Wires crossed between story and master mode difficulties

gintheripper

I don't know if anyone else noticed this or it may just be my imagination but it seems like a lot of the story mode quests have gotten harder recently I know my word doesn't mean much given that I can only play story mode due to nervous system issues but some of my friends have also mentioned that veteran or master modes (?whichever one is supposed to be hardest) seem to have gotten a little bit easier. So I was wondering if their might have been some missteps in assigning difficulty. It could be my imagination tough please let me know your thoughts, thanks.

• 2 months later...
I know this didn't really gain much steam back when it was posted, but I am feeling like this as well. Up until the capitol cities, Story Mode Heroics are mostly fine, and can be completed by any level. As I go into Taris/Balmorra/Nar Shaddaa Heroics, even on level 50+ characters who used to be steamrollers in these missions, I'm just getting bodied by level 21 elites. I get killed repeatedly by groups of 3 or more grays/golds, unless I use Heroic Moment. Even then, I will sometimes get deleted before I can get a couple abilities off. It doesn't even matter if they are in greens, or if they are wearing the full [Requisitioned/Tarnished/Fractured/etc sets. It's taking some getting used to. I even rechecked the setting, to make sure it's still Story Mode, and it is.

Up until the capitol cities, Story Mode Heroics are mostly fine, and can be completed by any level.

I even rechecked the setting, to make sure it's still Story Mode, and it is.

There is no Story mode for Heroics, or any difficulty modes for that matter. They only have one difficulty that is determined by its quest level and your character level shifted down via level sync.

The difficulty settings you can pick on your character portrait have no bearing on Heroics or any other content except for the instanced Story chapters of KOTFE and KOTET.

Edited by Phazonfreak

There is no Story mode for Heroics, or any difficulty modes for that matter. They only have one difficulty that is determined by its quest level and your character level shifted down via level sync.

The difficulty settings you can pick on your character portrait have no bearing on Heroics or any other content except for the instanced Story chapters of KOTFE and KOTET.

So, I think I found out what changed. I think it's Altuur and Treek. When i run with regular story companions, I am still mostly fine, unless I just grab a large group of gold/silver mobs. I did some testing last night, and died quickly to a group of 3 silvers while using Treek. Switched to Corso, and killed them all without going below 90% health.

Did something happen to Treek's healing, that might also be affecting Altuur? They just don't seem to be healing at the same level as story companions.

I did some testing last night, and died quickly to a group of 3 silvers while using Treek. Switched to Corso, and killed them all without going below 90% health.

Did something happen to Treek's healing, that might also be affecting Altuur? They just don't seem to be healing at the same level as story companions.

Could be a matter of the influence level. But then, it is not often that you face a group of 3 Elites in solo PvE unless you pull multiple mobs or are in a Heroic area all by yourself.

Could be a matter of the influence level. But then, it is not often that you face a group of 3 Elites in solo PvE unless you pull multiple mobs or are in a Heroic area all by yourself.

treek got nuked with his healing ability a while back, then they did something to the casts of healing companions, don't remember the specifics, but it reduced some of their heals a bit. Zoom is (universally thought) to be the best though, although, haven't tried the new guy as heals yet. Also, it can be easy to pull multiple mobs in kotfe, etc.

Edited by DarkTergon

Heroic area all by yourself.

It was this one, for the test.

There is also an area on Dromund Kaas (to detonate the three ships), where there are 3 golds standing together, and I kept wondering why I got deleted pretty quickly. It was probably the companion. I didn't really want to start my testing on those three, though, even though it probably would have had similar results. Or, I could have still died, but not as quickly.