7.0 Delay reactions amuse me

Zergnaut

Ok... I guess the 1st time I made this post I did not get the point I was trying to make across clearly at all. I made some comments and jokes that were misunderstood and taken out of context. I deleted it and I am rewording my OP to make my main focus point more clear.

Before I start I will say the fact that bioware gave as little as 7 days notice they were delaying an expansion that everyone who played the PTS knew wasnt ready was wrong. If you are mad at that? You are right to be so and you are not the ones who "amused me".

The folks who amused me are the folks who subed to play the expansion and they subed early and then blow up online demanding a refund. Buying the sub early when there is literally no benefit to doing so is foolish. It actually puts you at a disadvantage because it shortens your time of premium features while playing 7.0. There was literally no reason to sub early.

That is how my bother plays this game. He subs for the expansions then doesn't stick around longer after that first 1-2months. Due to this and to maximize his time he was waiting to sub until launch day. This is why the news of the delay literally made him say "mech delays happen. I guess I will sub in Feb".

The folks who did this and their overreacting blowup on the forums are the folks who have amused me. They refuse to admit that they made an unwise decision and continue to be mad at other for it. They are the group who have amused me.

I am sorry I didnt not communicate that better.

The mature understand and accept it. The immature stomp and pout.

This also

Edited by Zergnaut

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reactions to the 7.0 delay amuse me and here is why...

Option 1: 7.0 releases on time with many bugs right before holidays with no one around to fix them. Players Outraged and screaming you knew xmas break was coming up how could you release a buggy xpax with no one around till mid Jan to fix the bugs!

Option 2: They hold off and release in Feb with less bug but devs will be around to fix them Players Outraged screaming how could you delay this! I want my money back!

Its like a fight with the wife. There is no winning.

Unless, you don't have a wife :rak_03:

But of course i agree. Especially seeing all those comments "refund!" "Mo money back!" etc.

Subscription is a subscription, you get ALL the game features when you subscribe, so sit down and enjoy! That's what you agreed to!

Besides, even if someone is sooo concerned about their pocket, why not subscribe at the moment when new things are released? The activation is instant, once the card has been approved, so what is the point of all this?

Yes and no.

I am actually concerned that the delay was only announced a week before the planned launch. This speaks of poor planing because a delay requiring two months (even considering a week of holidays) should not be a last minute surprise to the developers and communicated to the players as early as possible.

However the negativity on this forum is as bad as the one in the story section of WoW.

I know the answer to that one. They hoped, quite probably against all the evidence, that they would make the release date. They finally had to acknowledge that they can't make it without really pissing off their player base, so they decide to announce a delay, even though it is more or less at the last minute.

I've seen this multiple times in projects before, because once you committed to a delivery date, it is bloody embarrassing to have to step back from it. So you push in the hope you can make it, even though there is absolutely no chance that you do. And if you think that people will learn from those experiences, think again.

Unless, you don't have a wife :rak_03:

But of course i agree. Especially seeing all those comments "refund!" "Mo money back!" etc.

Subscription is a subscription, you get ALL the game features when you subscribe, so sit down and enjoy! That's what you agreed to!

Besides, even if someone is sooo concerned about their pocket, why not subscribe at the moment when new things are released? The activation is instant, once the card has been approved, so what is the point of all this?

Many people subscribed because they hyped expansion and said it will be free for subs. Personally i subbed because of galactic seasons rewards, without those i do not feel like i am getting my moneys worth. A possible fix for me personally would be restarting season 1 while we wait for expansion and let us earn those rewards again. As it is i do not feel like i get my moneys worth.

Option 1: 7.0 releases on time with many bugs right before holidays with no one around to fix them. Players Outraged and screaming you knew xmas break was coming up how could you release a buggy xpax with no one around till mid Jan to fix the bugs!

Option 2: They hold off and release in Feb with less bug but devs will be around to fix them Players Outraged screaming how could you delay this.

both options are still going to happing only there delay it for 2 month's.

so far each expension there have release in the past you get always a lot off bugs and most time's the new stuff has the bugs.

so by delaying it by 2 month is notting going to chance since when there release it now in 15 Feb next year the same day a lot off people going to report problems and bugs that you cant find on the PTS since it has been created by the expension that has become live on the main servers.

Many people subscribed because they hyped expansion and said it will be free for subs.

