System Requirements?

geekrocker

So I've been trying to play again lately and my framerate is absolute crap. Here's what I'm running with.

Processor: AMD A4-7300 APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 3.80 GHz

RAM: 8 GB

System Type: 64-bit OS, x64-based processor.

Is my system the problem? Or could there be something else messing with my FPS?

I'm just starting to learn about hardware and stuff >.> I'm not too proud to admit that all of that went over my head.

Is there anything I can do to improve performance without purchasing new hardware? I recently bought by current video card and would rather not spend more. I also do still have my old one, if the issue is that the rest of my system can't support the new one?

Edited by geekrocker

I'm just starting to learn about hardware and stuff >.> I'm not too proud to admit that all of that went over my head.

Basically the integrated gpu which is part of the APU (CPU) is crap, a separate performance video card will help a bit.

If you want to stay AMD and you can afford it, grab a Radeon Rx 460 (best bang for buck)

The Rx 460 is the latest graphics card from AMD and is 100% directX 12 and vulkan compatible. (benchmark link)

Spending any more money and it will be wasting money on this system and recommend a complete upgrade i'm afraid as the CPU is low end to start with.

Edited by OwenBrooks

I recently bought by current video card and would rather not spend more.

Which video card did you purchase ? this CPU has a RADEON R3 ,

I'd rather not have to get a whole new system, but it seems like I may be headed that way. Which is... more disheartening than you can imagine for me atm.

You don't have to......

What you currently have is integrated GPU on CPU chip. All you would need to do is get actual video card.

Omg thank you so much. My power settings were on the lowest. I put them on high performance, and it's like I got a new computer.

Good to hear.

Other things you can do to get a little more jam out is to make sure your aren't running anything else when you play SWTOR, especially stuff like virus scan software (which has a nasty habit of turning on and interfering when you don't want it to)

At this point, your best bet is probably wait until later this year when the Ryzen 5s (or even a higher end Ryzen 3 would probably do wonders) come out.

Omg thank you so much. My power settings were on the lowest. I put them on high performance, and it's like I got a new computer.

Welcome, yes a dedicated video card will work with this computer, say grab a Radeon Rx 460 if need to now

See how it performs now with the high performance power option setting, if you find it good enough, may not be so critical to upgrade at present :)

May The Force Be With You

Edited by OwenBrooks

• 4 years later...