Toxicity

ChrisSchmidt

Legacy Ignore

Currently the game supports character-based ignore lists, but not Legacy-wide ignore, meaning harassers could just create another character and persist in ruining the experience for another player.

In Game Update 6.1.4 we are updating the Ignore list to ignore an entire Legacy. If you add a player to this list, it will apply to every character they create in their Legacy. It will behave very similarly to the current Ignore list, with the addition of not allowing an Ignored Legacy into your Personal Stronghold.

Hell... it's about time.

New Legacy Ignore is better.

But we have a problem with operation when i have most ignore fully.

Operation implement to new flashpoint, that's better.

Otherwise cann't we more played?

For example --- Diablo 3

New difficulty mode:

1. Easy-Mode (Story-mode) = 1 Level to 75 Level = Low Armor without Talents = Low Boss with one Talents

2. Normal-Mode = 1 Level to 75 Level = Medium Armor without Talents = Low Boss with two Talents

3. Veteran-Mode = 1 Level to 75 Level = High Armor without Talents = Medium Boss with two Talents

4. Master-Mode = Max. Level = High Armor without Talents = Medium Boss with with three Talents

5. Grandmaster-Mode = Max. Level = High Armor without Talents = High Boss with threeTalents

6. Nightmare-Mode = Max. Level = High Armor with Low Talents = High Boss with four Talents

7. Agony-Mode = Max. Level = Highest Armor with Medium Talents = Highest Boss with four Talents

8. Deadly-Mode = Max. Level = Highest Armor with High Talents = Highest Boss with more and coincidence Talents

Next level No. 9 - New Level build, to 10.000 level or more not only armor talents must build up!

1. Special-Mode 1 Level

2. Special-Mode 2 Level

3. Special-Mode 3 Level

4. Special-Mode 4 Level

to 10.000 Level or more

All every world - Level Limited

That must all remove! back time to 2012!

Edited by Unterlord

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only if we get to approve the "friend". I do not like how you can add someone as a friend without a person's permission. I do not need a person adding me as a "friend" and then pestering/bothering/harrassing (and yes some can actually go to harrassing) me. If I haven't given you permission than kindly respect my wishes and don't add me to your list which is the problem in this game. You don't have to ask the person's permission.

Not only that, but if someone adds me, and I say yes, I also want an option to say yes or no to adding them to my legacy list, and letting them see all my toons.

Not only that, but if someone adds me, and I say yes, I also want an option to say yes or no to adding them to my legacy list, and letting them see all my toons.

Agreed !!

I do not want ANYONE having access to my entire list of characters simply because we are "friends" on an alt.

Question about the legacy ignore: if you have one player's character in your friends list, but then you ignore another character from that player's legacy, will the character you had in your friends list be taken down from it? Edited by Ylliarus

Question about the legacy ignore: if you have one player's character in your friends list, but then you ignore another character from that player's legacy, will the character you had in your friends list be taken down from it?

I can't say for certain, but I can imagine that is how it would work?

Question about the legacy ignore: if you have one player's character in your friends list, but then you ignore another character from that player's legacy, will the character you had in your friends list be taken down from it?

In the stream they said that the existing ignore lists would be combined into the new legacy ignore list. During that process, if you have someone on your friends list who also has another character on your ignore list then the ignore list entry would be deleted.

They didn't talk about what will happen later on so you have a character called Bob in your friends list but then you add a character to your ignore list called Alice and it turns out to be the same legacy. My guess is that Bob will be removed from your friends list. This is one of the things I want to test out when the PTS comes back online.

Someone said it earlier, but I think some folks are going to be unpleasantly surprised when they discover that someone on their friends list turns out to be the same person who's been griefing/trolling them. Duplicity and internet anonymity often go hand in hand, unfortunately.

However, I see this as a good thing. Players who engage in toxic activity, be it trolling chat or griefing other players, are going to find themselves without a rock to hide under. Take away some of their anonymity and/or their ability to hop to alts to continue trolling/griefing, combined with tougher account actions, it's going to help clear the air in this game.

Someone said it earlier, but I think some folks are going to be unpleasantly surprised when they discover that someone on their friends list turns out to be the same person who's been griefing/trolling them. Duplicity and internet anonymity often go hand in hand, unfortunately.

However, I see this as a good thing. Players who engage in toxic activity, be it trolling chat or griefing other players, are going to find themselves without a rock to hide under. Take away some of their anonymity and/or their ability to hop to alts to continue trolling/griefing, combined with tougher account actions, it's going to help clear the air in this game.

Couldn't agree more, it will nice when the hammer drops on some of those toxic people :)

Couldn't agree more, it will nice when the hammer drops on some of those toxic people :)

Another change I'd like to see, if you are reporting people in general chat, that you can report them for harassment, not just spam, harassment seems to save the convo, so they can see it. At the moment, we've at least four trolls on fleet, on starforge, going at it, chat is flooded, some pretty nasty stuff, but as you aren't beside them, you can't report it as harassment, just spam.

