Gear and Progression changes coming with 7.1

BryantWood

1. This gearing system also works, it has you work for your gear so you can feel accomplished when you get it. In 6.0 you just got stuff for free, literally.

Accomplishment? There is no "accomplishment" in a mindless grind. If anything, it prevents you from accomplishing things. The only thing you feel is an endless sense of frustration and continually ask yourself if it's even worth it. I much preferred it when we had just two sets of gear (PVE and PVP - both modable) - you still had to grind, but at least it was reasonable and didn't discriminate against one's playing style.

Edited by VegaMist

Accomplishment? There is no "accomplishment" in a mindless grind. If anything, it prevents you from accomplishing things. The only thing you feel is an endless sense of frustration and continually ask yourself if it's even worth it. I much preferred it when we had just two sets of gear (PVE and PVP - both modable) - you still had to grind, but at least it was reasonable and didn't discriminate against one's playing style.

I'll go one better, I miss the days of one Damage set and one tank set per class. AND you could craft perfectly acceptable SM gear.

there's guides.

it boils down to:

get Gear by doing Weeklies on Character 1 once the Weeklies of the Content you like are done send all Gear to character two and do the Same again, same as it was in 6.x except it's not CXP based but from quest Rewards. There's also Vendors to Upgrade the Gear for the Currency you get while doing Weeklies.

once you have one character in 326 push one Blue Item to 330 get the Quest for 330 Blue Mods, finish that quest and Buy however many full sets of gear (- Setimplants) you want for Credits.

GSF will get you geared up the fastest but you need to get a Blue Item from a MM FP or a Veteran OP after getting your Items to 326, and currency from that content to get it to 330. (the Purple Mod Vendor only gives Enhancements, no Mods/Armorings/...)

the Setimplants can be bought once you do the Quest for it, again check the Guides.

At the risk of derailing this thread... Thanks for a level headed and honest attempt to help. I'm not sure if it will help salvage things for me personally, but hopefully it can help someone more on the fence.

Because I did not know it to be true until I did it.

Now I know without doubt upgrades are worthless.

But you were able to check the stats before buying it, you could've looked at other people that upgraded it... this is just your fault you didn't know it

No.

The design and implementation of worthless upgrades falls under failed game design.

Now I know and won't make that mistake again.

It increases the stats on them. What else did you expect it would do?

I am very dissapointed that the 330 mod vendors don't take all types of gear. You should be able to unlock it with pvp and non operations gear.

The entire point would be to have another way than ops to get good gear, but nope. There should be a way to get casual players gear too like in 6.0 This update so far has been a gearing disaster for non-raiders.

I doubt my opinion will matter, but someone has to speak up. I wish I could have just kept my old 6.0 set gear to 80.

I am very dissapointed that the 330 mod vendors don't take all types of gear. You should be able to unlock it with pvp and non operations gear.

The entire point would be to have another way than ops to get good gear, but nope. There should be a way to get casual players gear too like in 6.0 This update so far has been a gearing disaster for non-raiders.

I doubt my opinion will matter, but someone has to speak up. I wish I could have just kept my old 6.0 set gear to 80.

... but you literally can upgrade PvP gear to 328 and then trade that in for 328 enhancements.

... but you literally can upgrade PvP gear to 328 and then trade that in for 328 enhancements.

This is worthless without also having to do harder group content to get the armorings/hilts/barrels and mods - and you know it. Just getting enhancements is pointless if you can't also get the other slots filled. You can't do that as a solo player, which is the chief complaint being discussed.

You need 330 purple and 330 blue MM flashpoint or SM ops gear at least I think.

If you could just unlock all with pvp or conquest/fp regular stuff, it would be ok.

Legacy SM Ops drop green gear. Legacy HM drops blue. The only SM Op to drop blue is R-4 (starting at 328), which is not solo/casual friendly.

Legacy SM Ops drop green gear. Legacy HM drops blue. The only SM Op to drop blue is R-4 (starting at 328), which is not solo/casual friendly.

modable gear in and of itself is not solo/casual friendly either

modable gear in and of itself is not solo/casual friendly either

I don't see why. Gear you can buy from a vendor without doing BW's beloved "super-fun highest difficulty group content" is very casual-friendly, it's a shame you still need to do "super-fun highest difficulty content" to unlock it.

