Darth Jesus' Agenda

EAFSAMWISE

So I only recently went back through the Imperial Agent story and I'm honestly confused. Darth Jadus makes it clear that he essentially was trying to stage a coup to take over the Empire after crippling/weakening it with the terrorists that he himself funded from the shadows. However, what exactly were his differences with the typical Sith? I seem to recall he favors unleashing chaos on others and making the passions of the Sith order felt throughout the Empire in a more real way. He speaks vaguely of the "democratization of fear." But what exactly does he mean by that? Is he simply one of those renegade Sith like Malgus who is trying to do away with the constraints of Sith tradition that he feels are keeping the Sith and the Empire from reaching its true dark-side potential?

Please explain

Edited by EAFSAMWISE
Typo

He means that he seeks to rule the Empire through imposing fear on everyone, with the fear itself being the objective. A typical Sith motivation would be to use the fear as a means to an end, not as an end in itself.

So in other words he's a lot like the Dread Masters?

I was thrown by the "Darth Jesus" reference for a few seconds until I figured it was an autocorrected Jadus.

The Sith Empire under Darth Jadus could have well fallen into stagnation and atrophy. It seems likely that Jadus would have destroyed his fellow Dark Counselors to enact his hazy "democratization of fear" doctrine. He also did not appear to outwardly fear the Emperor expressing displeasure at this--or of anything else for that matter. He would have brought fear to the Empire via state-sponsored terrorism against his own state. Utterly ludicrous. Now--if his plan had been to use the Eagle for false-flag attacks that would be blamed upon the Republic to declare that the Treaty of Coruscant was now a dead letter, I would have no issue with it, only hoping that the loss of friendly lives would not be excessive.

This wasn't the purpose however. Fear was the ultimate result. Not even fear of Jadus--just fear. Fear of what exactly? Did he want to turn every single Imperial citizen--Sith and non-Sith alike--into new versions of his crazy, broken daughter? Did he want to preside over an Empire of Zhorrids?

Well, I was always siding with Jadus because for me it was like he clearlyis different from other Siths, he also see Empire's weakness and he seems like want to change something even on extreme measure. Okay, I can live without. (I still believe Cerberus from Mass Effect is the rifght side). I really like Jadus as a character, but his plans are either a question mark or I don't agree with them. After reading and rading other's people opinions about that I'm more and more convinced that he is in the end evil (you know, that true evil).

But nevertheless I'd love to see him again. I'd love to see him again as ally for Imperials too, but is he will become an enemy, I'll be okay with that if he'll still be about that strange and bad ideas and plans. (Before I'd say I don't want Jadus as enemy for Imperials)

EDIT: I just realized that my writing is really chaotic and bad xD

Edited by LanceDefender

I was thrown by the "Darth Jesus" reference for a few seconds until I figured it was an autocorrected Jadus.

The Sith Empire under Darth Jadus could have well fallen into stagnation and atrophy. It seems likely that Jadus would have destroyed his fellow Dark Counselors to enact his hazy "democratization of fear" doctrine. He also did not appear to outwardly fear the Emperor expressing displeasure at this--or of anything else for that matter. He would have brought fear to the Empire via state-sponsored terrorism against his own state. Utterly ludicrous. Now--if his plan had been to use the Eagle for false-flag attacks that would be blamed upon the Republic to declare that the Treaty of Coruscant was now a dead letter, I would have no issue with it, only hoping that the loss of friendly lives would not be excessive.

This wasn't the purpose however. Fear was the ultimate result. Not even fear of Jadus--just fear. Fear of what exactly? Did he want to turn every single Imperial citizen--Sith and non-Sith alike--into new versions of his crazy, broken daughter? Did he want to preside over an Empire of Zhorrids?

Right this makes sense. I was basically under the impression he was trying to make Sith teachings and the fear and terror they produce, more of a reality among the general population. Especially if you played the Sith Inquisitor before, you get the impression that the Empire's everyday government and military aren't always on the same page with the Sith. Part of this has to do with Sith traditionalists somewhat separating the Sith from the rest of the Empire in order to protect their "sacredness" or something. The order was a major presence in the Empire but in some ways the Dark Council seemed a bit removed from the everyday workings of it or was content to let the military lead in discipline and with an iron fist. Jadus seems to believe the Dark Council is inept and not truly unleashing the dark-side potential of the Empire in a wholesale way. He strikes me in this regard as similar to the Dread Masters or to Malgus in some ways, I.e. wanting to do away with Sith tradition in order to unleash the full dark side potential of the Empire

Hmmm Darth Jesus. Now that's an idea. :p

All kidding aside though. What I recall is that Watcher 2 states that Jadus' power is 2nd to the Emperor. That being said, in Chapter 2 of KOTFE, Valkorian reflects on that saying basically Jadus was the one sith he respected. I always wondered where he slipped off to if you don't kill him. I don't recall either if you kill him if you choose to fight him in the agent story. It's been too long. But it would have been interesting if he would have been brought back into a future story. I mean I pretty much thought I had killed Malgus years ago but that wasn't the case. I think Jadus was probably more powerful than Malgus, even though Malgus has been getting all the attention as the main bad guy besides the emperor.

Similar to the Emperor's viewpoint, Jadus did see the other sith, particularly the Dark Council as weak.

Edited by Swingkittie

Hmmm Darth Jesus. Now that's an idea. :p

All kidding aside though. What I recall is that Watcher 2 states that Jadus' power is 2nd to the Emperor. That being said, in Chapter 2 of KOTFE, Valkorian reflects on that saying basically Jadus was the one sith he respected. I always wondered where he slipped off to if you don't kill him. I don't recall either if you kill him if you choose to fight him in the agent story. It's been too long. But it would have been interesting if he would have been brought back into a future story. I mean I pretty much thought I had killed Malgus years ago but that wasn't the case. I think Jadus was probably more powerful than Malgus, even though Malgus has been getting all the attention as the main bad guy besides the emperor.

Similar to the Emperor's viewpoint, Jadus did see the other sith, particularly the Dark Council as weak.

In fairness, watcher 2's opinion on Jadus' power is largely irrelevant, she's in no position to judge.

And Valkorian describes him as "the best Sith my Empire ever produced", which considering the source, just means "psycho murderous lunatic on a grand scale"

You can't kill Jadus in the story, he is either escapes or is captured (and escapes later presumably)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Darth Jesus. Lol

My impression was that he wanted to expand the same type of culture Sith are exposed to --- fear/terror --- to non-Sith Imperials. So that with culture would permeate every inch of the Empire, force sensitive or no.

I wonder if he'll return, assuming an Agent either spared his life or submitted to him. I mean if Malgul's back, why not Jadus?