*oops, was supposed to add to the post, not quote it, and write another....lol

Edited by DarkTergon

Exactly this.

There are enough trolls in the game as it is that you need to swap to another Alt if you are being harassed. Or you just might want some peace and quiet to play by yourself without everyone knowing who you are and messaging you every min.

My current concern is this legacy ignore will show all characters and trolls will use it to find all your Alts and then unignore you once they have the list.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Another change I'd like to see, if you are reporting people in general chat, that you can report them for harassment, not just spam, harassment seems to save the convo, so they can see it. At the moment, we've at least four trolls on fleet, on starforge, going at it, chat is flooded, some pretty nasty stuff, but as you aren't beside them, you can't report it as harassment, just spam.

Yeah, without this change this entire anti-toxicity initiative is a complete waste of time. When we right-click a name in chat or the Who window we should get the same reporting options we get if we right-click on the actual character. Specifically the options to report threats/suicide threats and harassment.

Get rid of solo ranked or allow ignore to prevent people from being grouped with people they ignore in solo ranked.

The system you have right now breeds toxicity.

I get you don't like ranked, solo ranked, and to be honest, i've seen some of the worst behaviour there, but removing it is not an option, we need constructive ways to fix it. Removing the vote kick is one, i'm sure there are more ideas people want to share.

I get you don't like ranked, solo ranked, and to be honest, i've seen some of the worst behaviour there, but removing it is not an option, we need constructive ways to fix it. Removing the vote kick is one, i'm sure there are more ideas people want to share.

It absolutely is an option. Less than 1% of the playerbase plays it. More popular formats have been removed from games without much problem in the past.

Exactly this.

There are enough trolls in the game as it is that you need to swap to another Alt if you are being harassed. Or you just might want some peace and quiet to play by yourself without everyone knowing who you are and messaging you every min.

My current concern is this legacy ignore will show all characters and trolls will use it to find all your Alts and then unignore you once they have the list.

Agreed ... good point!

Get rid of solo ranked or allow ignore to prevent people from being grouped with people they ignore in solo ranked.

The system you have right now breeds toxicity.

More idiocy. People would abuse that ignore feature to ensure they never get bad players on their teams, or even to set up easy wintrading.

Any online competitive game breeds a certain amount of "toxicity." If you don't like it, don't play solo ranked. We all know by now that the only reason you want it removed is because you're ashamed you can't succeed at it. It's sadly that simple.

It absolutely is an option. Less than 1% of the playerbase plays it. More popular formats have been removed from games without much problem in the past.

It may be a small community, I don't have the figures, but it is a community , so I can't see them removing it. Even though I don't personally play it (anymore ), because there are people who do, it shouldn't be removed. They need to deal with the toxicity, and getting rid of the vote kick is a positive step.

If you don't like ranked, just don't play it, you won't see the toxicity. And if the trash talk on the pvp chat annoys you, turn it off, or ignore the user who are doing it.

toxicity

We will never get a clear definition of what "Toxicity" is, right? It'll forever be a vague thing that people can make up definitions for on the go as it suits them? Yeah, I've seen that form of "moderation" on multiple platforms, people abuse vague terms, anyone who doesn't see this is a sweet sweet summer child.

Be clear or don't bother.

Edited by Kiesu

Any online competitive game breeds a certain amount of "toxicity." If you don't like it, don't play solo ranked. We all know by now that the only reason you want it removed is because you're ashamed you can't succeed at it. It's sadly that simple.

This exact attitude is what toxicity is all about. Why would you say a thing like that at all? You have no proof of it but somehow you feel justified to make such a personal attack?

I actually agree.

The most toxic part of SWTOR community isn't DK chat, ranked PvP or GSF aces.

The most toxic part of community are "elitist forum veterans" who can be blatantly racist, nazist and just arrogant to players from non-english speaking places and can get away with this and BW just silently approves this BS..

Moved my reply meant for another thread here ince this is a much better home for it. Very much on topic really.

Plenty of poison to be had in all of those places you listing really. Honestly, much of the mid-match trashtalk and flaming and trolling seems to be borderline intergral to any competitive setting. Pvp in video games or sports in real life. This stuff feels almost universal and isn't tied to stuff like average age of community. I mean..Ultima Online is an ancient game by now, by any measure. There are more grandparents than parents in that pvp community. Yet, it often gets so vile that even edgiest of pvp edgelords on TOR sound like cute mewwing kittens by comparsion. it is incredible to watch and read that stuff actually:D I recon you have learned most of the good insults by the time you pushing 65 or something.

But huge majority of this stuff is usually in the open, on the surface and laid bare. It is about insulting, trolling and flaming. Sometimes, it is pragmatic: it is about getting under skin of your opponent in order to get in-game advantage. NHL has hockey players who are professional trolls and get paid millions for it.

