So let me get this straight

Wolvel

Jugg's lost 2 dcds and furious power.

Mara's have to chose between furious power and undying?

This must be a joke. How is that fair to juggs in ranked? Maras cant even pop bloodthirst in 4s.

EDIT: This info is wrong and old. Nevermind

Edited by Wolvel

I'm calling it now. Mercs, Ops, and Snipers won't lose anything. Mercs are going to be double rocket-outing all over the map with the blazing bolts slow going and all melee classes are going to be stationary targets :rolleyes:

Snipers will still have diversion accuracy debuff, multiple knockbacks, and that speed boost spam w/ entrench. Ops will get an additional roll, longer lasting reflect, increased healing in dps spec, and an additional stun that procs a tactical advantage.

Choosing between blade blitz, guarded by the force and vanish. You only get one of them. LOL!

Pve'ers wil have to choose between mobility survival or their self cleanse aggro drop, pvp will have to pick between 2 disengages/gap closers or one of the best defensive cd's in the game. Also 2 of those 3 abilities have been in the game since 1.0 too.

Their silence is deafening and it's really starting to feel like it's some suit decision to have the game pruned so it can be played on the steam deck thing, combine it with this pts feeling of being put together in a month.

I was there during the whole tacticals and new sets pts and that was way better organized and the devs actually communicated with players.

Their silence is deafening and it's really starting to feel like it's some suit decision to have the game pruned so it can be played on the steam deck thing, combine it with this pts feeling of being put together in a month.

But the steam deck has enough buttons to hotkey everything already /shrug

https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steamdeck/images/video/hero-banner-sequence-english.mp4?origin=https://store.steampowered.com/

How many buttons does that thing have, pretty sure the squares on the front are just for mouse aiming emulation, I have like 25 binds on my live mara rn, I don't see it working on a deck unless they remove all the abilities that are missing in pts and make cc breaker and interrupts contextual or something.

And if that is the case deck players still gonna get their *** handed to them by mouse and keyboard players anyways in group content.

I am not yet on the PTS, ill hop on this weekend. But i am hearing Maras (at level 70) have to choose 1 of the 3:

- Undying Rage

- Bloodthirst (Raid buff)

- Furious Power

Is that true? That seems excessive if so.

For both watchman and combat

Level 70

Choose one Ability.

Blade Blitz - Quickly rush forward and deal weapon damage to enemies and increasing your defense change by 100% while blitzing

[A]Guarded by the Force - Reduces damage taken for a short time.

Force Camouflage - Obscures yourself with the Force, becoming difficult to detect, reducing your threat towards all enemies, reducing all damage taken by 50%, granting immunity to controlling effects, and increasing movement speed by 30%. Removes all cleansable effects when activated.

For concentration

~Level 70

Choose one Ability.

[A] Inspiration - Requires Centering. Grants a raid-wide damage and healing buff.

Guarded by the Force - Reduces damage taken

Force Clarity - Next attack deals 25% more damage. 4 charges.

How many buttons does that thing have, pretty sure the squares on the front are just for mouse aiming emulation, I have like 25 binds on my live mara rn, I don't see it working on a deck unless they remove all the abilities that are missing in pts and make cc breaker and interrupts contextual or something.

And if that is the case deck players still gonna get their *** handed to them by mouse and keyboard players anyways in group content.

I mean, if it will be possible to bind R1234 and L1234 with ABXY like R1+X or L4+B for 1 ability, you will be able to hotkey more than 25 abilities, this game allows us to bind things like Shift + E for example, so I think it will work similar there.

I mean, if it will be possible to bind R1234 and L1234 with ABXY like R1+X or L4+B for 1 ability, you will be able to hotkey more than 25 abilities, this game allows us to bind things like Shift + E for example, so I think it will work similar there.

I feel like playing swtor in such a small screen and having to press combo binds while still having to move around would be incredibly cumbersome, but I'm not the target audience of this thing so meh.

I feel like playing swtor in such a small screen and having to press combo binds while still having to move around would be incredibly cumbersome, but I'm not the target audience of this thing so meh.

Not that I'm gonna play it on this thing, just wanted to point out that this console may not be the reason for ability puning.

Not that I'm gonna play it on this thing, just wanted to point out that this console may not be the reason for ability puning.

That's the most confusing part of this. They seem to have an agenda that they aren't telling us. Any experienced dev should know these sweeping changes made to all classes will cost them a significant chunk of their most loyal players. And without them their servers are going to turn into ghost towns. They have to know from just a few years ago that ghost town servers don't retain new players, even casual ones, at all.

People have asked for less required key binds for awhile sure...combine a few abilities that only have a single niche purpose alone and that solves the problem... With that said it surely doesn't warrant a major combat system overhaul and a major feature spot in an "Expansion".

The only reason I have the ability to post right now is because I apparently misunderstood the Dev announcement and thought we were going to be able to switch weapons finally... All I wanted was class flexibility IE: Weapon options, Skill options etc... Yes I would like to be able to trade force choke for force lightning on my Jugg... Yes I would like to roll w/ a Blaster Rifle on my Merc BH...

Instead Bioware decided to go in a direction that essentially missed the point and will actually likely turn into a negative for character build choices...

Not sure how they manage to look at player suggestions and always come to the wrong conclusion...

Edited by Soljin

That's the most confusing part of this. They seem to have an agenda that they aren't telling us. Any experienced dev should know these sweeping changes made to all classes will cost them a significant chunk of their most loyal players. And without them their servers are going to turn into ghost towns. They have to know from just a few years ago that ghost town servers don't retain new players, even casual ones, at all.

So true. They should have thought about how PTS gameplay would be perceived by players. Of course, when they take your favorite char, take away half of his abilities and then give you those back, but you can't actually use all of them, you have to pick 1/3 of those and this is called an upgrade, it will drive players nuts. Of course, it will be perceived as a mockery or a bad April Fools joke. Especially if they don't give any reason for it other than this is because they thought you've got too many buttons.

I hope that isn't the whole change and all of it will make sense soon, but now I don't even know how to react to this, really)