So what do you want?

Templock

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spin up 1 Classic Server on 2.x/3.x in NA. If they have their versions archived, they easily just set it up on the old established patch and separate the DB like the PTS. See how many people join it, they dont even have to develop on it, keep it in maintenance mode lol.

Spin up 1 Classic Server on 2.x/3.x in NA. If they have their versions archived, they easily just set it up on the old established patch and separate the DB like the PTS. See how many people join it, they dont even have to develop on it, keep it in maintenance mode lol.

not sure how viable that would be. they'd still need to patch all of the server/engine updates. as bad as the engine performance is now (with wacked out abilities), it was much worse then with far more tame abilities. also, balance was really wild west. for example, assault vanguard did ridiculous damage and had better survivability than present, and mando dps (and heals) were sitting ducks who were incredibly easy to shutdown via interrupts and lack of mobility (even by 1.x/2.x standards).

EV was a constant nightmare of glitches. and every time one glitch was addressed, it broke something else.

so if, and it's a BIG IF, they can isolate all of these kinds of things and patch them, then I would love to see a "classic" server, but I think that's asking waaaay too much, given how slowly things move in the current/live version of the game.

To be able to romance any of the classic companions and the ones introduced in KOTFE/KOTET or afterwards regardless of class.

Oh and bring back Vailyn as a companion, she deserves it, she's suffered enough.

I think there are several who would agree with this.

Hmmm .. come to think of it. I've got at least one Smuggler who is unattached to anyone. He might just go for Kira ! You never know: A Jedi and a Smuggler ... it could happen !

:D

• More story content that takes our different classes and choices into account
  • More interaction with our old companions
  • That they fix all of the old bugs that people have repeatedly reported for years
  • Hood toggle
  • That they test all cutscenes with all body types (half of my characters don't fit in the picture a lot of times in the new content)

To be able to romance any of the classic companions and the ones introduced in KOTFE/KOTET or afterwards regardless of class.

Yes, please! :cool:

For a proper 10th anniversary?

1. Some fireworks in the mail

2. Some exotic color sparkle powder

3. Some pet I don't care about

4. Maybe some ugly mount

5. Maybe even some free CC, why not

See how easy it is so far...

6. A decent expansion, story-wise, not the "expansion by FP" crap they started doing.

7. Some new WZs to please pvpers

8. Some new ops, fps, to please pvers

9. No ability pruning

10. Hood toggle.

And I think everyone would be happy, mostly.

This please, my Sorc wants to be able to romance Scourge.

This as well.

Especially with the LIs who are NOT called Lana Beniko and who deserve some love too.

Other than that, hm,

- some new species, at least Echani and Zeltron who should be relatively easy to add and would probably please quite a few people. Tholothian would be great as well, but would require more work.

- new hairstyles.

- outfit designer for companions, even if it's just a max of 2-3 outfits / companion, that'd be great.

- a Hyperspace Deep Blue and Light Blue dye module would be great. Currently there's only the Hyperspace Light Blue and Deep Blue, but the reversed color scheme would look great and many dyes have two variants with the colors reversed, but not this one and no other dye has the same shade of blue as the deep blue on that dye, and it being the secondary color there, is hardly visible most of the time while the light blue is often too light and too bright. On that note a Hyperspace Deep Blue and Deep Blue would be great as well.

Then for the less realistic wishes : an option to replay the full story with a character who's already done it, or a possibility to replay all of the cutscenes at the very least would be great, with the companions and the PC appearing as they are right now and not as they were on the first watching of the cutscenes, so kinda like how it is when replaying KOTFEET.

Edited by Goreshaga

Ugh what I would give to be able to play anni 2.8 again.

Allow classes to use different weapons, with minor benefits and drawbacks to mimic the functionality of the weapon. A merc using a rifle could get a small accuracy bonus, and a small penalty to raw damage, calculated out to be the same overall dps. A sin using a single bladed lightsaber could get a small bonus to attacks from stealth, but a penalty to aoe attacks and defense.

There's a million little fun things they could do with that.

They can keep the force powers idea, having the animations based on alignment rather than class. Just like with weapon choice, people have been asking for it for 10 years.

64 bit engine. Dungeons and Dragons Online, Lord of the Rings Online, and Terra all stated out at 32 bit engines and were upgraded to 64 bit years after launch.

I want Pvp rewards to be revamped, to track objective play and reward based on that, and while keeping the win requirements for daily/weeklies, add an option to not que for a single type of mode for regs.

Most of all, I want Bioware to stop chasing mmo trends without first thinking about how features in other games works for them, and if they'd actually add anything of value to SWTOR.

What do you want Bioware to do?

