Suggestion: Show Guild Inviters On Who Panel

UlaVii

Hi, I have two suggestions for the /who panel to make it much easier for people get invited to guilds they want to join and avoid all the unnecessary whispers they send to random guild members when trying to find someone who can invite.

1) Change the default option for the custom column heading to be Guild instead of Comment.

2) Add a new Inviter column that shows an indicator for characters that can /ginvite people to their guild. This can be hidden if a guild has unticked the Recruiting option on their profile.

I've put together an example of how it could look:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/534065049396969484/931645717313880254/Who-Panel-v2.png

So the hit to the database would be something like this every time someone opened the Who window:

For the given zone, sort through all ranks for all guilds for all people present in the zone, identify which of those ranks per guild have been given invite permissions, assess the guild ranks of everyone in the zone, and display accordingly.

That would be a huge hit.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Most guilds that I have characters in allow every member to invite new members (*); how common or uncommon is that?

Depends on what type of guilds you join and the circles you move in. I know at least 20 guilds that only allow certain ranks to invite, my own included. I know maybe three that allow everyone to invite. Someone else on my server might have similar experience but flipped around.