Secrets of the Enclave deco drop rate too low

Desplain

I've been running the flaspoint 15 times and only got one decoration!:(

I hope that isn't intended.

Flashpoints like Nathema and Traitor among the Chiss are dropping far more decorations.

Edited by Desplain

I am encountering a similar issue to the OP. I came here looking for a bug report because I just completed three runs where no deco was rewarded at all.

So I'm making this post for two reasons. One, to report the bug and to hope that this is in fact a bug (not a deliberate design choice) that can be addressed asap.

But second, to put out there for dev consideration that the way decos have been handled in the new Spirit of Vengeance and Secrets of the Enclave flashpoints is really terrible.

The Traitor Among the Chiss FP started an excellent trend for flashpoint decos, which was carried on into Nathema and Objective Meridian. (Arguably this half-way started with Umbara, but it started best with Traitor.) Prior to that point, a Flashpoint only ever had one unique decoration associated with it (with the exception of Blood Hunt that had two until the Illumination Probe Crate deco was bugged completely out of the game), which eventually was made a guaranteed reward upon FP completion. But Traitor, Nathema, and Meridian introduced a wonderfully large amount of decos associated with each FP (between 18-20 each), and made it so that every boss was guaranteed to drop a random deco from that selection.

That model is WONDERFUL. It means that anyone has a chance to work and grind for all those decos, all they need is modest patience and a bit of effort to keep running that FP, knowing that even if the RNG drop is against them on a specific deco, they're still getting deco duplicates to either unlock or sell. It also means that a good supply of those decos filters into the GTN at reasonable prices.

But Spirit and Secrets have a completely TERRIBLE model. You're still introducing a very large number of decos associated with the FP (21 for Secrets, the most of any FP yet) which is great... but there's no longer a guarantee of even ONE deco at the end of the FP. :mad: The effort-to-reward ratio here is completely ABYSMAL. It means a dedicated solo grinder has almost no chance of playing the RNG game to get all those decos in anything less than honestly hundreds of hours; just look at the OP's report of 15 runs yielding only one single deco. Even if he'd gotten one deco each time, it wouldn't have been enough to get all the decos the FP has to offer. This super-scarce model also means that the prices are ridiculously high on the GTN (and you can see that they stay that way, just look at the prices for the Spirit decos even now; deliberately creating even more GTN inflation with a model like this feels poorly thought out).

This honestly doesn't make any sense. Why design so many decos to be associated with a FP, even more than were associated Traitor or Nathema which introduced the one-deco-per-boss model, only to make it so incredibly tedious to acquire them?

I sincerely hope you will consider reversing this terrible model and make the Spirit of Vengeance and Secrets of the Enclave flashpoints drop one guaranteed deco per boss like the previous FPs do.

Edited by JediBoadicea

But Spirit and Secrets have a completely TERRIBLE model. You're still introducing a very large number of decos associated with the FP (21 for Secrets, the most of any FP yet) which is great... but there's no longer a guarantee of even ONE deco at the end of the FP. :mad: The effort-to-reward ratio here is completely ABYSMAL. It means a dedicated solo grinder has almost no chance of playing the RNG game to get all those decos in anything less than honestly hundreds of hours; just look at the OP's report of 15 runs yielding only one single deco. Even if he'd gotten one deco each time, it wouldn't have been enough to get all the decos the FP has to offer. This super-scarce model also means that the prices are ridiculously high on the GTN (and you can see that they stay that way, just look at the prices for the Spirit decos even now; deliberately creating even more GTN inflation with a model like this feels poorly thought out).

This honestly doesn't make any sense. Why design so many decos to be associated with a FP, even more than were associated Traitor or Nathema which introduced the one-deco-per-boss model, only to make it so incredibly tedious to acquire them?

I sincerely hope you will consider reversing this terrible model and make the Spirit of Vengeance and Secrets of the Enclave flashpoints drop one guaranteed deco per boss like the previous FPs do.

