So upset with SW Iokath Pubside story (Because of Quinn)

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Finally playing this on a female pubside SW... Really guys? My choices are to resume a romance I no longer want (My Warrior is with Theron now, and since he actually says more than two words to you after Iokath, I'd rather keep him), or else I have to imprison/kill him? I can't just forgive him? You'd think contextually you'd just have removed either the prison or death options for PC's who romanced him so there would be room for a recruitment without romance or simply releasing him option.. People who romanced him aren't as likely to want him dead after all...

The WORST part is that they make the imprison option about the damn Baras betrayal that I forgave the guy for years ago.. That does not work at all and is just pandering to the Quinn haters upset they didn't get to kill him for that at the time, one overly gruesome death option was enough to make up for that imo.. At the least the imprison option should have been dialogue simply about his other war crimes or some such, not about the Baras stuff. Make the kill option about that... Sucks. You've made my Warrior into a petty idiot now.. And his meek farewell just broke my little heart :(

Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

IINM, in Beta you could kill your companions. (Maybe one of the test runs). Quinn was very poorly written. At a minimum, he should've been shoved out of the airlock after you-know-what happened.

But that was back when we had fewer companions. (Now I've gone from Squad Leader to Company Commander. Still can only exercise control over eight, however. Odd that)

Some companions just don't "fit". (personal preferences aside). Dark Side SI and Ashara (Look, I got what I needed out of her, why can't I shove her out of the airlock too?) Skadge. Quinn. Mako is a tad whiny, I want to tell her - "YOU KNOW WHAT WE DO FOR A LIVING, RIGHT?"

Meh, Quinn is a quandary. My SW kept him around because you never waste a resource, ever. Truthfully, At least he was in Sith Prison instead of just ghosting the Spouse like Elara did! :mad: TBH Iokath was sloppy joe all around, but I have to give some credit to Mr. Boyd that being forced to jack-in PUB vs IMP way earlier than intended did get it going.

I'm just wondering if you joined your faction are you still in charge of Iokath or not? Maybe it became a sentient planet IF SCORPIO still exists?:confused:

IINM, in Beta you could kill your companions. (Maybe one of the test runs). Quinn was very poorly written. At a minimum, he should've been shoved out of the airlock after you-know-what happened.

But that was back when we had fewer companions. (Now I've gone from Squad Leader to Company Commander. Still can only exercise control over eight, however. Odd that)

Some companions just don't "fit". (personal preferences aside). Dark Side SI and Ashara (Look, I got what I needed out of her, why can't I shove her out of the airlock too?) Skadge. Quinn. Mako is a tad whiny, I want to tell her - "YOU KNOW WHAT WE DO FOR A LIVING, RIGHT?"

I find forgiving Quinn very easy on my LS Warrior tbh. Even most of my DS ones are fine with just teaching him a painful lesson. Obviously though, yeah, kill option should have been there from the off.

Meh, Quinn is a quandary. My SW kept him around because you never waste a resource, ever. Truthfully, At least he was in Sith Prison instead of just ghosting the Spouse like Elara did! :mad: TBH Iokath was sloppy joe all around, but I have to give some credit to Mr. Boyd that being forced to jack-in PUB vs IMP way earlier than intended did get it going.

I'm just wondering if you joined your faction are you still in charge of Iokath or not? Maybe it became a sentient planet IF SCORPIO still exists?:confused:

I think it's heavily implied that no, Iokath ends up belonging to the power you side with, not you. The talk of "sharing" begins very early.

I do remember being very miffed at Elara's return on my Trooper too, but that was a while ago so I can't remember details. She basically tells YOU off for not running back to the Republic first thing right? Acts like she had no obligation to come find you, even if you are romanced with her as my Trooper was. That was weird, especially when Jorgan had told a different story about how Elara didn't want to give up on us and ended up reassigned etc. if I'm remembering right

Like I said Iokath is a bit of a mess because: A. people wanted the Rep vs Imp back NOW :rolleyes: They had to cram the machine Gods for the Ops, the Traitor to get rid of...

the Gravestone and the Eternal Fleet

and make sure you can support the other guys if you choose so. The companion returns felt like an afterthought which is not a good thing but again if there is one Dev I actually believe truly loves this game as much as the paycheck it's Mr. Boyd.

