Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Valor Extension to 110?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Valor Extension to 110?

TrixxieTriss
10.04.2021 , 12:07 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by CheesyEZ View Post
hi. welcome to swtor. in fact, hi. welcome to mmorpgs. 90% of the titles and achievements in the game have no relationship to player skill or preparedness. he's asking for something that's right up BW's alley: a mindless grind that hurts no one if they do it and rewards easily "developed" cosmetic rewards (a title and a flair? oh my!).
If itís just for the title then thatís a different scenario to what I was suggesting.
Do you want to be a better objective pvper?
Click here for a ďHow to PvP GuideĒ

Sounders_Fan
10.04.2021 , 01:47 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Nickodemous View Post
I still have no idea why the cap has not been raised in the past 10 years. As you said, it is a mindless grind. BUT....I just would like the opportunity to work for something on the toons I already have capped. It that simple.
Valor rank started off as a requirement for the PVP gear. want that battlemaster gear, you needed Battlemaster rank. was war hero the last set of gear with that requirement? it became a barrier for entry into PVP. glad that requirement went away.

when that requirement was removed, I think so was any dev team interest in valor. to answer your question, I think valor has been left unchanged for so long is just another symptom of the over all lack of interest in PVP by the dev team.

CheesyEZ
10.04.2021 , 05:41 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
If itís just for the title then thatís a different scenario to what I was suggesting.
i must be missing something. where in this thread was something else even suggested? not in the OP. I only skimmed the replies. all I see is the same guy consistently saying "yeah. it's meaningless/harmless. just give me the rank and the title."

TrixxieTriss
10.04.2021 , 08:23 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by CheesyEZ View Post
i must be missing something. where in this thread was something else even suggested? not in the OP. I only skimmed the replies. all I see is the same guy consistently saying "yeah. it's meaningless/harmless. just give me the rank and the title."
No, you didnít miss anything. I think I was the one that skimmed the thread and wrongly assumed the thread was to do with ranked gating.

Nickodemous
10.05.2021 , 04:55 AM | #25
I have come to the realization that I have gotten too old for ranked. I turn 50 next month and, although I do still enjoy pvp, I do not have the time nor the desire to participate in that venue anymore. I have been pvping for 22 yrs now in some form or fashion and am more interested in taking the casual approach now. When I had to start wearing readers to play....because you cannot read the screen...it time for some self evaluation....lol!

I just thought the devs were rather creative with GS. It encouraged people to play and branch out into new realms that were not normally explored. As for myself, I will use GSF as an example. I would not give it the time of day before GS but I find myself queuing for it more now than regs.

A restructuring of an existing dead system - Valor - similar to that of GS could incent more participation. It could be as simple as a Valor vendor that unlocks various items based on level. Why not lift the cap to 110 and reward people for playing? It certainly can't hurt.
Tyranticus - Ty'zor - Maullin - Clandestu - Pepe'nero

The Elite Warlord Club - The PVP FAB FIVE

TrixxieTriss
10.05.2021 , 11:31 PM | #26
I have come to the realization that I have gotten too old for ranked. I turn 50 next month and, although I do still enjoy pvp, I do not have the time nor the desire to participate in that venue anymore. I have been pvping for 22 yrs now in some form or fashion and am more interested in taking the casual approach now. When I had to start wearing readers to play....because you cannot read the screen...it time for some self evaluation....lol!

I just thought the devs were rather creative with GS. It encouraged people to play and branch out into new realms that were not normally explored. As for myself, I will use GSF as an example. I would not give it the time of day before GS but I find myself queuing for it more now than regs.

A restructuring of an existing dead system - Valor - similar to that of GS could incent more participation. It could be as simple as a Valor vendor that unlocks various items based on level. Why not lift the cap to 110 and reward people for playing? It certainly can't hurt.
Iím in a similar situation as is my wife. Iím all for new incentives or just improvements on the ones we have now to encourage people to play group content and actually play it better.

Sadly, I donít think Bioware care about the second part of learning to play better. They only care about numbers in the queue, which is why Iíve mostly stopped reg pvping too because the quality has degraded so much.

There are so many small things Bioware could do to old systems already in the game that could improve participation and improve the quality of play. Iím glad there are still people like yourself with enough hope to offer suggestions to Bioware. Letís just hope Bioware are also reading and listening to you, I know they stopped listening to most of us years ago.