I totally agree with you!!!:):):)

I only did one run of the flashpoint, didn't bother doing it again after zero deco drops. As a decorating enthusiast, I still run Nathema, Copero, and Star Fortresses all the time for decos. If they drop so infrequently on SotE, I'll never do it again except for the story, because there's nothing to make it worthwhile. This had better be a bug. Edited by Ruvalie

I thought the deco dropped in a box at the end, or is that just solo? (I've only done it once so far...lol)

That's when you play it for the first time.

Later on in story mode the bosses should drop a decoration like they do in Nathema or Traitor among the Chiss.

That's when you play it for the first time.

Later on in story mode the bosses should drop a decoration like they do in Nathema or Traitor among the Chiss.

Exactly this. I got a box the first time I did the FP as part of the solo story chain, with one deco. I have not gotten that ever again in the subsequent runs. That happened with Spirit of Vengeance too and eventually they "fixed" it to make it so that the box with one deco is supposed to drop at the end of every SOV run (I can't confirm that, because the inability to stealth through that FP made it so that I'll never play it again for grinding purposes). So I suppose they might do a similar "fix" for Spirits.

However I really can't emphasize enough what a completely awful model that is. Introducing 18-20 decos per FP was done hand-in-hand with a model that had each boss in a FP drop a random deco. Which is GREAT. But introducing 21 decos with a new FP with at best only one single random deco per run (assuming the current issue even gets fixed)? That's terrible.

Making the Spirit and Secrets FPs operate like their predecessors with one-deco-per-boss actually helps absolutely everyone. It helps deco enthusiasts who are incentivized to run the FP repeatedly to get all the decos and multiples (who the heck needs just one column?). It helps anyone who is running the FP for other reasons to get the additional bonus of multiple deco drops they can sell for some profit. It helps everyone who has to buy decos off the GTN by keeping the prices reasonable rather than stupidly exorbitant due to completely unnecessary scarcity.

Absolutely no one is hurt by making it one-deco-per-boss, whereas the people for whom the decos are specifically made - the actual decorators - are absolutely the only ones hurt by the current model. I really hope the devs will consider changing this.

Exactly this. I got a box the first time I did the FP as part of the solo story chain, with one deco. I have not gotten that ever again in the subsequent runs. That happened with Spirit of Vengeance too and eventually they "fixed" it to make it so that the box with one deco is supposed to drop at the end of every SOV run (I can't confirm that, because the inability to stealth through that FP made it so that I'll never play it again for grinding purposes). So I suppose they might do a similar "fix" for Spirits.

However I really can't emphasize enough what a completely awful model that is. Introducing 18-20 decos per FP was done hand-in-hand with a model that had each boss in a FP drop a random deco. Which is GREAT. But introducing 21 decos with a new FP with at best only one single random deco per run (assuming the current issue even gets fixed)? That's terrible.

Making the Spirit and Secrets FPs operate like their predecessors with one-deco-per-boss actually helps absolutely everyone. It helps deco enthusiasts who are incentivized to run the FP repeatedly to get all the decos and multiples (who the heck needs just one column?). It helps anyone who is running the FP for other reasons to get the additional bonus of multiple deco drops they can sell for some profit. It helps everyone who has to buy decos off the GTN by keeping the prices reasonable rather than stupidly exorbitant due to completely unnecessary scarcity.

Absolutely no one is hurt by making it one-deco-per-boss, whereas the people for whom the decos are specifically made - the actual decorators - are absolutely the only ones hurt by the current model. I really hope the devs will consider changing this.

I totally agree!:):):):)

I've done multiple runs and gotten a deco maybe every other run but its only one and a lot of the time it's either a pillar or... some rumble. I've gotten maybe 3? 4? different decos so far but if there are more types then the drop rate needs to be a bit higher. As a decorating enthusiast it's a shame when the drops rates are low.

