Customisable ships that you can decorate.

Gibonski

It has been a while since introduction of personal starships. In the star wars saga, animated series, books and comics we can see many ships that are unique and have their own character and names.

Please give us an option to buy paint jobs, custom options to pimp our personal starships. They all look the same as if no one ever had the idea to change them from the stock version.

We have it with starfighter battles, which basically no one plays anymore. Why can't we have such a thing with ships that we use all the time to travel from planet to planet. Every cutscene leaving a planet could be little bit different this way and give more pleasure to the eye.

This is also a good idea for money sink and rebalancing the economy. You can make it personal purchase and not tradeable at first and people will be dumping their credits to buy them and make their starships look the part.

You could also add some hooks for walls to put decorations inside.

Tell me what you think guys.

Honestly I would actually either do away with the class ships going forward or give you the choice what ships you could obtain and use. Especially since most of the class ships are nothing more than glorified combat freighters and shuttles. Could even make it a quest line that you can get new ship that you could decorate after your so called ship is destroyed in battle or rendered useless by a super weapon. The ships would double as transport, allowing you to decorate pretty much as a transport stronghold like flagship that you can alter outside and inside appearance of.

I would actually go a step further with it depending on what origin stories you have played through up until that point could even determine what ships on both sides you have access to increasing the ships you have the ability to choose from. I would even go to the point that should have missions or quests that would expand or addon to what the ship has.

These are some great ideas guys! Thanks for the input. Now with the combat style changes, I would suggest there isn't a better time to introduce this! You can get your combat style ship.

Let them be paintable, filled with different decos. I am no taking about putting a rancor inside but something smaller would do just fine. Change the colours of the lights inside, give it some personality. Just like star wars ships were all unique and given identity by their users, let us have the same fun with in game ones.

Come on players, cast your vote, we need more likeminded individuals to get what we want.

I don't believe it would be a great challenge to the devs and programmes. You have the skeleton, now just allow us to change colours and put stuff inside.

Let's make this happen folks!

There's a lot of scripting tied to the existing player starships. We can have those, but perhaps also a second ship, free of any such scripting (your "personal starship" where companions want to talk to you would be different from your "custom starship" where there's no anticipation of anyone being anywhere).

I've often suggested the idea of a build-a-bear ship, where we get to pick an engine compartment, bridge, sleeping quarters, lounge area, place them in whatever configuration we want (imagine chaining several lounge areas together, for example).

Heck, Bioware could even sell the various components on the CM at 600 a pop, with customizable skins. We wouldn't be locked into one configuration, we could basically play Legos and build whatever monstrosity we wanted.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I missed this thread, just posted something similar, but treating ships like a stronghold and let us move around all the decorations and put out own decorations in. Maybe my BH ship could have a different color Cell, or hold Torro Blood in the cell, or other random occupant.

Let me move my legacy bank to main cargo hold, or put swoop bike or Huttball posters on the wall.