Accessibility Suggestions

JackieKo

I'm not entirely sure if i'm posting this in the right section but after having read some of the other stories on this post it seems like the right place:

I have OCD and i like things to be neat and in order, if i can't "Clean" things up to my liking it makes my skin crawl, literally. After having played KotFE and KotET i have gathered a ton of companions i will never use, they don't interest me and frankly, feel out of place to use.

So i wanted to make the suggestion for a way to disable companions, maybe put them in a tab that's out of the way and not so in your face.

I'm not the best with words and/or explaining things, but i hope i explained it well enough!

They have cleaned up the comps a bit, it used to be a lot worse, but what I think would be cool, is another option / list, that could be your fav comps, so that you can collapse what's there, and ignore them, but have your favs opened.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there. :)

A fellow guild mate is a Color Blind person and doing OPS and MM Fps where AoEs are all colored is difficult for her to see and react on.

Was wondering why SWTOR doesnt have option for Color Blind players like some games do.

I would strongly recommend/suggest that SWTOR consider implementing this into SWTOR Options in the near future.

Hi all,

Just like the title suggests, we would love to hear your suggestions for accessibility. I know that some threads already exist such as this one from Sewolf (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=988390) and I will be adding them here as I find them. Additionally, if y'all see any others, feel free to link them here or add your own suggestions below.

We cannot guarantee that every suggestion is going to be implemented, but we do want to hear about what can improve the game in terms of accessibility.

I have a suggestion regarding Advanced Account Editing Options.

In my specific scenario, I started playing right after launch for a few years and then I took a short break. When I came back, for whatever reason, I made a new account and continued playing. After awhile, I realized how beneficial it is to stick to one account, so I switched back to my original account and have stayed with it ever since.

My suggestion is the idea of being able to change certain things regarding your account for consolidation purposes and also to be able to easily keep track of achievements, collections, legacies, etc. without switching back and forth. Being able to merge accounts would help a lot. I'd happily just have one, create a third to absorb the other two, pay a fee, or any other option that would make playing more efficient in this regard. Others may also benefit from the ability to split an account, maybe because of sharing an account in the past and not needing to any longer. These are two scenarios that could make playing easier and could also generate additional revenue for the game. Obviously, there would need to be identity verification to proceed and probably an Advanced Account Editing History to keep a record in order to manage possible account theft scenarios, but overall, I think it would be a positive option to have. In my head, I see it working similarly to how a Legacy changes whenever you transfer a character to a server and the Legacies merge.

Apologies if I am speaking out of my depth or if I put this in the wrong place, this is only the 2nd post I have made (the 1st one is a suggestion I made in the Sentinel/ Marauder sections of classes earlier,) but I figured if there was ever a time to give my input it would be leading up to Legacy of the Sith.

Regardless, thank you to SWTOR and everyone involved, I am looking forward to being a part of the next 10 years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dear Devs... As a player with Cerebral Palsy, with little eye-hand coordination and extreme fatigue, pain, and spasmatic issues in my hands and fingers I believe the single biggest accessibility improvement that could help me is the option to turn Level-Synch off in SOLO and only SOLO mode. If I'm trying to solo Content like Star Fortresses my hands are too sore and too tired to handle the Exarch at the end. I've tried and the pain gets unbearable! :( Same thing Solo-ing Galactic Champion and the heroics on Makeb, Mek-Sha, and a lot of FP's.

I do understand players like challenges (I do when possible) that's why I get that others already think the game is too easy. I accept that even though I'm in a nice Guild I can't handle Ops in any mode (way too painful). So the best thing would be to put the option in Preferences.

Again only if not in a group! If I group for a WB I should be level-synched.

However, as Devs it's a good idea to keep fatigue factor in mind. Making Level-Synch optional would cut my fatigue levels immensely allowing me to play more content.

Everything after Shadow of Revan should also be playable with a friend/friends. Of course, the person who launches the story content has full control and the person joining them is just along for the ride. This is an MMORPG, not a singleplayer-RPG so I don't see a reason as to why someone can't roll with you in Fallen Empire for instance.

My sugestion is:

1) ALL NEED GTN PORTATIBILE!!!!!!!!

2)PLEASE NEED A NICO HAT!!!!!! ( COWBOY HAT CLASSIC)

3) NEED NIGHTSISTER BOW!!!!!!

