Arsenal damage

Crazykidddd

I think we can all agree it does the worst damage in the game, yes?

I can understand it being a cc heavy class and therefore giving it loads of dmg would make it op however some buffs are certainly needed.

One of the obvious ones is you need to make the AoE Heatseekers hit secondary targets for at least half damage, as you see on so many other classes. That 1/4 BS does nothing, its laughable, you can spam AoE attacks all match and think youre gona do great numbers and end up with like 8k dps.

Also we need a much more reliable priming shot. Currently the main tacticals for Arsenal are centered around priming shot, which is trash bcs it misses so often, and if it does, your already low dps becomes complete trash.

Either give arsenal an inherent 5% accuracy buff in the skill tree, or work on making its other abilities hit harder.

I think Heatseeker missiles should be hitting for much more than it currently does. Being one of the spec's main abilities, having a relatively long cd and hitting for only a bit more than other class' fillers is a joke. Gotta find a way to buff it, maybe make it an auto crit every time it hits a target that has your tracer missile debuff, or up the dmg increase from 25% to 50% when hitting a target that has the debuff.

Also for an ability that hits so low and has such a garbage accuracy roll, I think Blazing bolts should be getting a solid 10% dmg increase.

Edited by Crazykidddd

• 1 month later...
I think we can all agree it does the worst damage in the game, yes?

I can understand it being a cc heavy class and therefore giving it loads of dmg would make it op however some buffs are certainly needed.

One of the obvious ones is you need to make the AoE Heatseekers hit secondary targets for at least half damage, as you see on so many other classes. That 1/4 BS does nothing, its laughable, you can spam AoE attacks all match and think youre gona do great numbers and end up with like 8k dps.

Also we need a much more reliable priming shot. Currently the main tacticals for Arsenal are centered around priming shot, which is trash bcs it misses so often, and if it does, your already low dps becomes complete trash.

Either give arsenal an inherent 5% accuracy buff in the skill tree, or work on making its other abilities hit harder.

I think Heatseeker missiles should be hitting for much more than it currently does. Being one of the spec's main abilities, having a relatively long cd and hitting for only a bit more than other class' fillers is a joke. Gotta find a way to buff it, maybe make it an auto crit every time it hits a target that has your tracer missile debuff, or up the dmg increase from 25% to 50% when hitting a target that has the debuff.

Also for an ability that hits so low and has such a garbage accuracy roll, I think Blazing bolts should be getting a solid 10% dmg increase.

I agree. This recent merc/mando "buff" has not done anything noticeable. I was a main Arsenal/Gunnery in 6.0 that was able to do timed runs and do a decent amount of NiM raiding. That is no longer the case in 7.1. Only the best of the people that play Innovative Ordinance can still do HM/NiM content at this point. The start of the Arsenal downfall is when they took away the 25% damage increase from unload/blazing bolts with the special utility with a name that I don't remember right now. I wish this thread would get noticed by a lot more people including developers but that is highly unlikely. Even more unlikely is that this severe class imbalance gets fixed.