Content Creation and SWTOR

Hyperstrike

HI forum,

Hope you're all doing well and staying safe with everything going on in these crazy times.

I just wanted to get some clarification around creating content for Star Wars: The Old Republic, and what we can/can't do while creating videos or broadcasting/livestreaming the game.

For some context, I'm primarily a livestreamer on YouTube where the content ID system is an absolute party and a half to deal with. I've streamed on Twitch for the last four or five years, while they take copyright infringement seriously, there are some exceptions and concessions granted under various circumstances (example: Killing Floor 2's soundtrack can be played within the game, as long as KF2 is being streamed).

What I'm after is a some proven, verifiable/confirmed "can do" and "cannot" things around streaming/creating videos for SWTOR - just so I know what to avoid and what is safe etc.

If other experienced content creators could chime in, that'd be great. Or even a community manager/dev would be great to get some clarification from.

Cheers!

I'm not a content creator myself (my Pubside vanity guild is called <Bande d'Incapables> == <Bunch of Incompetents> for a reason(1), and I wouldn't want to inflict that on viewers), but what I would recommend is sending a forum Private Message to user JackieKo == Jackie Ko, the newest member of the Community Management team. That way, you *know* she will see it.

(1) Well, there are actually two reasons. One is the obvious one (that I wouldn't want to inflict on viewers), and the other is that it's a line said by the end boss in the Windmill Basement lowbie dungeon in Runes of Magic.

I would recommend is sending a forum Private Message to user JackieKo == Jackie Ko, the newest member of the Community Management team. That way, you *know* she will see it.

Not a fan of sliding in the DMs of community managers - they have enough to deal with hah.

it's a line said by the end boss in the Windmill Basement lowbie dungeon in Runes of Magic.

Man, that's a throwback...

Not a fan of sliding in the DMs of community managers - they have enough to deal with hah.

It's OK, handling this sort of request, especially about content creation rules, is part of their jobs. I would really encourage you to go for it. (You're part of the community they are managing, after all, and you want to do stuff that will promote the game. That says to me that asking Jackie is entirely reasonable.)

Man, that's a throwback...

Yeah. I have some amusing memories of that time.