I want to be able to build my own Force user from the ground up and my own Tech user from the ground up. I want classes to go away and a skill point system to be put in place.

Examples:

Force User-

Force tree(light/dark): These two trees are tied to your force alignment meaning you can only go so far up either depending on how your force alignment is in each...

Max dark side required to hit the top of the dark force user tree and the reverse for light side. This would allow for some "Grey" Jedi RP though you would not have max level skills in any specific discipline.

Saber Tree: These are obvious each saber type will have specializations making each better at certain tasks.

Force healing Tree: healing skills

Enhancement tree: buffs/support skills

Tech User would be similar though the force tree would be tech and include grenades/stealth/flamethrowers and similar types of tech combat.

Weapons tree is pretty much the same though its blaster/rifles etc...

This is obviously a huge divergence and is heavily inspired by SWG and honestly many Star Wars characters which learn and develop new skills as part of their journey.

Whatever story you choose dictates your class type "Jedi Guardian" vs "Vanguard Trooper" and so on.

I have no expectation this could ever be done for SWToR.

Edited by Soljin

For a proper 10th anniversary?

1. Some fireworks in the mail

2. Some exotic color sparkle powder

4. Maybe some ugly mount

See how easy it is so far...

6. A decent expansion, story-wise, not the "expansion by FP" crap they started doing.

7. Some new WZs to please pvpers

8. Some new ops, fps, to please pvers

9. No ability pruning

10. Hood toggle.

And I think everyone would be happy, mostly.

I support this.

And I think we can have Combat Stances and Loadouts too ---

Its the Ability Pruning that's got a No Vote from me, particularly after seeing that cockroach Theron Shan inexplicably pop-up in my cutscene again when he's not supposed to be anywhere in a 1000 light years of me (if Satel Shan still wants to wish for Grandchildren)

Edited by Kass

There's a handful of little things, to be sure, all the way down to trivia like 'make a drums emote that spools like /kloo and /xantha and /sing, for crying out loud!'

One big but (I think) doable project would be PVE GSF. Even just a few ground-attack missions so one can practice flying and shooting without being thrown into the shark tank with the top-geared pros. The dream, of course, would be the equivalent of heroics or even FPs, but I like to spread out my 'six impossible things before breakfast.'

A few things that I'd like to see that it seems wouldn't involve very difficult/expensive changes:

- An individual 'guild ship' - in other words, a floating stronghold we can decorate, take with us to any planet, and easily invite others to. Smaller and cheaper then a full guild cruiser, of course, but our original ship is pretty much useless and made obsolete with all the transport options.

- Make it easy to bring others along for ALL KOTFE/ET MISSIONS, the same way you can in the original class stories. I know two people among my small circle of friends who quit the game largely because of this sudden restriction on being able to play with friends. (I haven't tried to join anyone in these for a few years, but it used to take some stupid hoop-jumping just to lend a hand. If they've fixed this already, then nevermind, ha!)

In case it isn't obvious, I'm not really interested, impressed, or depressed by potential class/ability changes, THe idea of being able to use alternate weapons is nice, but rolling in a big overhaul? I'll probably just do a lot of eyerolling and trying to figure out what they screwed up this time.

Edited by Lord_Thorne

One big but (I think) doable project would be PVE GSF. Even just a few ground-attack missions so one can practice flying and shooting without being thrown into the shark tank with the top-geared pros
Yeah that's what people have been asking for since they announced GSF. They seem very keen to get people to do it (conquest rewards are always at the top point wise), but it is a shark tank indeed.

A reason to play the game other than stats. No interesting or unique loot drops in game its all just stat components. Anything worth having is packaged and placed for sale on the market.

Every time I start playing or return to an MMO the first thing I do is look for the newest coolest items that I want to spend time acquiring (Mounts, Armor, weapons) in SWTOR I check the market...and then realize there is nothing to work towards in SWToR other than stats...Stats that will get you closer to that cool armor you wanted....oh wait that armor doesnt exist in the SWToR model its for sale on the market.

Honestly if they don't keep the story content coming in volumes this games model just falls on its face...they removed everything of interest and just straight put it up for sale...

Unless they actually change the current combat system to provide more flexibility and diversity then its just another cookie cutter build system.

So my realistic answer is...More story.

Edited by Soljin

So my realistic answer is...More story.

The real question is does EA believe in "STORY" vs "Story" vs "story" vs "something something darkside"?

Because the pre-mergered Bioware was all about "STORY"...

Post Merger we got "Story"...

Now we have FP "story"

If the story for a STORY game gets any smaller, then what are actually playing?

Because there isn't enough open world sandbox to allow for player created emergent game play content unless you're in a heavy RP Guild?

