Gamorrean Bodyguard unlockable via collections?

Shibbstah

Being inspired from the recent Book of Boba Fett release, I feel as though our fellow pigbois could use some love.

Why not make them unlockable via Collections? It seems silly to have to grind one during the Nightlife event on each character you want it on.

Please? c:

It seems silly to have to grind one during the Nightlife event on each character you want it on.

Silly to you, but beneficial to the devs and their intention for the players to continue to grind for these event rewards if they want them on their alts as well.

Edited by Phazonfreak

• 2 weeks later...
Being inspired from the recent Book of Boba Fett release, I feel as though our fellow pigbois could use some love.

Why not make them unlockable via Collections? It seems silly to have to grind one during the Nightlife event on each character you want it on.

Please? c:

I have a companion related suggestion buried somewhere in here and I added for event companions and rewards added to collections in my list.

To try to mitigate using/abusing unlocks/collections and then ignoring the events when they roll around, I thought a fair compromise was to have a system where you can unlock event companions and items but they weren't unlocked legacy wide. If you have 30 alts you want the gamorrean, rodain, and ugnaught companions on, you'll pay 30 times for each of those times. I think that's fair.

I'd be happy to have events added to collections (beyond what we do have which I think is Cartel items inspired by events), and I think it would be fair to pay each time you wanted something instead of a instant unlock.

Edited by absolutetristan

Silly to you, but beneficial to the devs and their intention for the players to continue to grind for these event rewards if they want them on their alts as well.

As believable as that sounds, it is really the reason or is just that they have no infrastructure to support unlocking things account wide without using the CM as a go-between? I don't think they've used collections much outside of strictly CM items, even though the infrastructure is right there. My thought would be add regular items to collections with an account unlock cost of 0 CC (you still have to do the unlock interaction, but it doesn't cost anything). Idk if that would break their infrastructure to charge 0 tho. And for some items, it would appear they'd need to change the item fundamentally so it can unlock in collections. Which is apparently harder than it looks, cause there are cartel bazaar vendor items that have been broken for ages. I'd think it would just be a flag in the item that you can change, but it seems nothing is ever that simple with this game's code.

Generally speaking, items that require 'special' currency, such as Cartel Market Certs, and 'event' currencies, are not unlockable in Collections, for whatever reason.

it depends what the item is on the cartel market certs mounts actually can be unlocked. Weapons and armor are excluded from unlocks though. Events armors/customizations/weapons I could see them actually adding those to collections with them adding heroic crates you unlock on Odessen those armors are now going to be unlockable in collections. Seems like they are starting to add more and more things to collections that can be unlockable the companions such as Gamorrean, Ugnaught and Rodian as well the mounts from events like that I could actually see being added to collections going forward. Sure some of that comes from also the galactic seasons opening up the possibility to get the limited time companions: Shae Vizla, Master Ranos, Nico Okarr, Paxton Rall but needless to say you can technically unlock those companions too in collections.

I really see them adding more and more stuff to collections for unlocks going forward because people will actually pay to have stuff unlocked on characters. I do agree though in the past for whatever reason they ignored adding that stuff to collections but now I think they would do it for the cash grab.