I feel Iokath is only rly a big decision since Acina and Malcolm are big empire/republic characters.

Though I honestly cannot wait for this on my new playthrough, as a powertech in the trooper storyline I ll savor both Dorne's and Malcolm reactions when I choose the empire over them

I feel Iokath is only rly a big decision since Acina and Malcolm are big empire/republic characters.

Though I honestly cannot wait for this on my new playthrough, as a powertech in the trooper storyline I ll savor both Dorne's and Malcolm reactions when I choose the empire over them

Yeah, I never did that but had to go watch the reactions on Youtube lol. Wanted to see how the former Havoc commander reacts to ANOTHER one of his successors switching sides

You know I probably woulda resumed the Quinn romance, but I've made that mistake before. Ended a Theron romance with one of my Agents to take Vector back. Regretted that almost immediately lol. He just kinda made me pity him lol. then I realised, damn, I'm never gonna see that dude again now anyway, so thats a waste of a Theron romance I'd been working on since SoR lol...

To me, this is where a lot of my Troopers are faced with a tough choice; their old allies that they fought alongside and called friends and more five years ago, but the Republic that ignored them and whose former-Chancellor actually tried to have them killed to take over the Alliance... or their old enemies, but enemies who were willing to set aside old differences and aid them in a common cause now when it's needed.

That was weird, especially when Jorgan had told a different story about how Elara didn't want to give up on us and ended up reassigned etc. if I'm remembering right

Yeah, but remember what Jorgan also says; that Sareesh and her puppet-successor have spent the last five years ignoring and downplaying the Zakuul threat - despite them curbstombing the rest of the galaxy - to play up 'Fight The Sith Empire! Fight the REAL enemy!' A part of me hates to badmouth Elara, but considering her personal motivations against the Empire, she probably DID expect the Trooper to jump up and come running back to the Republic as soon as they woke up. That and, unlike Jorgan who (having been screwed by the Republic on Ord Mantell all those years ago) had no problem going rogue, she probably thought that leaving her post - especially to join an organization half-formed of Sith and Imperials after she had spent so long trying to prove her loyalty to the Republic - would leave her with no place to go. Never underestimate the need to belong, after all.

You know I probably woulda resumed the Quinn romance, but I've made that mistake before. Ended a Theron romance with one of my Agents to take Vector back. Regretted that almost immediately lol. He just kinda made me pity him lol. then I realised, damn, I'm never gonna see that dude again now anyway, so thats a waste of a Theron romance I'd been working on since SoR lol...

I made that mistake too. My character was too loyal. Spouse returned, resumed the marriage, teary Theron says goodbye. Making it worse the spouse died. I kept hoping and hoping I could resume the romance with Theron, but it doesn't happen. He's still my BFF, but he's lost forever. Character found someone new to get a happy ending at least.

Didn't make that mistake twice. Old romances end. Theron continues.

Wait, this isn't the Love Theron thread. :D

It does feel like a pretty egregious oversight that they left out that option for Republic aligned Sith Warriors, but I guess the Republic only considers "being in love" as a legitimate reasoning for pardoning a prisoner from the Sith Empire. :rolleyes: Edited by OldVengeance

Like I said Iokath is a bit of a mess because: A. people wanted the Rep vs Imp back NOW :rolleyes:

Cry more, it was a poor attempt at a third lane that suffered from its implementation like any idea would. Blaming the poor writing found on that awful planet on people wanting a shift back to something familiar after being stripped of their earned identities is to be willfully ignorant or daft.

I haven't brought any of my female warriors through to Iokath from the loss of will to drag them through the expansions to make choices that are not the (still bad!) default decisions, so I can't comment on how I personally feel about it, but if there is really no choice to just forgive him, like I do in real life because what he did was the most Imperial thing I could expect, then that is disappointing. This actually got me interested in bringing one forward now. Ughhh...

Many times the choices suck.