4)VANGUARD AND POWERTECH NEEDED BESKAR SPEAR!!!!( MAKE A REAL SENSE!!!!!!!!!)

5)COLECTION EDITION NEED ALL TIME UPTODATED!!!!! ( ALL THINGS......IS A ESPECIAL ACOUNT OR NOT ?!?!?!)

PLEASE I LOVE THESE GAME, AND HAVE 2 ACOUNT FOUNDER.......THANKS

It's probably been said before but I think a reminder is always good... The launcher, the login/ character select screen, and the server select screen desperately need actual 4K support. 4K (and 1440p) is worth mentioning because it's still a bit uncomfortable on that resolution as well) monitors are widely adopted now and it can be difficult to navigate SWTOR in these locations since they lack the proper scaling support.

With those three brought up as needing work, It'd probably be a good idea to do a onceover of the entire GUI that isn't currently scalable. Here's an example: The interface Editor GUI itself isn't scalable, but can be used to scale the player UI to their needs.

• 3 months later...
My sugestion is:

1) ALL NEED GTN PORTATIBILE!!!!!!!!

2)PLEASE NEED A NICO HAT!!!!!! ( COWBOY HAT CLASSIC)

3) NEED NIGHTSISTER BOW!!!!!!

4)VANGUARD AND POWERTECH NEEDED BESKAR SPEAR!!!!( MAKE A REAL SENSE!!!!!!!!!)

5)COLECTION EDITION NEED ALL TIME UPTODATED!!!!! ( ALL THINGS......IS A ESPECIAL ACOUNT OR NOT ?!?!?!)

PLEASE I LOVE THESE GAME, AND HAVE 2 ACOUNT FOUNDER.......THANKS

Wrong topic for this spastic list of wants.

Would be nice to hear of anything new on this front though, a few of my friends with disabilities of varying levels have had to leave since this was first asked and I can absolutely understand their loss of hope now that its almost been a year since they felt seen for once.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Ive noticed that most activators are really poorly coloured. For me its nearly impossible to find them on Hoth, and in some other situations. My suggestion would be make the activators have a textured white animation on them. This is done in some games and works well. Another way is to have a 3D effect, which is even better. These ways also mean you dont need an option to do this as I think alot of players would like this.

Hi!

I bought a cosmetic armor set from the Cartel market (my first) and it was unclear to me on how to proceed with the physical pieces after equipping them. I deleted them as I thought I had the set unlocked in my collection now anyway. This is not the case, though. And now the set pieces are gone and I can't swap any part of the look with something else. I write this as I right clicked on the cosmetic legs of the set and it got deleted permenantly now.

I'm not sure what I did wrong and wha twould have been the correct procedure, but whatever the correct process is, it is not idiot proof :)

Hopefully you can somehow tell what went wrong and save others from my fate. Also: I havce the Founders Gift Armor Sets that got mailed to all my chars, but those donm't add themselves to the collection either? Surely they should?

• 2 weeks later...
The way that 7.0 has conquest is abhorrent. This has got to change. 100k just for personal conquest? That number is way to high on it's own. Not to mention that it becomes a far more glaring problem when you factor in that the amount of conquest points that you get from doing things is quite small, and they have nerfed the things that you would normally run to complete it. Seriously Biowere, lower the amount back down to 50k and undo the complete death nail that you have done to conquest! Not to mention, let's talk about flashpoints. Not having all of the flashpoints on the group finder filter is beyond the point of frustrating. It is putting yourself into a bad position just because you can. The sooner you lower the amount back down and let the players decide for themselves how they wish to go about conquest (IE: HOW IT WAS PRE 7.0) The sooner this thorn can be removed from our collective backsides!

Hi all,

Just like the title suggests, we would love to hear your suggestions for accessibility. I know that some threads already exist such as this one from Sewolf (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=988390) and I will be adding them here as I find them. Additionally, if y'all see any others, feel free to link them here or add your own suggestions below.

We cannot guarantee that every suggestion is going to be implemented, but we do want to hear about what can improve the game in terms of accessibility.