Completely agree. I've only run SoV once and will never run it again for anything but story completion. It was far too tedious for just one decoration. None of the flashpoints are worth re-running if they don't guarantee at least one for completion.

I've done multiple runs and gotten a deco maybe every other run but its only one and a lot of the time it's either a pillar or... some rumble. I've gotten maybe 3? 4? different decos so far but if there are more types then the drop rate needs to be a bit higher. As a decorating enthusiast it's a shame when the drops rates are low.

Interesting that you got a deco every other run. Did you get it in a special box awarded at the end of the FP, or were they dropping off bosses? My own experience, and the other experiences reported in the thread, are that no runs except he first have rewarded anything, so your data on when and how you're getting them might help point out the bug.

And yes, there are actually 21 new decos introduced with this new FP, so the chances of getting them all, even if we were guaranteed one deco per run, are super low when RNG is taken into account. Whereas the guaranteed one-deco-per-boss model makes RNG much more tolerable and lets us get duplicates or feed more decos into the GTN.

I could not stomach running SOV mutiple times for just one deco per run and an entire FP full of mobs that see through stealth. I actually really want these new Secrets FP decos, but I just will not run this whole thing hundreds of times for it, just no, not unless it's made one-deco-per-boss. Horrible eternal grind activities make sense when they're dailies that are also increasing a Reputation track and netting us multiple Conquest objectives as we go, but that just doesn't translate to a FP without those side benefits. I wouldn't be surprised if someone at the studio with visibility into the game's metrics could report that Traitor and Nathema are more regularly run than other FPs, and the reason would be those decos.

Sounds like the story chain run where you get a box at the end of the story.

Interesting that you got a deco every other run. Did you get it in a special box awarded at the end of the FP, or were they dropping off bosses? My own experience, and the other experiences reported in the thread, are that no runs except he first have rewarded anything, so your data on when and how you're getting them might help point out the bug.

And yes, there are actually 21 new decos introduced with this new FP, so the chances of getting them all, even if we were guaranteed one deco per run, are super low when RNG is taken into account. Whereas the guaranteed one-deco-per-boss model makes RNG much more tolerable and lets us get duplicates or feed more decos into the GTN.

I could not stomach running SOV mutiple times for just one deco per run and an entire FP full of mobs that see through stealth. I actually really want these new Secrets FP decos, but I just will not run this whole thing hundreds of times for it, just no, not unless it's made one-deco-per-boss. Horrible eternal grind activities make sense when they're dailies that are also increasing a Reputation track and netting us multiple Conquest objectives as we go, but that just doesn't translate to a FP without those side benefits. I wouldn't be surprised if someone at the studio with visibility into the game's metrics could report that Traitor and Nathema are more regularly run than other FPs, and the reason would be those decos.

I was getting them off bosses though it was random and didn't happen all the time. In 25 runs I got about 21 decorations altogether with maybe 9-10 different types.

I don't know that it's a bug, but the drop rate of Spirit of Vengeance and Secrets of the Enclave is too low.

Especially when your super rare drop might get a scraggly tree in a giant broken bowl... (totally confused by this one)

...or a small rock.

I don't know that it's a bug, but the drop rate of Spirit of Vengeance and Secrets of the Enclave is too low.

Especially when your super rare drop might get a scraggly tree in a giant broken bowl... (totally confused by this one)

...or a small rock.

I felt like Charlie Brown in "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" when I got my small rock. LOL

I couldn't agree more! At first I thought it was just one of the many bugs the fp had.

The decorations drop rate for the last 2 flashpoints must be increased.

+1 These two Flashpoints need to have their drop rates increased to the same percentage as Nathema. I get why they placed so many in these 3 FPs because they wanted to have replay value increased by making players want to grind them for specific decos (and quantities of decos) but replay value using this method is only effective if the FPs ACTUALLY drop things consistently even if it's not the drops you want.

Little update!