Edited by Kass

The real question is does EA believe in "STORY" vs "Story" vs "story" vs "something something darkside"?

Because the pre-mergered Bioware was all about "STORY"...

Post Merger we got "Story"...

Now we have FP "story"

If the story for a STORY game gets any smaller, then what are actually playing?

Because there isn't enough open world sandbox to allow for player created emergent game play content unless you're in a heavy RP Guild?

I'd take original KOTOR type story writing and the character build system. Please for the love of Bantha PooDoo no more Tenebrae/Vitiate or any other version of him/it.

Things already mentioned that I would like:

Yes please! I resent that Bioware broke their word and didn't make all companions available to all characters. And there are a number of companions that I believe would work well as playersexual (Looking at you Quinn & Vector!) I'd also like to see more non-romanceable companions become available to romance (I know you love me Talos!)

• That they fix all of the old bugs that people have repeatedly reported for years
  • Hood toggle

Are you me? Seriously, that's my top 4!

4. Maybe some ugly mount

I'm fond of free fluff, except fireworks and sparkle power. Put it all on the anniversary vendor so I can pick and choose and not have even more mail.

The story flashpoints come across to me as a weak compromise. Bioware knows they have to keep adding story, but they don't really want to, so they jam it into an unsatisfying flashpoint and call it a day.

- new hairstyles.

- outfit designer for companions, even if it's just a max of 2-3 outfits / companion, that'd be great.

Then for the less realistic wishes : an option to replay the full story with a character who's already done it, or a possibility to replay all of the cutscenes at the very least would be great, with the companions and the PC appearing as they are right now and not as they were on the first watching of the cutscenes, so kinda like how it is when replaying KOTFEET.

I'd rather have more customizations for existing species. Nautolan were so badly done, I don't want another butchered species.

As much as I'd like to replay cutscenes, I'd settle for story progress notes like KotFE+ content has. Who did they romance? Who did they kill? The major stuff. It's been nearly 10 years since some of my characters did their class stories and it gets hard to remember!

Please for the love of Bantha PooDoo no more Tenebrae/Vitiate or any other version of him/it.

The dead need to stay dead. All of them. Constantly bringing the dead back to life just comes across as creative bankruptcy.

Not mentioned by others:

-Weapons designer. Seriously. Bioware has been talking about it for years. Make it so!

-A way to get back old class gear. (And to get the starter gear that got added in long after most of my characters were made.) And/or convert old class gear to legacy.

-Dye slots for all of the armor that doesn't have them. Yes, I still resent the "bug fix" that removed our ability to dye those pieces in outfit designer stamps.

-"Claim all" buttons in collections for mounts, pets, emotes, titles and flairs.

-Lots of love for strongholds. Considering they are cash cows, I would think they deserve to be treated as more than an afterthought.

I'd take original KOTOR type story writing and the character build system. Please for the love of Bantha PooDoo no more Tenebrae/Vitiate or any other version of him/it.

You know since you brought it up I've been wondering...

Was the entire KotFE/KotET arc meant to explore what the Exile went in search of?

It sure seems like it in hindsight, but I don't think I ever read or saw anything that explicitly said it was???

You know since you brought it up I've been wondering...

Was the entire KotFE/KotET arc meant to explore what the Exile went in search of?

It sure seems like it in hindsight, but I don't think I ever read or saw anything that explicitly said it was???

It seems like the obvious assumption but I haven't seen a definitive confirmation.

Edited by Soljin

• Hood toggle

This for me too!! Also I would love to see a toggle for flirt dialogue that gives the non flirt alternative instead. I am sick of being stuck with only two extreme options because a good middle ground option is taken by a 'flirt' with someone I don;t want to flirt with!

Also would love to see some more divergent paths. Instead of forcing every character regardless of personality and background down the same nerrow street (story) that some would never even go if it wasn;t for some out of character reason someone pushing them down it. Expansions like strands of a web that can branch out but come together at points instead of tacking on more of the same restrictive crap at the end of a long already very restrictive railroad. (sorry if my metaphors are confusing, but sometimes hard for me to explain things otherwise)

Edited by OdanBaruq

It seems like the obvious assumption but I haven't seen a definitive confirmation.

Missed marketing opportunity if you ask me.

Now I played it and thoroughly enjoyed it - sad I couldn't Forcewalker bend Valkorian's/Tenebrae's Force Ghost to my will but no complaints really.

But had they blasted from the roof tops that the Eternal Empire was connected to what the Exile went in search of, I have to wonder if many KOTOR 2 fans would have come running to play SWTOR?

Guess we will never know. Sad.