So the welcome window opens once a day now?

Mubrak

As the title says seems like the welcome window opens every day now, instead of once per week

A bug or yet another fancy new UI feature?

BTW: the bug where the social bar / welcome window regularly forgets it position and moves to the upper left corner is still not fixed.

Edited by Mubrak

As the title says seems like the welcome window opens every day now, instead of once per week

BTW: the bug where the social bar / welcome window regularly forgets it position and moves to the upper left corner is still not fixed.

Social Bar with the advert "upgrade" - and as if weekly was not bad enough, now its daily...

I'm going with the tin foil hat brigade on this one, they are actively trying to piss off players and make us quit playing the game by sheer annoyance

Edited by Kaveat

This happened to me too today on four servers:

- Tulak Hord

- Leviathan

- Star Forge

- Satele Shan

It also happened twice on my second account on Darth Malgus, that account is not subbed, I haven't bothered to create toons on other servers with that account. So I'm guessing it has something to do with the subscriber login reward. I could claim all rewards on those four servers, and only one on the F2P account. So when I logged another toon on F2P account, sub rewards was still unclaimed, and it made the adbar pop again. Just guessing though.

Whatever the reason is, it doesn't make me play more, it makes me play less. :mad:

So the only time I have this happen is when there's a new reward to claim, or if a character hasn't been logged in for the week.

Same. Characters that have not logged in since the Tuesday reset will have the social menu open with they log in. Characters that have already logged in and closed the social menu will have it closed when next they log in. Characters that have logged in and previously closed the social menu will have it pop open again if they are logged in at the time of the daily reset (I have personally witnessed this behavior). I believe this was the same behavior as before, it just now happens daily due to the changing daily log in rewards.

So the only time I have this happen is when there's a new reward to claim, or if a character hasn't been logged in for the week.

read the op, then re-read what you posted - hint: its still happening daily, regardless of the reason(s)

even if it was due to unclaimed rewards, might one think they are unclaimed for a reason?

Bottom line: forcing it to pop open every damned day does not make it any more appealing, just more annoying. Go force your garbage on someone that actually wants it. Since there is no legacy to block that mails that crap to me, I'd tick an option to have them all go to a random guildie if I could...

Edited by Kaveat

read the op, then re-read what you posted - hint: its still happening daily, regardless of the reason(s)

even if it was due to unclaimed rewards, might one think they are unclaimed for a reason?

Bottom line: forcing it to pop open every damned day does not make it any more appealing, just more annoying. Go force your garbage on someone that actually wants it. Since there is no legacy to block that mails that crap to me, I'd tick an option to have them all go to a random guildie if I could...

Pro tip: It's happening daily because there are daily rewards that one may want to collect. Even if you don't, there are others that will, and, I'd be willing to bet, there's a lot more that do than that don't, based on the tremendous amount of support this thread has gotten, right?

All of this, especially the bar moving is very, very annoying. The bar even moves when you change instances now (e.g. entering an instanced heroic, class mission area or flashpoint). I'm sick of it.

This happened to me too today on four servers:

- Tulak Hord

- Leviathan

- Star Forge

- Satele Shan

It also happened twice on my second account on Darth Malgus, that account is not subbed, I haven't bothered to create toons on other servers with that account. So I'm guessing it has something to do with the subscriber login reward. I could claim all rewards on those four servers, and only one on the F2P account. So when I logged another toon on F2P account, sub rewards was still unclaimed, and it made the adbar pop again. Just guessing though.

Whatever the reason is, it doesn't make me play more, it makes me play less. :mad:

so getting free rewards daily makes you play less? like lol.

so getting free rewards daily makes you play less? like lol.

I guess you have played even less, otherwise you would know the rewards are mostly vendor trash.

Also there is huge a difference between logging in for 10 seconds to claim the daily rewards and actually playing the game - which is exactly what someone predicted would happen with the login rewards.

I guess you have played even less, otherwise you would know the rewards are mostly vendor trash.