As far as romance scenes go, at least with Theron we get thrown a bone or two.

Yeah, agreed, I stuck with Theron here instead of getting Quinn back, glad I did. I enjoyed the relationship between him and my Warrior.

I realised something that made me feel like a donkey though. I complained earlier in the thread about how I once wasted an Agent/Theron romance by taking Vector back... Well, if I remember right, Vector returned while Theron was gone with his fake betrayal, thats when I took him back. Weirdly, Theron then appeared in the commanders quarters to break up even though he was meant to be on the run lol. Anyways, when I finished up Nathema on this SW last night, I realised I probably coulda gotten Theron back on that Agent :( With the Warrior I was able to resume the romance and it said "are you sure this will resume romance with Theron and end any others" meaning you were allowed to take other romances in the meanwhile right?... So... Maybe since I only left him while he was gone, I woulda had the opportunity to dump Vector for him again in the end... But what did I do? I left him to die on that toon cos I assumed I was done with him and had no way to get the romance back lol

Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Yeah, agreed, I stuck with Theron here instead of getting Quinn back, glad I did. I enjoyed the relationship between him and my Warrior.

I realised something that made me feel like a donkey though. I complained earlier in the thread about how I once wasted an Agent/Theron romance by taking Vector back... Well, if I remember right, Vector returned while Theron was gone with his fake betrayal, thats when I took him back. Weirdly, Theron then appeared in the commanders quarters to break up even though he was meant to be on the run lol. Anyways, when I finished up Nathema on this SW last night, I realised I probably coulda gotten Theron back on that Agent :( With the Warrior I was able to resume the romance and it said "are you sure this will resume romance with Theron and end any others" meaning you were allowed to take other romances in the meanwhile right?... So... Maybe since I only left him while he was gone, I woulda had the opportunity to dump Vector for him again in the end... But what did I do? I left him to die on that toon cos I assumed I was done with him and had no way to get the romance back lol

Ouch if you made that decision on Nathema, I think that's the end of Theron for that toon. He won't even show up in the future.

That possible death choice is also the dumb reason why Theron has very little screen time compared to his counterpart Lana in the future, which sucks but he still have some screen time here and there compared to most of the class story LIs.

Lesson learned. Don't play the game wrong again. Always bring Theron home! Still, I think the romance was lost forever anyway when you went back to Vector. When I was stupid to let Theron go on a character to return to my Class Companion spouse I couldn't get him back when my spouse died. I found someone else to get the happy ending, but I still miss being with Theron for that character. I have to settle for BFF.

Finally playing this on a female pubside SW... Really guys? My choices are to resume a romance I no longer want (My Warrior is with Theron now, and since he actually says more than two words to you after Iokath, I'd rather keep him), or else I have to imprison/kill him? I can't just forgive him? You'd think contextually you'd just have removed either the prison or death options for PC's who romanced him so there would be room for a recruitment without romance or simply releasing him option.. People who romanced him aren't as likely to want him dead after all...

I have one Warrior romanced to Theron (for research :D) however I was able to welcome Quinn back on her and have him rejoin my team. I wonder why you didn't get this option? Have they changed something?

I have one Warrior romanced to Theron (for research :D) however I was able to welcome Quinn back on her and have him rejoin my team. I wonder why you didn't get this option? Have they changed something?

Same here. My SW romanced Arcann and when I reunited with Quinn, I had the option to break up then welcome him to the Alliance. Quinn is now back on my ship right where he’s always stood.

p.s. I did that only a couple of weeks ago.

Edited by Shaori

I find forgiving Quinn very easy on my LS Warrior tbh. Even most of my DS ones are fine with just teaching him a painful lesson. Obviously though, yeah, kill option should have been there from the off.

The reason the kill option was removed was back in Beta companions only had 1 role they could do. Quinn was the Warriors heal companion. No other companion a warrior got could heal. So people killed quinn in the story, and the complained that they no longer had a healing companion. BW removed Kill options because of that before the game launched.

Edit: they only added kill options for companions back into the game years later, when companions could do any role.

Edited by Toraak