What are the December events?

DukeNukemANI

With today's announcement, I'd definitely like to have a timeline on some other things:

• Life Day
  • Galactic Seasons 2
  • 10th Anniversary Commemoration
  • Legacy Unlock sale (usually on Black Friday, but didn't happen this year)
  • The next 2x XP week

I'm fine with the delay on 7.0, but I'm not spending Cartel Coins until the Legacy Unlock sale.

From this post by JackieKo: https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9986878#post9986878

(I've compiled everything into one list. Also, Bioware plans can change, none of this is set in stone.)

Updated 12/9/2021: Two more events for December, Pirate Incursion and Bounty Contract Week. See December events for more info: https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20211209

December 2021

• December 14 - December 21, 2021: Pirate Incursion event
  • December 14, 2021 to January 11, 2022: Life Day event
  • December 14, 2021 to January 14, 2022: 10-Year Anniversary event - This year it lasts all year. All existing anniversary rewards available on the vendor. New anniversary rewards added to vendor starting with 7.0. Additional ones added to vendor throughout the year (Bioware will announce when they are adding new items to the vendor).
  • December 20, 2021 to January 4, 2022: Double XP event - 2 weeks long, also double Renown, Requisition, Valor
  • December 21, 2021 to December 28, 2021: Total Galactic War (conquest) - Not an event, but only comes around a few times a year. Small guilds have a chance to win planets and get titles.
  • December 28, 2021 - January 4, 2022: Bounty Contract Week event

January 2022

• January 4, 2022 to January 11, 2022: Total Galactic War (conquest) - same as above
  • January 11, 2022 to January 18, 2022: Feast of Prosperity Week 1 - returning early (will probably return at the normal fall time in 2022 as well). Killing world bosses are good for social point farming for anyone that wants to finish social achievements before 7.0.
  • January 18, 2022 to January 25, 2022: Feast of Prosperity Week 2 - same as above
  • January 18, 2022 to January 25, 2022: Total Galactic War (conquest) - same as above
  • January 25, 2022 to February 1, 2022: Feast of Prosperity Week 3 - same as above

February 2022

• February 8, 2022: Not an event, but get 100k conquest points on your alts for end of week rewards because 7.0 patch comes out the next Tuesday.
  • February 15, 2022: Legacy of the Sith expansion, Galactic Season 2, End of Ranked PvP Season 14, and Conquest requires 100k points

No news on Collections Unlock sale. They never announce those early. It's always a last minute "By the way, 50% off this Wednesday" sort of thing.

Edited by ThanderSnB

No Dantooine Pirates? No BBA? I doubt that that is a full list of events, if it doesn't have any of the regularly recurring events on it.

Correct, it's not the full list. Hoping for the confirmation on next week's Pirate Incursion as well as what to expect on the week following December 28th.

We're already a week into December and I haven't seen any updates for events. Does anybody know what's going on this month? :confused:

Daniel hasn't been able to post the event list for the upcoming month on time in like... forever. I have asked him on this board several times, what hinders him to prepare a monthly news and post it here on time. He is (or was, haven't heard or seen him in ages, even the event posts come from Nathan now) part of the community management, is he not?

It tells you a lot about a company if posting a monthly news about known, regular events (it's just copy & paste with updating dates) on time is too difficult to achieve. It baffles me.

Edited by JattaGin

It's now December 8th and, as of my post, the 'Events' link for the official website of SWTOR still shows NOVEMBER --> https://www.swtor.com/info/in-game-events

C'mon BioWare, get it together already. I understand u guys are in scramble damage-control delay mode cuz of recent announcement & all ramifications therein, but seriously this monthly LATE routine is getting ridiculous.

How hard is it to update 1 link on a rotation? And if it is too much to ask, then why can't you just campaign EA to grant you more funding for more help more often?

The STAR WARS brand---and frankly the BioWare brand---deserves better.

Remember: it's the little things, the little supposedly "minor insignificant" details that often make the biggest difference. Certainly perception-wise.

Edited by Nee-Elder
it just makes BioWare SEEM sloppy and mis-managed, that's all. Just do better. Please.

For that matter, why isn't there always an event running? Why is it one week on one week off? When Gree ended on Tuesday, another event should have started right away.

And I'm not just saying that because I need some bounty contracts for some cosmetic gear that I'm shopping for and I'm worried it'll happen while I'm out of town and I'll end up having to wait months for it to come around again.

For that matter, why isn't there always an event running? Why is it one week on one week off? When Gree ended on Tuesday, another event should have started right away.

And I'm not just saying that because I need some bounty contracts for some cosmetic gear that I'm shopping for and I'm worried it'll happen while I'm out of town and I'll end up having to wait months for it to come around again.

There are two reasons. 1) Having events infrequent keeps players subscribed longer, more money for Bioware/EA 2) Bioware wants the primary activity to be regular endgame content with events only as a fun diversion. I'm not saying I agree with it, but that's how Bioware sees events.

And so, around 13 hours after my previous "rant" post ^^ , BioWare has finally updated the 'Events link' properly for DECEMBER: https://www.swtor.com/info/in-game-events

imho , these need to be updated on the 1st of every month, like clockwork. Not 9 days after the fact. (Typically, BioWare on average updates the link 4-7 days late....each month, like a bad habit. :confused: )

Anyways, thanks for updating it at least.

Edited by Nee-Elder
thanks BioWare for updating the events link here...but gosh surely you can see my point, no?

CRAP!! I really need some bounty contract currency for some stuff I'm interested in buying, and that event is going to run while I'm out of town! It probably won't come around again in January either; maybe not even February. CRAP!

I wish these items rotated more quickly.

Edited by joshuadyal

And so, around 13 hours after my previous "rant" post ^^ , BioWare has finally updated the 'Events link' properly for DECEMBER: https://www.swtor.com/info/in-game-events

imho , these need to be updated on the 1st of every month, like clockwork. Not 9 days after the fact. (Typically, BioWare on average updates the link 4-7 days late....each month, like a bad habit. :confused: )

Anyways, thanks for updating it at least.

Agreed, but I'm happy it's up now. I updated my post to add all the December events.