Expansion delayed due to......

PackfanKen

I think the Devs may have listened to the community. The new gearing system was going to be a disaster. hiding the best gear behind ops is a terrible idea.

What I'd like to see for gearing: Everything is craftable, without the ridiculous need for uber rare resources that you get in OPS. There has to be a sweet spot for the gear components needed that you can get through game play. Rare components = ridiculously high prices on the GTN. Common components = too easy. Make our crafters viable again. As far as Renown goes, have cartel coins and the resources needed to craft in the mix.

Just my $.02

We don't know that is the reason. There are many possible reason's. Loadouts hadn't been tested, maybe they're changing class balancing, UI changes weren't ready.

Just assuming it was because of the gearing could very well be incorrect. Since they'll probably only be working for 3-4 weeks due to the Holiday break they take every year, I wouldn't expect massive changes from what was last on the PTS.

what to actually have the gearing system back in the game that was originally in this game? kinda made the work for gear and contributions actually worth progressing in yea that is not going to happen. People did not like Command or Renown which is basically the same system just revamped. Nor did they really care for the Onslaught because there was nothing to actually keep the player base intent and focused on doing for the full length of the expansion. the gearing system is going to be reverted back to before kotet.

This is mostly probably more due to family vacation of the employees and disney cracking the whip because of not allowing multiple star wars content being released in the same month. book of boba fett releases Dec 30th which knocks out both december and january for a potential release. looking at them probably being off this week or next until around jan 15th which leaves them 3 weeks of work to do which is not enough time to do anything really when you look at it.

they may put weapons in outfitter and loadouts on pts but i see that being the limit of the amount of work they are going to do.

I think the Devs may have listened to the community. The new gearing system was going to be a disaster. hiding the best gear behind ops is a terrible idea.

I would not make that assumption. While the delay looks large, it's really not when you consider the things that were still WIP on the PTS that had nothing to do with the itemization changes.

Wait for the FAQ, which should provide more context.

Everybody: Drop the conjecture, drop the crap, hop onto PTS now that it's been announced it will be made available again, cease with the hyperventilating, and just play the freaking game.

You've two whole months now to come down from the high melodrama and pearl-clutching and just play.

what to actually have the gearing system back in the game that was originally in this game? kinda made the work for gear and contributions actually worth progressing in yea that is not going to happen. People did not like Command or Renown which is basically the same system just revamped. Nor did they really care for the Onslaught because there was nothing to actually keep the player base intent and focused on doing for the full length of the expansion. the gearing system is going to be reverted back to before kotet.

This is mostly probably more due to family vacation of the employees and disney cracking the whip because of not allowing multiple star wars content being released in the same month. book of boba fett releases Dec 30th which knocks out both december and january for a potential release. looking at them probably being off this week or next until around jan 15th which leaves them 3 weeks of work to do which is not enough time to do anything really when you look at it.

they may put weapons in outfitter and loadouts on pts but i see that being the limit of the amount of work they are going to do.

I second this notion, i don't like 6.0 gearing at all and would like to get back to proper progression system.

Everybody: Drop the conjecture, drop the crap, hop onto PTS now that it's been announced it will be made available again, cease with the hyperventilating, and just play the freaking game.

You've two whole months now to come down from the high melodrama and pearl-clutching and just play.

yes go on pts and complain about everything bad so that we get a functioning game

I would try the PTS but sadly my account doesn't show the pts transfer and the download just sticks at 0% good luck everyone else. I think I broke it many years ago when i tried it before and deleted the files to free up space.

If you play on Steam just clear the download queue under preferences.

It isnt improbable that they realized there's issues with the gearing system and decided to take some more time to figure out something that works for more people instead of just treatings OPS players as special.

There were also many questions and problems that arose with the new gearing system and with the removal of renown, leading to a lot of old world activities becoming useless because they no longer provided an endgame reward.

But there were clearly things that were too early in development as well

-Loadouts

-Weapon outfitter

-Starting stories as opposite faction combat class and class trainer issues as well as possible bugs later in the story

I definitely hope that they are taking a look at the rewards of casual and old content, because the feeling of wasting your time because the loot you got is trash and you cant even scrap it for currency is terrible, maybe they could create a gear vendor and make upgrade currency useable for it as well etc

Edited by ralphieceaser

If you play on Steam just clear the download queue under preferences.

Unfortunately i don't use steam for swtor. But the pts transfer on my account is not there which is what i really was going for to use the pts. Must have messed it up from the last time I was on pts. I'll just wait like a good little jedi :D

Edited by ronin_chi_lao

What I'd like to see for gearing: Everything is craftable, without the ridiculous need for uber rare resources that you get in OPS. There has to be a sweet spot for the gear components needed that you can get through game play. Rare components = ridiculously high prices on the GTN. Common components = too easy. Make our crafters viable again. As far as Renown goes, have cartel coins and the resources needed to craft in the mix.

Just my $.02

Nothing in this statement indicates a change in design direction.

We have made the difficult decision to delay the release of Legacy of the Sith to February 15, 2022.

Like many of you reading this, I personally cannot wait for the launch of our next expansion. I've greatly enjoyed my time exploring the depths of Manaan, testing out new story and ability combinations with Combat Styles, and more during internal playtests.

Legacy of the Sith is something the team has been hard at work on for quite a while but as we get ever closer to launch, it is clear that we need a bit more time. We’re focusing additional testing on the many areas we have changed throughout the game to deliver the experience we want, and one that you deserve.