Those people need to understand they are buying a subscription not the expansion. If they sold the expansion and people bout it? I would 100% agree with you however buying a subscription and and expansion are two differant things. They bought a subscription. They got a subscription

Edited by Zergnaut

December subscribers were suppoused to get an expansion, as announced very recently by Bioware. So yeah

No they were wanting that, thats not what they bought. It was expected yes I agree with you. But thats NOT what they were paying for. They were paying for a subscription. They got it. If you really wanted to treat it as "buying an expansion" then they should have waited till launch day to do so. No one to blame but them selves

I play this game activly. My brother does not. He does the story content and dips every single time. Thats why he was waiting to launch day to buy a sub because it would give him the most for his money. By the end of 30 days he will have done all he wanted. Buying a sub early just for the xpax is kind of stupid. Why would you want to limit your time in the xpax? Wait till launch day so you get a full 30 days in 7.0.

Edited by Zergnaut

I resubscribed just to have something for the holydaysto play with my brother

Announcing this 5 days before release is absolut scam.

And no i do not want play the same 2 year old content for my holydays.

But this is what Bioware has become. I am only missing content announcement for Anthem.

But this is what Bioware has become. I am only missing content announcement for Anthem.

I will repeat what I said above.

Buying a sub early just for the xpax is kind of stupid. Why would you want to limit your time in the xpax? Wait till launch day so you get a full 30 days in 7.0. This is pretty much all on you my friend. You gain nothing by subing early. You actually lose things by doing so. Game time.

It makes absolutely zero sense to subscribe early. You are trying to justify a silly decision that cant be justified.

Edited by Zergnaut

you forget something in your laughter.

we are not talking about a new game.

we are not talking about the first dlc.

we are even not talking about the first dlc with changed core mechanics.

we are talking about a game, released OVER 10 years ago, with multiple core changes of the game,

with tons of updates.

we are talking about a delay, announced 13 work days after the release date announcement.

we are talking about a delay, 4 work days before the release.

the torches and pitchforks are not raised because of the delay,

but because of the poor communication and because the people know,

that even if game development is not a straight production line, that if you

are announcing an release date in 4 weeks and cancel that a week before,

that they had to know it before the livestream was online, that it is a date

you can't guarantee a release.

and it is totally understandable that they feel ripped off.

a team doing it with over 10 years experience not knowing this? come on.

personally i don't really care about it. my sub is still running until 2023,

and i like that we could play a bit longer with the actual built,

but the communication, no matter how much sugar you have for

sugar coating this action, is just an insolence towards the customers

and therefore they are doing good to compensate the players who

subbed for the expansion. it only should be a question about the how,

not the if. for example they could unlock the expension to all who are subbed

from 12/14/21 to the actual release, no matter when it will be released.

People upset not because of the delay itself.

People upset because Bioware pretended nothing was wrong, despite PTS people have been voicing their concerns for months, then announced the delay 7 days before the declared lunch day.

Imagine telling your wife that "Hey honey, remember the 10th year anniversary gift I promised you? The big trip to Hawaii scheduled next week? The one that you are so looking forward to and already booked the hotels? Sorry babe, but I have to delay it for 2 months because I forgot to book the plane tickets even though you told me to book them many times for the last 3 months." and you dare to call her hysterical for being mad lol

you forget something in your laughter.

the torches and pitchforks are not raised because of the delay,

but because of the poor communication

released.

My point here is subscribing before the expansion launches is a silly idea and not bright at all. I fully agree with you that this was communicated very poorly and a lot of people feel like they had the rug pulled out from under them but there is no reason to subscribe before the expansion actually goes live.

None. It makes much more sense to subscribe the day the expansion goes live because then you have a full 30 days to enjoy it with premium features. But instead you're going to subscribe early and shorten that time? That is just silly and not very bright to do and that has been my point all along.

So yes I have always found it kind of amusing when people make silly choices then try and justify them when they really can't be justified because it was a silly choice to begin with

Edited by Zergnaut

No they were wanting that, thats not what they bought. It was expected yes I agree with you. But thats NOT what they were paying for. They were paying for a subscription. They got it. If you really wanted to treat it as "buying an expansion" then they should have waited till launch day to do so. No one to blame but them selves

I play this game activly. My brother does not. He does the story content and dips every single time. Thats why he was waiting to launch day to buy a sub because it would give him the most for his money. By the end of 30 days he will have done all he wanted. Buying a sub early just for the xpax is kind of stupid. Why would you want to limit your time in the xpax? Wait till launch day so you get a full 30 days in 7.0.