Cloak and dagger present on these forums is a different animal though. It is harder for a bystander or a community moderator to catch. It is in the dark undergrowth. And by the looks of it and judging by my first hand experiences over past 5 months, point of the cloak and dagger stuff isn't to insult or troll or annoy. Instead, goal is to cause as much harm and damage as is possible in this restricted setting. (Setting being a moderated internet forum used by people who don't know one another in real life)

Of course, setting is so limited that you can't do much damage. Doesn't prevent few people here from trying to cause as much as they can and can get away with though. Attempts at character assasination, relentless ad hominem, brazen, repeated and seemingly tireless attempts to isolate person outside of his own community.

" If you love GSF, distance yourself from this person" as one wonderful forum champion here openly asked members of my " home community within community" to do to me. Challenge: Imagine you want to do as much harm or damage to another person on these forums as you possibly can. For any reason. While staying within boundaries of these forums. Can you think of anything worse than attacks of this nature?

This stuff is prolly technically against the forum rules or code of conduct or whatever. However, breaking these rules (assumin rules are even broken, I truly don't know) does nothing that'd make the people doing this stuff consider stopping it. Some exceptionally ugly post gets removed aftter it has been sitting there for 12-48 hours or something. Few days go by and more or less same/similar attacks are made elsewhere. Rince and repeat. So these weapons and tools are in the toolkit of anyone who doesn't have moral objections to keep from using them. -> If you don't like what person has to say about video game mechanics, you have the option to spend next 5 months (SO FAR!!!) attacking that person here and there. Do what you can to have him cancelled or excluded from this community. Spread lies about him and do seemingly tireless ad hominem. Are you breaking forum rules each time you do that? Yeah, I'd bet. Does that actually matter or cause something that'd make you stop doing it? Not really. I assume behaviour of this type earns you " warnings" which are as relevant as warnings about epilepsy on loading screen of some video game. "Yeah ok.i feel warned now!"

I'd never even consider bothering to write about any of this stuff iat any greater length if it were one inceident. Or three. Or five. Been a steady barrage over last 5 months. Members sharing the clique are enablers, participants or cheerleaders to this, depending on what seems most suitable for any given situation.

It is difficult to care about it or..even register this stuff it if one isn't an active participant. I mean, a couple of different people have approached me via PMs during these past 5 months, talking about how they've had similar experiences here. I'm guessing this isn't even all that uncommon. Rather, a forum tradition. Yet, til I began getting my...fair share... of it, I never really saw/noticed any of it. Been reading these forums long before closed beta tests were a thing. Changes are you don't see it unless/until it is your turn.

Edited by Stradlin

i will say this though if these changes are through and DK chat is no longer enjoyable to read

then i will advocate to remove it cause when im on dk its always fun to be there

specially the baras/zash jokes but if that goes away and chat becomes normal like hoth where none speak at all then no thank you.

i will say this though if these changes are through and DK chat is no longer enjoyable to read

then i will advocate to remove it cause when im on dk its always fun to be there

specially the baras/zash jokes but if that goes away and chat becomes normal like hoth where none speak at all then no thank you.

It's not going to stop the jokes, or the fun, just hopefully the ******s and trolls

• 9 months later...

I decided to write here, just to give my feedback on the changes that were "supossed" to happen:

"Reporting

As a member of the Fair Play Alliance, EA is committed to providing a safe space to play where all are welcome. As part of this, toxicity and harassment actions that the Customer Service team apply to folks violating the Terms of Service are being escalated to more severe actioning"

This was absolutely false. Toxiciy and harassment is worse than ever. I have been reporting two guys, specifically, and my whole server had as well, and the "worst" that thye havent been banned even once, which is absolutely lame, even showed screenshots for life threats and more.

"Legacy Ignore

Currently the game supports character-based ignore lists, but not Legacy-wide ignore, meaning harassers could just create another character and persist in ruining the experience for another player.

In Game Update 6.1.4 we are updating the Ignore list to ignore an entire Legacy. If you add a player to this list, it will apply to every character they create in their Legacy. It will behave very similarly to the current Ignore list, with the addition of not allowing an Ignored Legacy into your Personal Stronghold"

This tool I think was a good idea with bad implementation. First of all, this guys that can be harassing you can know exactly all your characters by legacy ignoring you. You legacy ignore them, and since they have more than one accounts, because they are ban evaders, or at least most of them in my server, they can come back with one of their multiple accounts and harass you again. Once you legacy ignore, it shouldnt show the legacy name of the ignored people.

"Future

As we look forward, we have lots more opportunities we’re pursuing, including improving our in-game reporting tools and automated detection methods. We’ll share more about what additional changes are coming as we get closer to these showing up in-game.

All of the game-side improvements coming in 6.1.4 will be available to check out in the upcoming PTS. We’re eager to hear your feedback and look forward to you all trying them out!"

This was an absolute lie. The in game reports are on the worse state ever, for both harassment and wintrading. Specially about wintrading/cheating, they have been zero actions for the longest time I have ever seen.

I dont know if there is a problem with you guys, or specifically customer service, but there has been an absolute lack of actions taken from Bioware against the ToS offenders.