Carnage marauder and Arsenal Merc

HakunaMatahtaah

These are the two specs I play most often. I've played them for years, and I play them well (though not a top dps player, I am a hm player). I prefer burst specs. But even in full 330 gear, on point with no mistakes in the rotations, I can't get close to the numbers some people are putting out just messing around on specs like Vengeance jug or Fury marauder. Someone who knows their rotation on an Assassin, Sorc, sniper or operative can also easily outstrip arsenal or carnage. I'm using all best in slot, tactical, implants and relics. I've switched things around and switched things up, and I can't compete. I'm hearing from other players not to bother with these specs cause they're so weak. But the thing is, I shouldn't HAVE to play a different spec. I should be able to continue playing the ones I like and have comparable numbers.

So my question is - when is this going to be fixed? IS IT going to be fixed? when are we going to get some balance back? This is definitely the kind of thing that makes me not want to play. I am sure I am not the only person who prefers these specs who might feel the same way. Can we have this in some way addressed please.

It's frustrating. How hard can it be to tweak a couple of abilities to increase dps for these classes without increasing burst too much. People aren't demanding massive reworks, just a bit more dps so numbers are closer to the average and these specs become viable.

It's frustrating. How hard can it be to tweak a couple of abilities to increase dps for these classes without increasing burst too much. People aren't demanding massive reworks, just a bit more dps so numbers are closer to the average and these specs become viable.

You realise the top dps class throws autocrits at you?

Fury is a burst spec.

Edited by Gyronamics

• 2 weeks later...

Hardnesses level 1

Biodadys willingness to make any changes 0

They just need to change base damage values for every class it might take 8 hours of work at a slow pace.

Two days ago, I signed up for a HM KP run on my Fury Mara. Upon seeing my class, the raid leader whispered me to ask what my spec was. When I told him Fury, he said, verbatim, “Good. If you said Carnage, I’d have to tell you to respec or kick you.”

Last week, I went on a HM EV run on my Arsenal Merc. I knew it would be rough, but I figured that I knew my spec, I could do my rotation in my sleep, and I’ve done plenty of HM Ops before. When we failed to kill Garj before enrage the third time in a row, the raid leader said he was kicking me because the group needed more dps, despite me hitting my rotation perfectly and having a higher item rating than 3/4 of the group.

That’s where we are now. These specs are so bad that their mere presence constitutes an auto-kick from Ops runs.

And you know the worst part? It’s not a deficit that can be overcome with an S-tier rotation, BiS gear from head to toe, or knowing your class well enough to play it blindfolded. It’s a sheer mechanical disadvantage that comes from the raw damage numbers, and there’s not a damn thing any player can do about it.

I’m a firm believer in the idea that there are no bad classes, only bad players. Even if you have to drown in sweat and bash your keyboard like an epileptic chimpanzee, it should be possible to make any class work. But this time, no. Carnage/Combat and Arsenal/Gunnery are just fundamentally bad right now.

Edited by Enticy

Two days ago, I signed up for a HM KP run on my Fury Mara. Upon seeing my class, the raid leader whispered me to ask what my spec was. When I told him Fury, he said, verbatim, “Good. If you said Carnage, I’d have to tell you to respec or kick you.”

Last week, I went on a HM EV run on my Arsenal Merc. I knew it would be rough, but I figured that I knew my spec, I could do my rotation in my sleep, and I’ve done plenty of HM Ops before. When we failed to kill Garj before enrage the third time in a row, the raid leader said he was kicking me because the group needed more dps, despite me hitting my rotation perfectly and having a higher item rating than 3/4 of the group.

That’s where we are now. These specs are so bad that their mere presence constitutes an auto-kick from Ops runs.

And you know the worst part? It’s not a deficit that can be overcome with an S-tier rotation, BiS gear from head to toe, or knowing your class well enough to play it blindfolded. It’s a sheer mechanical disadvantage that comes from the raw damage numbers, and there’s not a damn thing any player can do about it.

I’m a firm believer in the idea that there are no bad classes, only bad players. Even if you have to drown in sweat and bash your keyboard like an epileptic chimpanzee, it should be possible to make any class work. But this time, no. Carnage/Combat and Arsenal/Gunnery are just fundamentally bad right now.

While I agree that they are bad for PvE atm, arsenal merc is fine very much fine for gharj. Pretty sure 22k to 23k should be the usual arsenal parse there if you do everything correct, I reach 22.4k with many mistakes so I don't see how that boss would enrage if you play clean, or at least not why they would kick you if you that much dps.

Merc is pretty hard to balance now, it sucks in PvE but it does quite ok, maybe a little lower dmg in pvp and arenas but its high survivability makes it a well rounded class. Carnage not so much, carnage just sucks from every PoV and in every aspect I can think of :D

While I agree that they are bad for PvE atm, arsenal merc is fine very much fine for gharj. Pretty sure 22k to 23k should be the usual arsenal parse there if you do everything correct, I reach 22.4k with many mistakes so I don't see how that boss would enrage if you play clean, or at least not why they would kick you if you that much dps.

Merc is pretty hard to balance now, it sucks in PvE but it does quite ok, maybe a little lower dmg in pvp and arenas but its high survivability makes it a well rounded class. Carnage not so much, carnage just sucks from every PoV and in every aspect I can think of :D

The problem is carnage is also very hard to kill in pvp. So what they need to do is:

> buff merc damage significantly in exchange for something else offensive (like, say, net)

> buff carnage damage

> nerf mara defensives (because they aren't spec dependent)

But none of this will happen because that's more than one step which puts it way above their pay grade.

That’s the thing. I know the problem wasn’t me. But the spec is in such bad shape as compared to stuff like Fury, Madness, and Vengeance that I, as the sole Arsenal Merc in the group, was automatically assumed to be the problem and no one disagreed.

Merc is not hard to balance. There is evidence they simply don't give a damn.

Merc healer got a defensive buff for 7.0 and is much behind operative but slightly above sorc healer.

That's the same defensives that every merc spec has (as long as they drop mobility to take them).

If it made any sense then making merc healer tougher and still having competitive healing wouldn't be a thing.

Edited by Gyronamics

Well I was playing onderon just now. Fully geared, 330 Carnage marauder, and pre 7.0 with full 306 and a Decent of the fearless set, I know for a certainty I was hitting 47-51k on devastating blast and vicious throw, roughly 30k on gore, and hitting 2 or 3 18k crits on massacre. Now, I am lucky if I get 30k on devastating blast and 37k was the highest crit on vicious throw, though more often hitting 21k. You can't tell me that hasn't been nerfed. I still do HM's on Carnage and Arsenal, but I can't hit the same numbers, and I used to always sit on first or second place for dps on just about any run I did. I can switch to fury, roll my face on the keyboard and hit 25k.

SMH. Fix it, devs. I want a chance to hit hard on my classes, just like anyone else. I shouldn't have to change spec just cause you're being lazy.