Spanish translation request

Dkillaz

I open this discussion to celebrate the 10 years that the Spanish-speaking community has been fighting for developers to translate the game into Spanish

In the next few lines I am going to change the language from English to Spanish, in order to generate a little empathy since I would like you to put yourself in our place.

Como mencione al principio celbro trsitemente el cenimo aniversario por parte de la comunidad hispana en hacer esfuerzos siempre sin dar frutos en recaudar firmas , escribir en foros para impulsar a generar interes por parte de los desarolladores a poder traducir el juego aún que fuera minimamente con subtitulos ( POR DIOS )

En google he podido leer un sinfín de discusiones al respecto y siempre es lo mismo a los desarrolladores no les interesa .

PORQUE ?¿ Porque tenemos el juego traducido al Frances y al Alemán y no al español ? El español es la segunda lengua mas hablada del planeta ...No lo entiendo

Si el juego estuviera traducido al español además atraería a muchos mas jugadores por no hablar de los ingresos que recibiría la compañía

Realmente no tiene sentido..

Desde aquí hago un llamamiento a los desarrolladores y a todos los usuarios que quieran que ya por fin se consiga algo !

Un saludo a todo y feliz decimo aniversario !

even if it was minimally with subtitles

I would totally support this.

The fact that they've switched to text-only dialogue for the player character in some of the expansion cutscenes makes me think it's unlikely that they would hire a completely new cast of voice actors to translate the entire game into a different language.

As it is, I suspect that translating all of the game's dialogue (and that's a lot) and in-game text into Spanish and adding that written text to the game would require a significant investment of time and resources. But the game really does need new players.

Si una inversión con retorno asegurado ya que atraería a una multitud de jugadores nuevos con el hype que hay ahora mismo con todas las series de STAR WARS..

Deberían hacer un estudio de mercado al respecto..es algo incoherente que no este el juego en español siendo la 2da lengua mas hablada de este planeta !

Un saludo y gracias por el apoyo

As it is, I suspect that translating all of the game's dialogue (and that's a lot) and in-game text into Spanish and adding that written text to the game would require a significant investment of time and resources.

For sure, and it would also raise, at least somewhat, the ongoing cost of new development, as all the new text of all types would require translation into the new language as well as the three existing ones.

There's also the question of how the cross-language subtitles would work - specifically, which audio would play? It isn't automatically obvious that it should be English.

For sure, and it would also raise, at least somewhat, the ongoing cost of new development, as all the new text of all types would require translation into the new language as well as the three existing ones.

i agree on this part.

its only wasting more money what there need more for the development for new content and not need to waste it on idea's like this that make the development for content more worse then its all is.

to the Op: The developmet Team is all understaff and if there need to pay for spanish voice actors and for a new server that runs on spanish text only then you waste a lot off money what there more need to make new content for the game.

Edited by Spikanor

• 3 weeks later...

Agree.

It's simply, it's easy, it's obvious. If they spent money translating game to spanish, more players will added. So, more money for the company.

Only translating text and dialogues it's a plus; and sure, a lots of new players will added. And no only new players, old players will return.

pd: sorry if my english is not so good.

Agree.

It's simply, it's easy, it's obvious. If they spent money translating game to spanish, more players will added. So, more money for the company.

Only translating text and dialogues it's a plus; and sure, a lots of new players will added. And no only new players, old players will return.

Quite frankly, it may be "simple and easy", but it's also expensive. I doubt that the small number of new players gained (if any) would offset the expense.

Quite frankly, it may be "simple and easy", but it's also expensive. I doubt that the small number of new players gained (if any) would offset the expense.

I think Ajgallego meant that the reasoning is simple and easy.

Translation, on the other hand, especially when there are jokes involved, can be moderately difficult(1), which is part of why it's expensive.

(1) Translation is not my job, but since I'm effectively bilingual in English and French, the people on the documentation team at work (Frenchies, one and all) do sometimes ask me to run quick translations of emails and short documents, or to verify the translations done by the professional contract translators. It's not easy work.

• 8 months later...