In addition, during our public test server (PTS) your feedback was invaluable in helping us to shape this expansion. Outside of story content (to avoid spoilers) the majority of the expansion and its features will be returning to the PTS for all subscribers this week.

We're thrilled to celebrate the tenth anniversary of Star Wars: The Old Republic with all of you over the next year with Legacy of the Sith and more!

Thank you,

Keith Kanneg

Project Director

This delay was in order to secure a smoother launch, nothing more.

That’s a massive guess. Nothing in what they’ve said points to your conclusion.

Of course I hope they have been listening and that is part of it. But I wouldn’t get your hopes up or you will be setting yourself up for major disappointment.

Even what they put on the PTS this week might not be representative of what happens in February. Especially if they do decide to change up the gear system again because I don’t think they would have had time to adjust that yet.

The real info will come next year in mid Jan. If they add one last PTS build in January, we’ll have a better idea. If they don’t, we’ll have to assume no changes to the gear system unless they tell us.

Keep your expectations really low and then you won’t be as mad when you realise they’d changed nothing from now. And if they do change it for the better, we will all be pleasantly surprised.

Even what they put on the PTS this week might not be representative of what happens in February. Especially if they do decide to change up the gear system again because I don’t think they would have had time to adjust that yet.

Yeah I am feeling the fact that it is a literally 2 month delay they are trying to change or recreate something important, gearing system could be a possibility since they would have to reimagine how it would work, adjust loot rates, add or edit currencies, possibly gear and upgrade vendors etc.

I dont imagine they decided on a 2 month delay just for the weapon outfitter and loadouts system, something else must need that long amount of time to be fixed.

That’s a massive guess. Nothing in what they’ve said points to your conclusion.

Of course I hope they have been listening and that is part of it. But I wouldn’t get your hopes up or you will be setting yourself up for major disappointment.

In the Announcement, they did say, "In addition, during our public test server (PTS) your feedback was invaluable in helping us to shape this expansion."

Still we've really seen little if any of them adapting, or perhaps revising anything at least as of yet. Maybe that will reveal in the next 4-5 weeks of PTS testing we might see? I hope so!

♦ Would love to see a few Combat Proficiency, made into Passive bonus depending on Discipline for a Class.

♦ Also love if they revised the 3 former abilities into 2, not 1.

Discipline One: Ability A1 & A3

Discipline Two: Ability A2 & A3

Discipline Three: Ability A1 & A2

♦ Revise VET / MASTER Weekly Flashpoints / Operations to focus on 75-80 Content.

--While the 75 Content would drop 75 Level Gear, it allow at least 1 Gear Crate per Weekly for Higher Item Level.

--That be at most 4, yet just with Renown (Previously) we'd get 10, 15, 20 or more depending on Level.

--No Renown a massive reduction, with only Limited 80 Content (Flashpoints/Operations) for 6-12 months.

Hope in the next 4-5 weeks, and perhaps the month before it Launches they FOCUS on more Good News storys!

I am hoping there plan to address the “technical issues” they had with allowing preexisting characters to change their advanced class when the update goes live.

That was huge let down

I got the impression from the comments, that they intended to allow for this, but ran into technical issues.

That would be my hope, I just want to make my commando a mercenary. That was the most exciting part of this update.

This is just day dreaming though, I have no clue or expectation on why we are actually waiting.

Nevertheless, I dont mind the wait

Edited by kirorx

I am hoping there plan to address the “technical issues” they had with allowing preexisting characters to change their advanced class when the update goes live.

My hope as well, but I'm not going to rage quit if I don't get my way.

Unlike some cyclical rage-quitters here on the forums, I've far too much of a direct investment not only in the game, but obligations as a guild leader to my guild.

As a guild leader, it'd be extremely egregious and selfish of me to let my people down by constantly shaking things up by dropping my subscription in some blithe means of protest. Guilds headed by non-subscribers experience game-based restrictions, and that's not fair to my members. Equally unfair to my members would be constantly asking one of my subbed officers to take my place whenever I'm feeling pissy about game design changes. Stability in a guild's leadership is just as much of a point of attractiveness and a reason why people stay in guilds as any other.

I wasn't happy when I lost my 6-second lightning storm with its snare.

I wasn't happy when my consular healer suddenly had less power to heal coupled with higher power requirements to do so.

I wasn't happy when I saw, yet again, a storyline re-tread bringing on a supposedly dead dude (Vitiate, Malgus) rather than a new villain.

I wasn't happy to hear that my lazy gearing in 6.0 would be going away and I'll be siloed into specific content to progress gear.

But never, I never quit over it. Not even threaten to.

And I won't.

Edited by xordevoreaux

As I said in the official thread, one would hope. I can get used to a number of changes even if they pretty much destroy the motivation to do effected activity. (No reason to do the on-rails space shooter or to pop by the Rak/Gree event anymore. All-Worlds Rally will probably also be dumped.) but the two worst changes are:

Gearing system: There's a reason that Adaptive gear was introduced with 1.3. Effectively going back to the non-moddable gear system of pre-1.3 is a terrible idea.

Effectively getting rid of weeklies: This is the type of move that's going to backfire. I'm going to continue to play the game at my own pace and, if that means I never touch GSF again because I don't want to spend all my play time getting to 10, so be it. I rarely play it anymore as it is. Still, alienating EVERYONE from the harder/longer weeklies is not going to make pop. go up.

A smoother launch would be a delay of a few weeks. A 2 month delay screams partial redesign.

Your forgetting they have a 1 month Holiday break in that 2 month window. Your only really getting 3-4 weeks delay after they enjoy that holiday break.