Class Specific Species? Cutscene changes?

Ferageous

Twofold post here, which I think belong in this area.

With the fact that story and combat style are being separated, what is happening to the species? Are they staying with the origin stories, or can you make any species for any origin story?

Further, are any more cutscenes changing for basegame content? I know some have been changed in the past, just curious if any more are changing with the expansion?

With the fact that story and combat style are being separated, what is happening to the species? Are they staying with the origin stories, or can you make any species for any origin story?

I expect they will be linked to the origin stories in exactly the same way as they are linked to the eight "base" class stories today. That is, ==> this list of species can be used for ==> that story, until you've unlocked <== that species in some way.

Example: On a new legacy, Pure Blood Sith (species) cannot play any Republic story, nor Bounty Hunter or Agent. Get a PBS Warrior to level 50 (or buy the unlock on the CM or the GTN), and it is unlocked for all of them.

That isn't going to change.

Further, are any more cutscenes changing for basegame content? I know some have been changed in the past, just curious if any more are changing with the expansion?

Mostly, the previous changes have been cinematography changes (how the camera moves and so on) rather than scripting changes, and I don't think they've said one way or another.