Please don't REMOVE any more content

Darth_Sidewinder

This is not a suggestion per se, it is an anti-suggestion: but a fairly easy one to keep, I think!

The most important thing is: if something IS already in the game, please, please don't remove it. Especially as far as story is concerned.

I mean for example the Heroic mission dialogues. Okay! I understand the wish to speed it up, thus removing the final dialogue. I disagree, but whatever. (Although I am sure there would have been a way to make them "holocallable" upon completion or something.) But what is defying all logic is removing the mission givers themselves, such as on Ord Mantell. If somebody wants, they can pick it up from the terminal, but they also may want to pick it up from the person, so give them that option! The story is an essential part of SWTOR, so DON'T REMOVE THE STORY.

The same goes for the specialization missions on the fleet, where you were picking up your class specialization. Ok, that was a question of replacing the whole system, although putting the specialization to level 1, in my opinion, took away a lot of character development. Importantly also because it involved some dialogue. I understand it didn't always work and people specialized without talking to the trainers first, but at least that option should have remained there. Not everybody needs to use it, but it should be there for those who want to! (For example: there are the trainer missions at the starting planets, nobody also forces the players to do those missions, but it's nice to have them. I hope next step isn't removing those, by the way.)

And is it just me, or have you also removed the reports when your companions return from certain crew skill missions? It used to sometimes say something related to the "story" of what they did, now, it just says "companion X returned and completed the mission". If it is really gone, I don't understand why. That was there and wasn't really in the way of anything, was it? And if you stop adding it with new missions, fine, but keep it with the old ones!

That should be the general rule for everything: keep the stuff that is there. If it is not being straightaway replaced by something else, keep it around.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not a suggestion per se, it is an anti-suggestion: but a fairly easy one to keep, I think!

The most important thing is: if something IS already in the game, please, please don't remove it. Especially as far as story is concerned.

I mean for example the Heroic mission dialogues. Okay! I understand the wish to speed it up, thus removing the final dialogue. I disagree, but whatever. (Although I am sure there would have been a way to make them "holocallable" upon completion or something.) But what is defying all logic is removing the mission givers themselves, such as on Ord Mantell. If somebody wants, they can pick it up from the terminal, but they also may want to pick it up from the person, so give them that option! The story is an essential part of SWTOR, so DON'T REMOVE THE STORY.

The same goes for the specialization missions on the fleet, where you were picking up your class specialization. Ok, that was a question of replacing the whole system, although putting the specialization to level 1, in my opinion, took away a lot of character development. Importantly also because it involved some dialogue. I understand it didn't always work and people specialized without talking to the trainers first, but at least that option should have remained there. Not everybody needs to use it, but it should be there for those who want to! (For example: there are the trainer missions at the starting planets, nobody also forces the players to do those missions, but it's nice to have them. I hope next step isn't removing those, by the way.)

And is it just me, or have you also removed the reports when your companions return from certain crew skill missions? It used to sometimes say something related to the "story" of what they did, now, it just says "companion X returned and completed the mission". If it is really gone, I don't understand why. That was there and wasn't really in the way of anything, was it? And if you stop adding it with new missions, fine, but keep it with the old ones!

That should be the general rule for everything: keep the stuff that is there. If it is not being straightaway replaced by something else, keep it around.

/signed. taking content away is not how it works BW

Yeah I miss the old planetary vendors that had the orange gears and weapons, and drop loot from the old flash points and they even removed the rewards from shadow of revan where you go in and kill revan.....good times that never come back. Edited by Swook
Missspell

You're fighting a lost war.

The old game doesn't exist anymore.

Fortunately there's still a lot to enjoy, but be prepared for something else to disappear in the name of "streamlining".

You're fighting a lost war.

The old game doesn't exist anymore.

Fortunately there's still a lot to enjoy, but be prepared for something else to disappear in the name of "streamlining".

Well, I am not giving up that fight. I hope they still listen to us. Because seriously, there is nothing, NOTHING they get by removing content. If they want to draw in more players, there are all the options and possibilities that do not require taking away existing stuff.

I am not crying over the old game. But I am trying to make it clear that there are steps that should NOT be taken - granted, something I could have said years ago, but it didn't occur to me that the developers could actually start removing content in the first place.