If you want blue 330 mods as a 100% solo player, the easiest way is to grind for a piece of blue ear or implant by soloing a vet mode flashpoint. Use the flashpoint gear vendor to upgrade the blue 320 to 330 if using the bait method. Then, pick up the 330 prototype mission from hyde and seek, deconstruct the blue 330 ear or implant, and viola, you can buy blue 330 mods for all your toons in the future.

I don't see why. Gear you can buy from a vendor without doing BW's beloved "super-fun highest difficulty group content" is very casual-friendly, it's a shame you still need to do "super-fun highest difficulty content" to unlock it.

No, as in why buy mods from the vendor, why not set gear pieces that already give an ok stat distribution.

Also wdym highest difficulty content, you have to clear 2 SM Bosses in R-4 to get a set of full 330. R-4 is overtuned yes, but it's still very much possible to kill ICCPT and Watchdog. If you don't like it, don't do it, but you clearly know the path to 330 or even 330+. You have two options, do it ot don't do it. Both work for you me and everybody else, it's your time.

For me it is worth upgrading and spending the time doing R-4 HM with pugs for blue VM tokens, as a tank I need 4 pruple tokens and 40 VM tokens and people come here and say 2 SM tokens is too much? Come on. Not to mention a tank is useless on one of the bosses.

If you do not wish to spend the time doing new content, or group content at all why do you even care what GS the person next to you has? I know that I don't. "It makes the content take longer and feel like a drag" you do realize that gear won't change that? Like at all?! Learning your class would change it, having keybinds would change it, having 330+ won't and if you think it does stop huffing so much copium.

No, as in why buy mods from the vendor, why not set gear pieces that already give an ok stat distribution.

Also wdym highest difficulty content, you have to clear 2 SM Bosses in R-4 to get a set of full 330. R-4 is overtuned yes, but it's still very much possible to kill ICCPT and Watchdog. If you don't like it, don't do it, but you clearly know the path to 330 or even 330+. You have two options, do it ot don't do it. Both work for you me and everybody else, it's your time.

For me it is worth upgrading and spending the time doing R-4 HM with pugs for blue VM tokens, as a tank I need 4 pruple tokens and 40 VM tokens and people come here and say 2 SM tokens is too much? Come on. Not to mention a tank is useless on one of the bosses.

If you do not wish to spend the time doing new content, or group content at all why do you even care what GS the person next to you has? I know that I don't. "It makes the content take longer and feel like a drag" you do realize that gear won't change that? Like at all?! Learning your class would change it, having keybinds would change it, having 330+ won't and if you think it does stop huffing so much copium.

Another L2P lol

Another L2P lol

Sorry for saying the truth, I'm done being nice to people who constantly **** talk my friends and make them look like a-holes. You don't even know them and assume so much, you have no idea what NiM raiders need want or do, you are just jealous they have gear and you don't.

Then you have two options: Get gear, by getting better clearing NiM etc.

or: Stop gearing. Which I'd recommend you do because it will always be a waste of time for any person not doing HM+ raids. Always.

Yes, I know, that's why I want my 6.0 scaling and my veteran's edge back.

Sorry for saying the truth, I'm done being nice to people who constantly **** talk my friends and make them look like a-holes. You don't even know them and assume so much, you have no idea what NiM raiders need want or do, you are just jealous they have gear and you don't.

I said mutiple times and in multiple threads that not all progression raiders are elitist a-holes. Guys who influence game design through some secret discord servers with the devs probably are (I never claimed you are one of them) but certainly not all progression raiders.

Edited by juliushorst

Then you have two options: Get gear, by getting better clearing NiM etc.

or: Stop gearing. Which I'd recommend you do because it will always be a waste of time for any person not doing HM+ raids. Always.

Please see my post in another thread.

If you tell me how, if I get 340, it hurts YOUR gameplay or enjoyment of the game for you.

I said mutiple times and in multiple threads that not all progression raiders are elitist a-holes. Guys who influence game design through some secret discord servers with the devs probably are (I never claimed you are one of them) but certainly not all progression raiders.

And I even said the same thing... who know who aren't elitist a-holes? The ones that are not arguing with casuals on forums. They do their content... and never once worry about what others' gear is.

Oh, they left the public theorycrafters server a while ago. I think they are on SFRC but only to sponsor gifts for the winners of the race, or thats how I understood it at least.

There is no secret discord server, stop the tinfoil hat things.