Yesterday my guild was running the flashpiont in master mode several times, but they only got two decorations from one boss.

I was again running the flaspoint in story mode and got one decoration out of five runs.

• Dev Post

Hi all,

Wanted to confirm a couple things. For Solo-Story mode, decorations do not drop from the bosses, but upon completing the quest, there is a chest that grants a decoration. This is a one time grant. Decorations currently drop in Story, Veteran, and Master modes; however, they are not guaranteed on every kill.

We have read feedback similar to the OP's, and are evaluating increasing the boss drop rates for SoV and SotE for Story, Veteran, and Master modes. We will keep you updated on any changes that may happen.

Yes please^^

The decorations are very nice, but even on MM we got like 2 deco drops max and that included the bonus boss.

On Spirit of Vengeance I even had MM runs without any decorations dropping at all.

Overal i think it would be nice if flashpoints could have more unique drops (outside of decorations) again as well, like a unique mount and/or pet for that flashpoint (like many of the older flashpoints like the SoR ones used to have), or like a cosmetic armor set like the ones from A Traitor Among the Chiss or The Nathema Conspiracy. Or even like the droid companion from Nathema^^

Hi all,

Wanted to confirm a couple things. For Solo-Story mode, decorations do not drop from the bosses, but upon completing the quest, there is a chest that grants a decoration. This is a one time grant. Decorations currently drop in Story, Veteran, and Master modes; however, they are not guaranteed on every kill.

We have read feedback similar to the OP's, and are evaluating increasing the boss drop rates for SoV and SotE for Story, Veteran, and Master modes. We will keep you updated on any changes that may happen.

Thanks for the update!:)

Increasing the drop rates would be encouraging to play the flashpoints in any mode more often:).

Hi all,

To clarify, if I re-run this FP alone in normal story version after completing the solo-story version, decorations have a better chance to drop (like they did on the PTS)? If not, there's really no incentive to bother with this other than story completion.

Edited by Sarova

Hi all,

Thanks for the response, Jackie! It's always encouraging to see yellow posts that confirm our feedback is being received.

To clarify, however, I think there are two issues. One a bug, and the other critique of the model.

One is what seems to be an actual bug, in that it is completely possible to run this FP in Story (I'm talking about after the campaign mission, when you're just re-running it however many times from the terminal) and not receive any deco at all. I personally have run it multiple times and not received that box at the end with a guaranteed drop. The OP reported the same. So if the FP is supposed to have at least one guaranteed deco drop at the end, then there is a bug that is preventing that. Further, if decos do actually have a chance to drop from every boss, then the RNG table here is completely whacked, as I (and others in this thread) can confirm runs with zero decos and the OP reported as many as 15 with zero drops, so that may be a bug too.

The argument for changing the manner in which the decos drop is a second and separate issue. As has already been said in this thread, there's definitely a preference for seeing the deco drops in the Spirit and Secrets FPs use the one-guaranteed-deco-per-boss model that Traitor, Nathema, and Meridian use. I really, truly hope this change will be made, as the current ultra-scarcity model it has made all of these decorations extremely rare and/or ridiculously expensive, which doesn't feel like it was really the point? Not when 18-20 decos are being made per FP, which a model that only began with the one-deco-per-boss FPs.

So, fingers crossed for a model change, but definitely there's also a bug about the last chest not dropping a deco at all.

Edited by JediBoadicea

I agree wholeheartedly. There should be one guaranteed deco drop per run of SoV and other flashpoints. (Hopefully with a chance at 2-3.)

It saps all the fun out of the game to put in 20-30 minutes on a solo FP run for a tiny chance at a small rock.

Also, many types of decorations are difficult to use if you only have one. For example, one chair. The new Column decorations are similar. It looks odd to have just one column in a room, you're more likely to need them in pairs, or based on the visual appearance of some models, four in a room to cover the corners. It's currently an insane and untenable amount of work to try and get 4 matching Columns.

Edited by Xina_LA