PVP and Shank Shot (stop them from turning)....

Jarbarian

In PVP on my Scoundrel, I cannot for the life of me figure out why when I use Shank Shot, why they can still turn. Isn't the point of that skill to KEEP them from turning and moving? I use it and nothing seems to happen they can move and turn just fine.

What am I doing wrong and how can I best use that skill? It's used on me all the time and I die quickly if I don't have a trinket.

This is strictly PVP I am asking about.

• 2 weeks later...
Try recording an event of it appearing to not work and post it.

Given what you've posted before I suspect you don't understand when targets are immune to controls.

They were not white barred, I'm not an idiot. I know how the mechanics work, I do not understand how they can still turn/move when I have the proficiencies chosen to stop them from doing it.

They were not white barred, I'm not an idiot. I know how the mechanics work, I do not understand how they can still turn/move when I have the proficiencies chosen to stop them from doing it.

I recommend you record and post an event.

White bars are the passive everyone has. Everyone including you as a scoundrel also has access to active abilities which block controls from working.

Edited by Gyronamics

I recommend you record and post an event.

White bars are the passive everyone has. Everyone including you as a scoundrel also has access to active abilities which block controls from working.

Huh? That doesn't make sense. What active ability would block it OTHER than the target being white barred?

Where in the explanation of the skill does it say "This active ability blocks the use of THAT active ability?"

I'll record it on my Scoundrel later today.

Huh? That doesn't make sense. What active ability would block it OTHER than the target being white barred?

Where in the explanation of the skill does it say "This active ability blocks the use of THAT active ability?"

Right, so you don't know anything about control immunities other than white barring.

For Shank Shot specifically the root will never happen if the target has any one of these up from an ability of their own:

• Tech damage immune
  • Single target damage immune
  • Movement impairing effects immune
  • All damage immune

Some examples:

• Assassins Force Shroud. Immunity to Tech damage. The ability does no damage and cannot apply the root.
  • Troopers Hold The Line. Immunity to movement impairing effects. The damage will happen but the root will be ignored.
  • Mercenary's Responsive Safeguards. Immunity to single target damage. The ability does no damage and cannot apply the root.
  • Scrapper Scoundrel's Scamper. Immunity to all damage for 1.5s. Again the ability does no damage and cannot apply the root.

Then after you've successfully applied a root from Shank Shot there are abilities which will break the root and there are tons of those.

Here's two you should know.

• Scoundrel's Dirty Trickster utility. Surrender purges all movement impairing effects.
  • Everyones CC break.

Bottom line is that everyone including other players playing the same spec as you has multiple options to mess with your plans of rooting them in pvp.

Edited by Gyronamics