Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Toxicity

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tsillah
09.18.2020 , 02:57 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
Just why would I ask about something I already know the anwer to?? No, I do not know the answer to that so I am curious.
currently the ignore function doesn't keep you from teaming up with them as in pve queues. So they're muted still but can still be part of your team in warzones when they are on your ignore list.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect

merovejec
09.18.2020 , 03:16 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
currently the ignore function doesn't keep you from teaming up with them as in pve queues. So they're muted still but can still be part of your team in warzones when they are on your ignore list.
Ok, thank you for the explanation.
Merovejec

TrixxieTriss
09.18.2020 , 08:27 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
Just why would I ask about something I already know the anwer to?? No, I do not know the answer to that so I am curious.
Really? A ranked player that doesn’t know that the ignore function doesn’t work the same in pvp as in flash points or operations group finder?
Dude, you’ve been here long enough to know that ignore in pvp will still put you in the same teams as people on your list or theirs.
And if you really didn’t know, I’m actually surprised and apologies for not explaining it.
Do you want to be a better objective pvper?
Click here for a “How to PvP Guide”

GeneralGyro
09.18.2020 , 09:01 PM | #34
will legacy ignore be retroactive with current ignores?

KendraP
09.18.2020 , 09:03 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Really? A ranked player that doesn’t know that the ignore function doesn’t work the same in pvp as in flash points or operations group finder?
Dude, you’ve been here long enough to know that ignore in pvp will still put you in the same teams as people on your list or theirs.
And if you really didn’t know, I’m actually surprised and apologies for not explaining it.
I mean you're replying to the same guy who claimed the virus was a total hoax.

On topic and not directed to you, it's great they're doing something I guess. Like everything else BW, too little too late.

Parsifal_
09.19.2020 , 01:47 AM | #36
"In Game Update 6.1.4 we are updating the Ignore list to ignore an entire Legacy. If you add a player to this list, it will apply to every character they create in their Legacy. It will behave very similarly to the current Ignore list, with the addition of not allowing an Ignored Legacy into your Personal Stronghold."

So how does this affect group finder? Currently, if even one person in the group has player X on ignore for whatever reason, player X will be unable to join the group -- even if he's actually a nice guy, and the person having him on ignore is the one at fault.

What if your group has some idiot who has legacy ignored half the server, including your tank buddy who is queuing for the same ops via the group finder? Can a single malicious person hold back the entire group with his ignore list, which could potentially block thousands of characters?

And what if there are more such people attempting to misuse the feature to sabotage the game? A group of malicious fanatics might share a "black list" of names based on, for example, a player's assumed political stance (this is already being done in social media like Twitter), then spread out in the game and attempt to hinder as many other players as possible from enjoying the game.

Summa summarum: How are you going to prevent the deliberate misuse and abuse of the mechanic?

JYthelifesaver
09.19.2020 , 02:06 AM | #37
Thinking about all the two faced people who behave on certain toons and act a fool on other toons. Will they behave now or only play to troll gen chat?

Tsillah
09.19.2020 , 03:02 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by JYthelifesaver View Post
Thinking about all the two faced people who behave on certain toons and act a fool on other toons. Will they behave now or only play to troll gen chat?
well, if they troll general chat you can ignore all of their toons with one ignore action. That also means that you can put more actual people on your ignore list rather than individual toons.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect

Raazmir
09.19.2020 , 03:17 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Parsifal_ View Post
And what if there are more such people attempting to misuse the feature to sabotage the game? A group of malicious fanatics might share a "black list" of names based on, for example, a player's assumed political stance (this is already being done in social media like Twitter), then spread out in the game and attempt to hinder as many other players as possible from enjoying the game.
Not wanting to play with trump supporters isn't a crime.
Mk'dermott 55 Sniper
Makkant 55 powertech

Tsillah
09.19.2020 , 03:21 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Parsifal_ View Post
I wouldn't want to play with such people, so not sure what the problem is.