Nickodemous
10.14.2021 , 04:45 AM | #27
I do believe they listen. For instance, I made a post on gen chat about the squids not being able to show dark side corruption...it was fixed in the next patch. I also understand that they have a plan and that changing that plan has to be carefully considered. All we can do is ask. I honestly donít believe, what has been requested here, would require sweeping changes though to that plan. It would be nice if valor could be amended into something significant for pvpíers but, if not, it certainly would not be a SWTOR deal breaker for me.

TrixxieTriss
10.14.2021 , 12:55 PM | #28
I do believe they listen. For instance, I made a post on gen chat about the squids not being able to show dark side corruption...it was fixed in the next patch. I also understand that they have a plan and that changing that plan has to be carefully considered. All we can do is ask. I honestly donít believe, what has been requested here, would require sweeping changes though to that plan. It would be nice if valor could be amended into something significant for pvpíers but, if not, it certainly would not be a SWTOR deal breaker for me.
Actually it only took them 2+ years to act on that because others had said the same thing when they released that race (you just happened to preempt their patch with your request).
Also when it comes to pvp they either ignore us, donít listen or misunderstand the feedback so much that when they do implement something itís incorrectly done.
Iíve given up on BioWare ever doing whatís best for pvp. I think the 7.0 changes will be a absolute s**t show because they arenít listening to much of the pts feedback and will put the last nail in the coffin.
Iíve stopped testing cause itís pointless. Itís obvious they donít understand their own game of the different players.
Sadly, I think Iíll be unsubbing come January as will a lot of pvpers whoíve had enough of BioWares rubbish. Iím hanging on by a thread to see what they do and praying they donít ruin the game.

Nickodemous
Yesterday , 08:18 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Actually it only took them 2+ years to act on that because others had said the same thing when they released that race (you just happened to preempt their patch with your request).
Also when it comes to pvp they either ignore us, donít listen or misunderstand the feedback so much that when they do implement something itís incorrectly done.
Iíve given up on BioWare ever doing whatís best for pvp. I think the 7.0 changes will be a absolute s**t show because they arenít listening to much of the pts feedback and will put the last nail in the coffin.
Iíve stopped testing cause itís pointless. Itís obvious they donít understand their own game of the different players.
Sadly, I think Iíll be unsubbing come January as will a lot of pvpers whoíve had enough of BioWares rubbish. Iím hanging on by a thread to see what they do and praying they donít ruin the game.
I am sorry to hear this Trixxie! You, like myself, are very passionate about SWTOR pvp and I have always admired that about you! If you do end up unsubbing, the community would certainly miss your insight.

Although I have not participated in the PTS, I have been following the various threads in regards to it. I have not established an opinion as of yet and have taken a wait and see stance about it.

As far as pvp, as I have said before, all we can do is ask and hope our requests do not fall upon def ears. I honestly donít believe that though and think that they have been looking into everyoneís suggestions. As far as my valor suggestions, just thought it would be cool if a dead system could be brought back to life to create some excitement and provide some rewards for those who participate on a regular basis.

Keep your chin up!!! We will se what happens!

TrixxieTriss
Yesterday , 10:59 AM | #30
I am sorry to hear this Trixxie! You, like myself, are very passionate about SWTOR pvp and I have always admired that about you! If you do end up unsubbing, the community would certainly miss your insight.

Although I have not participated in the PTS, I have been following the various threads in regards to it. I have not established an opinion as of yet and have taken a wait and see stance about it.

As far as pvp, as I have said before, all we can do is ask and hope our requests do not fall upon def ears. I honestly donít believe that though and think that they have been looking into everyoneís suggestions. As far as my valor suggestions, just thought it would be cool if a dead system could be brought back to life to create some excitement and provide some rewards for those who participate on a regular basis.

Keep your chin up!!! We will se what happens!
I hope Iím wrong, I really do. But when we tested 6.0 they didnít listen and went ahead with poor choices and bugs that weíd pointed out months in advance on the pts.
And as per usual they released just before Christmas with changes people hated and full of bugs then went on holidays. The game got a small bump in players for 2 weeks and then we lost more players than the bump provided.
By the time they got back to work and started to fix stuff, we had less players than we had before 6.0 landed.
I fear the same thing is going to happen again in 7.0, but itís going to be more dramatic with significant player loss this time.