What you should do is simplify the gearing. Just have it be PvE and PvP. No breaking it down by what you are doing. Like this is just needlessly annoying. Lower the conquest rating to 50k and have it be more or less how it was prior to the launch of 7.0

It would be really useful for me to be able to scale the mouse cursor, adjust sensitivity, and change the color of the different cursors. With my disabilities, it's hard to see the combat cursor at times, and I "lose" it. I can get disoriented in games pretty easily anyway, and when I can't figure out where my mouse cursor is, it makes it even worse. Also in situations where my visual disturbances are at play, I can't change too many of the colors of anything to something that helps me. To my knowledge, there's no high-contrast UI, etc.

Also, I can't seem the audio options to adjust to a point where I can hear voices but not as much background noise and music, without practically muting everything else. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong.

Bring back the old UI I'm unable to access my mount/speeders. Currently the only options I have to get a mount is the one that was not removed from a quick bar or the random generator. I've been told be several people that they are under the abilities (P) tree under the pets. How-ever mine will not go past pets. I have reported this sent it and sent video of this and no one is helping. I canceled mu subscription and once it runs out in 9 days I will not be returning and deleting this bug filled game unless it gets fixed so that I may play it. I would love to go back to 6.3.2b and go back to a level 75 happy over from what I game from this update. Bring back the old UI so that I may play. I cant even run the tester on the launcher to see if I'm missing a file since Bioware removed it.

With regards to accessibility specifically, I have one major concern regarding the new update. The stroke (outline) that's been removed from text has lowered accessibility. example: the cooldown text (in style 1) used to be yellow with a black outline (or smth to that effect) and now it's harder to see without said outline. The outline is also removed from text that shows up when you hover over something.

edit: also, there's a lot of situations where there's a light blue stroke or the white stroke vs the dark blue background and it causes eye strain. It's also making the ability tree very hard to visually read. I can't tell the difference between abilities I *have* selected and abilities I haven't. Took me a good minute to figure out certain ones were selected.

Edited by asking-alex

Hi all,

M1-4X and Major Pierce.

Can you guys change the mission to something other than PVP.

This discussion was made before but not considered please do something about it.

https://www.swtor.com/community/show...rgotten+Trophy

https://www.swtor.com/community/show...6&page=1&pp=10

Hi,

Non modified weapon in 7.0 its a real bad expierence for players. You can't use your weapon as outfit also, some players spent a lot of money to buy weapon and tuning wich they like. Easiest solution for this imao, to add hit and barrel same as legacy 326 implant with all necessary stats. You cant put barrel - hit to your armor so armor will be still non moded. Also players can be able to play with your favorite weapon at requiers gear lvl.

It would be really useful for me to be able to scale the mouse cursor, adjust sensitivity, and change the color of the different cursors. With my disabilities, it's hard to see the combat cursor at times, and I "lose" it. I can get disoriented in games pretty easily anyway, and when I can't figure out where my mouse cursor is, it makes it even worse. Also in situations where my visual disturbances are at play, I can't change too many of the colors of anything to something that helps me. To my knowledge, there's no high-contrast UI, etc.

Also, I can't seem the audio options to adjust to a point where I can hear voices but not as much background noise and music, without practically muting everything else. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong.

RE: as far as the MOUSE POINTER (and losing it), goes, i have the SAME problem. There is a little application program that GREATLY HELPS with that problem, and it is called "YoloMouse". Google it and install it and set it up while in-game. YOU WILL BE HELPED A LOT with this sweet little tool !!!

Another way to fix this is in the latest update to Windows 10 in the Control Panel or Settings, in mouse settings .... where you can SCALE UP your mouse pointer (it works for the Desktop AND it also works IN GAMES like SWTOR -- as an example i no longer need to use YoloMouse anymore, but before that Windows update, YoloMouse helped me a lot !!!)

Edited by lightningseven

Would there be a way to either make the character moves/legacy/pet/vehicle choice window larger or actually add a scroll bar? I can not use a scroll wheel mouse due to neuropathy and limited mobility in my hands (I use a trackball mouse so I can feel the marble to move it...my fingers can no longer feel a tiny scroll wheel lol)...so I have to get my husband to help me add speeders now on any of my hot bars. That gets a bit tedious when you have 70+ characters on 2 different servers (each...yep that's how much I love this game!) I know it's not critical but would really help with quality of life. Thanks for listening!