Also there is huge a difference between logging in for 10 seconds to claim the daily rewards and actually playing the game - which is exactly what someone predicted would happen with the login rewards.

Every credit you get for free is a credit you didn't have. I'm curious though, how many players do you suppose are actually doing that? Because I have no doubt that some indeed are, I've done the same in other games where daily rewards were a thing, until I realized that those games didn't run on an actual calendar, but picked up where you left off, even if you're gone for 6 months.

That aside, there sure are an awful lot of people actually playing the game, or doing what they do anyway. Every time I've been to the Fleet, there's active dialog. Sometimes I wished there wasn't, but it is what it is. DK and Coruscant are the same. There was an interesting game of movie quotes going on on Nar Shaddaa yesterday. So there's an awful lot of people that aren't logging in for 10 seconds, and even if there's a lot, so what?

that it happens once a week sure no problem with it.

but now after the update its going to happing each day is what going to far more and its more anoying if you are bussy in a fight or are bussy crafting and you get the window in your way also.

are this type off chance really hard needed or is it more from lets give the communety more reasons to hate us will doing stupid things like this.

that it happens once a week sure no problem with it.

but now after the update its going to happing each day is what going to far more and its more anoying if you are bussy in a fight or are bussy crafting and you get the window in your way also.

are this type off chance really hard needed or is it more from lets give the communety more reasons to hate us will doing stupid things like this.

Each Day, on Each char.....

Agreed... I'm certain that there is more involved than just an "if / then " line to change ... but hopefully back to the "weekly".

Yes, definitely... what little I know of how coding works makes me glad I dropped software engineering... one wrong line and who knows, the welcome window may open every minute:rak_04:

• 9 months later...

since 7.0 has been delay by 2 month's is it maybe good that the developers also going to chance this welcome window that opens each day chance it back to each week again.

since this is getting more anoying more since each time i am in a fight with my char and my luck is bad that its close to 12 (GMT) and then the welcome windows opens when i was trying to use a skill or was bussy with fighting the enemy on the same place where the welcome window opens come's.

so in the delay of 2 month's with the next expension is it a good thing to chance this also since there is now much time to do it.

• 1 year later...

after 2 years when there have chance the welcome window open now to each day is it still one of the most anoying things there have done to see each day when the daily reset is happing that the welcome windows open each time.

so please chance it back to once a week since its still anoying after 2 years.

• Like 2

I have an idea. How about just letting people open the welcome window if they want to open it?

Personally, I've never seen any point to having it pop open automatically, either the first time you log into a legacy each day or the first time you log into a character each week.

What I would like is to close the window and have it stay closed until I decide to open it again. If I don't open it, then it probably means I'm not interested in seeing it.

I really wish it was only once a day... Unfortunately for me that stupid thing pops open every time i log in on any character. Doesn't matter if it's the first login of the day or the 17th. Is there a setting somewhere i'm missing or is it bugged somehow? Or is it like this for others as well?

Happens on all my accounts though.

5 minutes ago, Rujopetteri said:

I really wish it was only once a day... Unfortunately for me that stupid thing pops open every time i log in on any character. Doesn't matter if it's the first login of the day or the 17th. Is there a setting somewhere i'm missing or is it bugged somehow? Or is it like this for others as well?

Happens on all my accounts though.

first it was always each week it pops open after the weekly reset.

now since i think it was after 6.0 there have chance it to each day.

that means each day it pops open without any option to chance it.

so for some reason there think it was something good there have done to chance it from each week to each day to automatic pops open.

but the communety was not happy about it since it was has become the most anoying chance there have done and still not have chance back like it was before to each week.

• Like 1

I know it used to be once a week.

But if I understood people in this thread correctly it now pops once a day for others.

For me it pops the welcome window every single time i log in. Doesn't matter if it's the first or 13th time on one character, or if its 5 times on seven different characters. It happens on all my accounts too.

Every time i log in, it pops the welcome window open for me and that is super annoying tbh. It's especially annoying when you farm crafting mats and cycle through a gazillion alts for crew skill mission farming.

• Like 1