Announcing a delay 7 days before release is kind of stupid, not buying a subscription after Bioware devs themselves announced the release date just 2 weeks earlier. It's not common or reasonable even within game industey standards. Especially since they knew dam well for weeks they weren't making it on time. They waited last minute on purpouse to trick as many people to sub as possible Edited by Pietrastor

What's even more stupid is buying a subscription 7 days before the expansion goes live and shortening your time of Premium features in that expansion by doing so. You literally lose Nothing by waiting to subscribe until the expansion goes live.

You also gain Nothing by subscribing early you only lose things. This has been my point and I don't know why so many of you are missing the point.

I'm simply explaining the reality of the situation that subscribing early is a silly decision stop lying to yourselves and trying to justify it can't be justified.

Was it also wrong of the company to announce the delay only seven days prior? Yes absolutely. No one is disputing that what I am disputing is the validity of subscribing early

Edited by Zergnaut

I will repeat what I said above.

Buying a sub early just for the xpax is kind of stupid. Why would you want to limit your time in the xpax? Wait till launch day so you get a full 30 days in 7.0. This is pretty much all on you my friend. You gain nothing by subing early. You actually lose things by doing so. Game time.

It makes absolutely zero sense to subscribe early. You are trying to justify a silly decision that cant be justified.

Repeating the same thing does make your view more corect. They advertised it and they knew better.

I Subbed because i prepared my chars, cleaning inventory getting used to the game again , beeing ready for sth that was promised to start in less than a week. If they announced half a year ago and cancelt 2 Weeks ago. I would be on your side.

I do not want my money back , but you telling me what to feel about this, is ignorand.

Edited by Fainn

Repeating the same thing does make your view more corect. They advertised it and they knew better.

I Subbed because i prepared my chars, cleaning inventory getting used to the game again , beeing ready for sth that was promised to start in less than a week. If they announced half a year ago and cancelt 2 Weeks ago. I would be on your side.

I do not want my money back , but you telling me what to feel about this, is ignorand.

Exactly. Preparing characters/inventories/unfinished content&missions for expansions is big part of MMOs. Bioware knew that very well

I think people are upset about the delay being so close to launch rather there being a delay at all. Pretty sure BW did this on purpose to boost sub numbers then give the bad news. Delays are a good thing but not if its announced a week before the expansion launches that's just slimy in all sense of the word.

Option 2: They hold off and release in Feb with less bug but devs will be around to fix them Players Outraged screaming how could you delay this! I want my money back!

Its like a fight with the wife. There is no winning.

the funny thing is the most recent dev tracker post made it really seem like the bugs they are going to be fixing are not the issues that people want them to actually fix indeed when you read it kinda really comes across as something they could have patched after the expansion for a fix but due to the holidays and wanting to probably spend time with their families they just decided to delay it 2 extra months. and when you really look at it they are probably only going to spend 3 weeks technically on it if that much probably 2 in all reality. because of holiday vacations putting it mid jan before they really get back to work on it so really the delay is not going to accomplish anything. not that i have a problem with the delay actually just with people actually thinking it is actually going to change anything in what we are actually going to get is kinda laughable to be honest. If you all really wanted a delay june or october would have made more sense that would have actually gave them enough time to take care of issues but not like it is really going to fix the issues you all had issues with it.

I think people are upset about the delay being so close to launch rather there being a delay at all. Pretty sure BW did this on purpose to boost sub numbers then give the bad news. Delays are a good thing but not if its announced a week before the expansion launches that's just slimy in all sense of the word.

delays are only a good thing if they actually fix things consider they are probably going to get spend about 2-3 weeks of that delay actually on fixing the bugs because of the holidays and wanting to spend time with their families they are seriously not going to change much if anything at all this more so they do not have to deal with patch or maintenances during the holidays than anything that would seriously take away time from their families

get a grip it happens with all gaming companies they are either forced rushed into a release they were ill prepared or they release something that is not finished in delays either way things are not going to be finished. all the big gaming companies have done shady things so to think any 1 gaming company is above this is laughable. I honestly think they wanted this week as release more to be honest because to have it out before the holidays. so they could do patches and maintenances without taking time away from their families for the holidays. at the end of the day the only thing that is really going to change with the delay is delay itself. there probably will be as many fixes as people think and we will still get the same release that was planned for next tuesday.