Yeah I miss the old planetary vendors that had the orange gears and weapons, and drop loot from the old flash points and they even removed the rewards from shadow of revan where you go in and kill revan.....good times that never come back.

I'm still angry about them removing the old planetary vendors and Flashpoint loot. Just why BW? What did you all gain from removing those?

I agree. I don't get the reasoning behind removing assets that have already been created and baked into the game.

1. Create and implement content.

2. Remove that content because raiders and pvpers couldn't space bar it fast enough.

3. Profit?

I never understood the reasoning of "doing more in less time". This almost sounds like not pushing but rather kicking people to the top (read : currentöly level 70) as fast as possible.

From a business point of vierw I hate to say that keeping people longer in the game ( via / by micromanagement, for example ) would bring more profits, I think.

I'm still angry about them removing the old planetary vendors and Flashpoint loot. Just why BW? What did you all gain from removing those?

Yes, that is exactly what I am talking about.

That said, unless I am mistaken, there are STILL those vendors who used to sell "planetary" items stationed on the origin planets and on the capital planets, only they no longer sell anything and if you click them, it says "error". Okay, so Bioware removed the stuff, and then left the vendors there, not only with nothing to sell, but with looking like they still might sell something and giving an error message? And they have been standing there for several years. That goes completely over my head.

While at the same time, for example Sergeant Travi Pott (the quest giver for one of the Heroic missions) disappeared without trace, except she is still listed in the quest description, and there is no logical reason why. Ok, you could have at least left her standing there or something, if you have the vendors who don't do anything.

Mess. Pure mess. Why?

Speaking of vendors, the random equipment you could buy on the planets (light, medium vendors etc) - mostly gone as well. Why? Nobody forces players to buy that. Yes, it is worse than what they probably wear. But so what? Why remove it? Nobody is going to buy it, but if somebody wants, they can! It actually happened to me a few (rare) times that I WANTED to buy something because I lacked a helmet or whatnot. I don't get removing stuff at all.

I never understood the reasoning of "doing more in less time". This almost sounds like not pushing but rather kicking people to the top (read : currentöly level 70) as fast as possible.

From a business point of vierw I hate to say that keeping people longer in the game ( via / by micromanagement, for example ) would bring more profits, I think.

Well, I think the logic is to have people get the chance to play the new (post-lvl 60) content ASAP. But in my opinion, the key would be rather to give people simply free slots, or simply straightaway free choice to start at level 60 or whatever. That way, those who want to skip the original class content (maybe because they played it many times) can, but those who don't won't be influenced by this new system at all.

This is, in my opinion, what should have been done. And not mess up existing stuff.

Well, I think the logic is to have people get the chance to play the new (post-lvl 60) content ASAP. But in my opinion, the key would be rather to give people simply free slots, or simply straightaway free choice to start at level 60 or whatever. That way, those who want to skip the original class content (maybe because they played it many times) can, but those who don't won't be influenced by this new system at all.

Skipping the original content and going straight to the KOTET is like skipping the birthday cake just to blow out the candles. All the fun and immersiveness is in the original leveling worlds, makeb, illum.

I could not agree more with this post. It really bothers me when I go into an area, where I know there used to be more content, and it is no longer there. Like the Heroics with the three part bonus that have been removed. And I worked a Vanguard the other day, and I could swear there was a mission on Ord Mantell that involved wading out to a fortress-like island, not the Heroics. It bothers me that my head swears the content was there, but it is like chasing shadows, something is wrong, but I just can't quite picture what it is in many cases. Does anybody else remember the mission I am talking about here?

They removed the Heroic Mission NPCs?!

