Can we get a list of all the changes for 7.0?

Blakinik

Sorry but I really don't have time to wade and sort through lord-knows-how-many posts and back and forth of "is a go / no-go / maybe we don't know / wait hold on I think we are doing it / Psych! Nope it ain't happening" posts. Can we get a definitive list of all the changes as of RIGHT NOW?

Ideally would like it sooner than later. And by sooner, not a released on Monday at 5 PM Central before you go home for the day on 12/11/2021 like you want to bury it. This is part of the problem - you wait till the last minute for any news and then you wonder why people freak out - its simple, it just looks bad. In a world where perception IS reality, you might want to give a week advance to work out the understanding of what is changing for everything. Because as it stands now, it really looks like a "poo show" where everything is disorganized and no one has a clue what will be in 7.0 until it goes live. If that is not the case, then the list should be pretty straightforward.

From what I can tell, here is what is in 7.0:

• May or may not have new gear levels which may or may not depend on whether or not you do nightmare mode whatevers.
  • There will be no moddable armor except for some moddable armor but you are not sure of what moddable armor will be moddable.
  • What is my play style and what can i pick. Will I be able to go dark on light side jedi or vice versa? Seems like yes and no and no clear answers.
  • so what are my "skills" I need to pick? what and how do they affect my abilities to play certain roles?
  • Will my "Skills" be more like 1.0 or 6.0 or some kit bash of the 2?
  • Will I still have access to my various companions from all the side quest stuff (the KOTFE / KOTET Satellite missions) or do I need to run those through in this last week to make it happen?
  • How much conquest points I need to get a guild credit for the 12th? 50k / 100k some other number?
  • What will happen with renown and all the objects around it? How are you managing the renown point boosts in the legacy tab that are a few million in credits in total?
  • So is renown dead or removed temporarily until you figure out how to make it work?
  • Is the "Rail ship" mission still going to exist or they getting removed? Thought I saw it was getting removed but figured I'd ask.
  • What is going on with crafting? Any changes now? If not now, when?
  • Probably a hundred other questions as well but I can't think of it now.

I plan on renewing my 6 month sub regardless (which happens in the next week), just want to know if I am coming to play SWTOR or some game that once was SWTOR that is called SWTOR but isn't SWTOR. Not sure if this is an ambitious change overall, or a train wreck slowing approaching and like to level set my expectations other than have a bar so low I expect to see a "sorry we shut down" banner on the launcher and anything else is an improvement.

BTW and for the record... I have played since launch and a few times I wholly expected some deathblow the game and yet been surprised how good it turned out. I am hopeful it will be the same this time and the changes were simply ill-communicated and will turn out okay. Unfortunately not getting warm fuzzies here and want some idea what is going on. Help me get those warm fuzzies :)

Edited by Blakinik

Yep, they'll tell us the day before it releases with some patch notes. Until then, no one can say for certain what is going on.

In part because even now, there are probably a few small details that will change before launch day. Even one *week* before launch, there's probably a small number of things that will change.

[*]May or may not have new gear levels which may or may not depend on whether or not you do nightmare mode whatevers.

There will definitely be new gear levels. If you don't do NiM raiding the stats may not be better than current BiS gear due to poor stat allocation.

[*]There will be no moddable armor except for some moddable armor but you are not sure of what moddable armor will be moddable.

Existing gear will continue to exist, mostly. New gear that is not from NiM ops will not be moddable at 7.0 launch. As 7.0 progresses and new gear tiers come out it's highly likely that PvP, HM Ops, and MM FP at the least will eventually yield moddable gear.

[*]so what are my "skills" I need to pick? what and how do they affect my abilities to play certain roles?

Depends on your advanced class (excuse me, combat style), and which path in it you pick. There are 12 sets, so if you're too lazy to go look at the PTS forums you'll probably have to wait till launch and look it up on Vulkk or SWTORista or something, cause I'm too lazy to spoon feed it all to you here.

[*]Will my "Skills" be more like 1.0 or 6.0 or some kit bash of the 2?

Little change from 6.0. Utilities get baked in, most classes see one or two abilities outright deleted, and there are typically 3 tiers where you have to chose ability upgrades or abilities from a selection of 5-7 existing abilities. Net effect is that overall you loose 3 to 5 abilities compared to live. Choices are somewhat more meaningful than the utility points were even though there are less of them.

[*]How much conquest points I need to get a guild credit for the 12th? 50k / 100k some other number?

You need 100k

[*]What is going on with crafting? Any changes now? If not now, when?

No changes. Vague hints that there might be some changes at some point in 7.0 Your augment mats stockpiles should retain value nicely for at least several months.

Sorry but I really don't have time to wade and sort through lord-knows-how-many posts and back and forth of "is a go / no-go / maybe we don't know / wait hold on I think we are doing it / Psych! Nope it ain't happening" posts. Can we get a definitive list of all the changes as of RIGHT NOW?

I'm going to assume you are serious and not being facetious. so here goes:

- Level cap will be raised to 80.

- There will be one "new" planet (Manaan) with story & daily area. There will be 1 story flashpoint. The new operation was delayed to 7.1.

- There is a new character creation interface and a handful of new options. Pick a story & pick a combat style. Force users get force choices, including opposite faction if the legacy has the dark/light 5 achievement. Tech users get tech choices, but not opposite faction.

- A second combat style will be available to subscribers, but not free to play or preferred. If you drop your subscription, which ever combat style you last logged off on is what is active to you as f2p. I get to confused about the force alignment restrictions to sort it out for myself let alone you :p

- Leveling quest rewards are being changed, so finish your sets now! The old styles might someday be made available on planetary vendors.

- Set bonuses will now be on relics and implants instead of armor. Ears might be added later.

- Armor will be static. The max iLevel will be increased with 7.1 along with the new op. and MM raiders will gain access to moddable gear. The rest of us will eventually get there at some point in the vague future.

- Amplifiers are being removed.

- No changes to crafting what so ever until some point in the vague future.

- Renown is gone baby gone. Don't hold your breath on any reimbursement for coins spent on renown perks.

- Tech fragments will still exist. The current gear sets will be put in Kia Zykken's random loot box for tech fragments and credits.

- There will be new legacy titles for the achievements we get for collecting current sets and tacticals. They will still be achievable in 7.0.

- Command crate armor and weapon shells will at long last be put on a vendor for tech fragments and credits.

- DvL is going away. There will be no more toggle and no more doing alignment points for doing everything. The vendor will stay put for tokens you already have. New ways to earn tokens will be added in the vague future, when they figure out how.

- Social points will no longer be granted from group conversations, world bosses or ops kills. Instead they will come from group finder rewards. Social level will now be legacy wide, but existing levels will remain for those characters that have them.

- Alliance crate armor was in collections on the PTS, but no official statement about that. I will cry if we don't get it.

- Weapons will be added to outfit designer. We didn't get to test it on the PTS, so no details.

- We will have loadout that should make switching between combat styles and advanced classes easy. We didn't get to test them on PTS, so no details.

- Personal conquest will be raised to 100k points. Credit rewards removed. New currency of gear up-grades added.

There might be adjustments on what content counts.

- Dailies and weeklies will reset every day or week respectably. No more finishing them at your leisure. Highlighted dailies and weeklies will have better rewards than the rest. No good information on this yet.

- Level sync is being adjusted. Tertiary stats will now cap. Hold on to your 306 gear, it might prove better in down-leveled content than the new gear you get due to better stat distribution.

- I have heard no rumors of playable content being removed.