Can a zabrak be a mandalorian?

McAzil

I created a Zabrak-female character, and now I think that for playing the Mandalorian, she is not very suitable. Even if so, If it is worthy, she may be called a Mandalorian. But what to do with the helmet? Even if there are not so many horns and they are not so long, can they fit in a helmet calmly and painlessly? This question worries me. Initially, when creating the Zabrak, I did not think that I would ultimately want to make her a Mandalorian , but now I do.

My brain keeps telling me that it would be better to create a character of the race 'human'. But the Zabrak are a warlike race, and I think they deserve to be Mandalorians (if they deserve). But still, my brain again worries and does not allow me to play normally (

I love this character. And I don't want to change race or delete. I just want to know what others think. Thank you)

Of course you can be a Mandalorian. It's a question of who you are and what organisation you're a member of, not your choice in helmets. (Anything in the series that implies otherwise can be blamed on events during the 3642 years that passed between the opening moments of a start-at-1 character's journey and the Battle of Yavin in ANH.)

As for whether the Mando-type helmets are usable on a Zab without the horns clipping through, I'd say that it's worth finding some cheap ones and seeing what happens. The horns count as part of your hairstyle, and it's almost unheard-of for hair to clip through helmets. (There's a few hoods that get clip-through with the tall mohawk styles, but no helmets.)

As for whether the Mando-type helmets are usable on a Zab without the horns clipping through, I'd say that it's worth finding some cheap ones and seeing what happens. The horns count as part of your hairstyle, and it's almost unheard-of for hair to clip through helmets. (There's a few hoods that get clip-through with the tall mohawk styles, but no helmets.)

As far as I can remember, they don't clip out, although I've not tried them with the new models. They could try previewing them, although I know sometimes the preview isn't the same as live one.

Race does not matter to the Mandalorian people. If you follow their creed and pull your own weight you can become a Mandalorian. The ability for anyone to become Mandalorian is one facet of the culture that has remained constant throughout the SW universe pre and post-Disney.

in fact, I'm pretty sure there are Zabrak Mandalorian personnel decorations for the strongholds.

Thank you all for your answers!

I knew that only honor and dignity mattered to the Mandalorians. It's just that in the game, wearing helmets is strange for some race. Twi'leks can wear helmets and their lekku disappears. It looks strange, not how we would like.

So I was overcome with doubts about helmets and zabraks.

But now i know how it works.

Thanks again)

This is the way!

Lore wise, anyone not a current Mandalorian can be Mandalorian. Zabraks, Hutts, even Wookies... As long as they fit the ideology of being Mando'ade and are recognized/adopted by a current Mandalorian... Higher rank the Mandalorian is, the better credibility you'll receive.

Aesthetically, my opinion, any bipedal humanoid that can wear some sort of rebreather fit the billet... (Taungs aside). I've seen some cool "Mando" outfits, in game, that don't use traditional helmets. Just normal rebreathers that are usually associated with Sith Warriors/Inquisitors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My Mandalorian Bounty Hunter in game is a Zabrak, I haven't had any problems with helmets that I have noticed.

Although he's male and the republic (Iridonian) version of Zabrak (unlocked through legacy). Not sure that matters though. I think the helmets may be big enough that there is no clipping or the game engine treats the horns like hair and hides them when a helmet is worn. Technically they do fall into the hair category option in character creation.

As for mental rp which I like to do, I kinda imagine maybe the inside of his helmet is designed with some sort of supporting structure to fit around the horns.

Edited by OdanBaruq