station (the mostly commonly qued flashpoint in the game), you have to finish it on the fleet to get "all" the social points. This leaves you without an easy way to resume your heroic, but a 15 minutes cd would mostly alleviate this problem. Now, you could leave the fp group after the last boss, and go back to the fleet later after the heroic, but you'll lose out on the group convo.

The second issue is if you just finished a heroic on a planet and port to your stronghold or guildship, if you try to directly port to your next heroic on that same planet , it places you unnecessarily back at the first heroic you just finished.

This ancient bug would be somewhat mitigated if the cooldown was shorter, as I could bounce back to that heroic after a shorter time passed. In practice, I "exit back to the planet" before transporting to the next heroic, but this is easy enough to loose track of sometimes and forget to do it, leaving me stuck with a Felucian hour to wait or hoof it back.

Thirdly, several non-instanced heroics have issues with too few required npcs like "Mutated" on Taris or "Hit'em where they live" on Balmorra", to name a few.

It would be quite helpful if we could move onto another mission then circle back to that mission after a shorter 15 minutes cd, instead of having to wait a whole hour.

No it's not entirely compatible. If while doing a heroic you've qued for flashpoints Athiss, Mandalorian raiders, Cademimu, and Hammer Station (the mostly commonly qued flashpoint in the game), you have to finish it on the fleet to get "all" the social points. This leaves you without an easy way to resume your heroic, but a 15 minutes cd would mostly alleviate this problem. Now, you could leave the fp group after the last boss, and go back to the fleet later after the heroic, but you'll lose out on the group convo.

Please read the other thing I wrote:

That said, thinking about this some more, I think that cooldown has outlived its usefulness.

The second issue is if you just finished a heroic on a planet and port to your stronghold or guildship, if you try to directly port to your next heroic on that same planet , it places you unnecessarily back at the first heroic you just finished.

That sounds like a bug, frankly, but one that's less likely to be fixed quickly. (Basically, it's a question of what is higher-priority: "return to Planet X" from the Exit Stronghold menu vs "go to the heroic I wanted to go to". Clearly, to us (you and me both, mind, and probably not just us), "go to the heroic" should be higher priority, but it isn't.) The reason it's unlikely to be fixed quickly is that there's an easy way to prevent it from biting you: leave the Stronghold first, in *any* mode you like.