This is ridiculous! Stop removing content, Bioware! It was stupid enough when you removed many of the flashpoint couriers on Fleet. Then you removed the White Acute Module, giving players no choice but to overlevel content, if they wanted to play through everything and not just the class and planet arc missions. You made it so your abilities autolevel up instead of having to visit a trainer to do it. This also makes overleveling content too easy…and don't tell me level shifting addresses this, it doesn't! Level shifting only addressed mobs not attacking players that had leveled over content. You also buffed companions to such ridiculous amounts you can just send them to fight for you and do nothing and took away their unique abilities. Those cookie-cutter abilities could've been added while still retaining the abilities for the original class! I'm pretty sure you removed the messages from when a crew member rolled a crit on a crew/gathering mission. I haven't seen those in ages. Those really added to the immersion. Then you removed the specialization trainers. Again, you removed more content and immersion. This is an MMO, is it not? MMOs are all about immersion. Why remove stuff that already existed and added to the game? It makes absolutely no sense. Stop forcing us to play the game one way and just let us play and enjoy the damn game the way we want to. Many of these things could probably be options in the settings. If one can enable/disable exploration missions, why not most of this stuff?

I started playing just before 4.0 was released, and I noticed some things missing then that I was told I missed out on or saw in videos and I felt cheated out of that immersion. Stop robbing players of that choice.

• Flashpoint Couriers
  • Nerf Companions
  • Level up/Learn Abilities by Visiting Trainer Option
  • Companions' Unique Ability Sets for Their Original Class
  • White Acute Module
  • Crew/Gathering Mission Crit Roll Debrief Messages
  • Specialization Trainer Conversations
  • Heroic Mission NPC Conversations (Starting and Completing)

Bring it all back...please!

All of it.

Edited by Tofu_Shark

They removed the Heroic Mission NPCs?!

Fortunately just a few of them. But that said, I hope they won't remove anything else!!!

Otherwise, you summed it all up pretty well! That's what I meant to say.

I could not agree more with this post. It really bothers me when I go into an area, where I know there used to be more content, and it is no longer there. Like the Heroics with the three part bonus that have been removed. And I worked a Vanguard the other day, and I could swear there was a mission on Ord Mantell that involved wading out to a fortress-like island, not the Heroics. It bothers me that my head swears the content was there, but it is like chasing shadows, something is wrong, but I just can't quite picture what it is in many cases. Does anybody else remember the mission I am talking about here?

Yes, it's the Savrip island stuff. They are still there, but you get them only from the mission box next to the spaceport. I seriously, absolutely don't understand why they removed even the mision givers in this particular case. Also for purely practical reasons: because the mission givers were quite well-positioned, but the box is in such a place that you are going to find it only as you are leaving the planet, and not anytime before, as it is quite out of the way - you have no reason to wander anywhere close near it.

i will lend my hand to the cause, as well (/tip hat to the Jedi Robe guy). i spent a lot of time trying to figure out what i was missing here and there as i was working on new toons. first it was the map thing. ok, click that box. it took me a while to realize that some of the heroic quest givers were gone as well. at least i know i wasnt remembering wrong and that, yes, some have been removed. Edited by Qouivandes

i will lend my hand to the cause, as well (/tip hat to the Jedi Robe guy). i spent a lot of time trying to figure out what i was missing here and there as i was working on new toons. first it was the map thing. ok, click that box. it took me a while to realize that some of the heroic quest givers were gone as well. at least i know i wasnt remembering wrong and that, yes, some have been removed.

Which Heroic Mission NPCs were removed?

You know why they keep removing old content such as vendors that had unique armor and outfits?

So they can reuse them via the cartel market. :mad:

You know, I'm pathetic enough to welcome a cartel market option for the old vendor/flashpoint weapons. I'd LOVE it if my smuggler could get the bounty hunter pistols or a matching offhand for Flashy.

But alas, they do not release them on the CM, either, They're just gone. :(

Well, I am not giving up that fight. I hope they still listen to us. Because seriously, there is nothing, NOTHING they get by removing content. If they want to draw in more players, there are all the options and possibilities that do not require taking away existing stuff.

I am not crying over the old game. But I am trying to make it clear that there are steps that should NOT be taken - granted, something I could have said years ago, but it didn't occur to me that the developers could actually start removing content in the first place.

There is something to be gained: everything that's in the game has to be tested to make sure something didn't break, and everything they take out means they don't have to test it again.

But, if you want the story of why they keep (kept?) making less and less new content, look at the credits for all the different releases of the game. 1.0 had the longest list, and it gets shorter from there.

Your tears and the precious salt within. They hate you. They hate all of us. They hate SWTOR and this is all part of a ritual culminating in the destruction of the galaxy.