Groupfinder Lockout for being kicked

BaronV

So... I know this topic has been raised before, but it bears repeating again since its still happening. Why are people being penalised for getting kicked from a groupfinder group? Its hardly fair is it?

The lockout is for punishing people who drop out of a GF group, not people who get kicked!

Got into GF just now only to be told that they only wanted their guildies to join and was promptly kicked... :(

Sometimes people get kicked because the other members in their group are a-holes, or a guildie wants to join their run, or they DC - there are a myriad of reasons why this is a horrible idea. If you get matched with the same terrible player again and again, just ignore them and move on - don't punish everyone because your PUGs are bad. All PUGs are bad, that's kind of the point.

Maybe a solution would be to add a reason to the kick.

If a person wants to kick you he must have a reason so let him select it fro ma drop down menu (no communication, bad gear, under level, want a friend to join, etc) some of these will result in a lockout (no communication for example).

Something like "want a friend/guild to join" will result in the person being kicked to be put on the top of queue. Still being kicked for that reason should never happen, that is what group queue is in place for but if it happens at least the player would be treated more fairly.

Anyone agree with this or?

The reason is obviously because most people are kicked for being terrible. Even people kicked within the 1st minute are usually kicked for gear below the required level. So yes, the default should be a punishment timer.

all the kicks i got was by the abuse of the rest of the group. pls stop with the nonsence. there are many instances when people are being kicked so, pathetic as it will sound, massassi piece or materials will go to the 2 or 3 guys from one guild who get to be a majority in voting.

No, because the guys who are a-holes will choose a punitive reason for kick.

sounds legit.

Just dont lockout people who are kicked. I have kicked plenty of people from groups, but no matter what they didnt chose to leave the group - they were forcibly removed.

So... I know this topic has been raised before, but it bears repeating again since its still happening. Why are people being penalised for getting kicked from a groupfinder group? Its hardly fair is it?

The lockout is for punishing people who drop out of a GF group, not people who get kicked!

Got into GF just now only to be told that they only wanted their guildies to join and was promptly kicked... :(

report the team leader for griefing they should be in a premade if thats what they want

The reason is obviously because most people are kicked for being terrible. Even people kicked within the 1st minute are usually kicked for gear below the required level. So yes, the default should be a punishment timer.

And sometimes they get kicked for having better gear than recommended (146 Survivor vs. 156 recommended).

Yes, number is smaller but 4x 146 Survivor has more overall mitigation than 4x 162 non set bonus armorings.

Edited by Halinalle

• 6 years later...
It is a BS move done by jerks and it should not be allowed. How is anyone supposed to learn and be a part of a team if no one gives them a chance! It's why I like to fly solo and wish there was a non moon version of the game. I rather fly solo and die a billon times then be a part of a team who refuses to allow me to participates. If any of you who read this do not mind an inexperienced newbie on the team in the Flashpoint, look me up under my character name Siren Lana. Until then I will continue to solo it.

I don't think there should be a timer for those who have been kicked, though that said, this double XP event has not only brought new blood to the game, but seems to have called out to the MMO Universe attracting every single degenerate who rightly shouldn't be in group content at all. The amount of people I've seen in this last fortnight who won't even self regen between trash pulls is astounding.

I've never blocked more players in my gaming life. Thank god for Legacy block.

No it shouldn't. The only reason for kicking someone should be they are not actively playing. Like in PVP if you don't leave the base you get kicked out.

Especially with how unstable this game has become since Galactic Seasons was launched. I rarely if ever use group finder, but I've had a few of those screen freezes every 2 seconds before a CTD during group finders of any kind ever since.

I came back from one the other morning and was surprisingly not kicked when it was expected. So not every one is gung ho to kick out there but...

I'm the first to vote to kick if you're on another floor and pulling trash mobs I'm just saying. 😂

That being said the lockouts and most the UI management aspects are archaic so while it makes sense and I agree its unlikely to change. Just go look at all the various suggestions where the player base unanimously agrees on something and the exact opposite happens.

Unfortunately for whatever reason they're extremely out of touch of a fairly passionate player base. Little changes like this could go a long way.

People will make excuses as to why, when really all they need to do is make it so if players vote to kick they're not paired up with that player again for a set time. Not lockout that player overall.

Still recommend just finding a guild thats decent and will run with you. Group Finder in general, esp after Seasons, has degraded in quality.

Edited by TheVoyant