Galactic Seasons - Credit cost to catch up?

hillerbees

Can a dev or player tell me if a credit price has been set for catching up on the new Galactic Seasons? I'm finding the missions very repetative / boring and are taking me away from areas of the game I like to play.

I want to get the rewards but surely at this stage we should know what the cost of catching up will be. No surprise that we know how much the Cartel Coin cost is to skip ahead...why the delay in assigning a credit cost?...or did I miss a post?

Many thanks in advance for replies.

Edited by hillerbees

Can a dev or player tell me if a credit price has been set for catching up on the new Galactic Seasons? I'm finding the missions very repetative / boring and are taking me away from areas of the game I like to play.

I want to get the rewards but surely at this stage we should know what the cost of catching up will be. No surprise that we know how much the Cartel Coin cost is to skip ahead...why the delay in assigning a credit cost?...or did I miss a post?

I believe on swtorista's stream about Galactic Seasons she mentioned something about May 27 being a possible date as to where we might find out the credit cost of catching up.

Edited by djbullenx
Spelling error

Ok, thanks for that. You have to wonder why the delay in not having that set up and in place from the start. Maybe they want us to give it a go but if that is the case they should also resist the urge to (cartel) coin it at the expense of the gameplay for a similar period.

I'd love to know the reasoning around it. The sceptic in me thinks maybe the current play is "PTS Part 2" !!

Would be nice if the devs would come out and confirm a date....it shouldn't be left for Swtorista to do, she does enough for the game and is no doubt very busy.

Ok, thanks for that. You have to wonder why the delay in not having that set up and in place from the start. Maybe they want us to give it a go but if that is the case they should also resist the urge to (cartel) coin it at the expense of the gameplay for a similar period.

I'd love to know the reasoning around it. The sceptic in me thinks maybe the current play is "PTS Part 2" !!

Would be nice if the devs would come out and confirm a date....it shouldn't be left for Swtorista to do, she does enough for the game and is no doubt very busy.

Why the delay?

Easy, to get as many CC purchases for skips as possible before adding credits as an option.

Seasons is just another Bioware monetization strategy masquerading as content.

Edited by DawnAskham

Don't be surprised if you can't afford to skip all the way through seasons with credits. This is what it cost me on the PTS to skip ahead:

Level 4 to 54 cost 651,875,000 credits

Level 55 to 95 cost 9,584,206,848 credits

We will have to see if they keep the same credit cost on live.

The rewards are ok - but to be honest if you have been here since launch the only things of real interest are the fleet apartments - hardly worth paying forward for. The rest of the stuff to spend tokens on are for those who for one reason or another didn't pick them up over the last ten years.

The tenth anniversary was meant to be something worth celebrating but for a long time subber I have seen very little of interest that stands out - nothing with any wow factor....a real shame tbh as I do enjoy the game in general.

Forget Cartel Coins - I'd pay a box price once again for an equivalent class story content comparable with that available at lauch....people moaned about there not being much to the vanilla game but to my mind, looking back, it was huge value for money...its what came after which has been the real nickel and diming of subbers and cartel coin spenders alike. Even the cartel market packs back then gave an awful lot month on month.

Can a dev or player tell me if a credit price has been set for catching up on the new Galactic Seasons?

Any player who knows is probably under some sort of NDA, so would experience legal consequences for revealing the information. BioWare's staff are probably under orders to keep it quiet.

That said, it's pretty much guaranteed that an initial version of the price has already been set, but there's currently no way to pay it.

Regarding the question of *when*, the others have already addressed *why*. I'm pretty sure I saw a statement along the lines of it becoming available 30 days after the initial release of Seasons.

The rewards are ok - but to be honest if you have been here since launch the only things of real interest are the fleet apartments - hardly worth paying forward for. The rest of the stuff to spend tokens on are for those who for one reason or another didn't pick them up over the last ten years.

The tenth anniversary was meant to be something worth celebrating but for a long time subber I have seen very little of interest that stands out - nothing with any wow factor....a real shame tbh as I do enjoy the game in general.

Forget Cartel Coins - I'd pay a box price once again for an equivalent class story content comparable with that available at lauch....people moaned about there not being much to the vanilla game but to my mind, looking back, it was huge value for money...its what came after which has been the real nickel and diming of subbers and cartel coin spenders alike. Even the cartel market packs back then gave an awful lot month on month.

Yup. There are so many wasted opportunities.

9.5 Years

Still slow *** speeders

No actual movement powers

No factions switching

No new Classes

Multiple Class stories ...now... mostly same story

Crafting is a mess

Small Bugs going back so far it's sad (Crew on Gravestone (before has crew), Models overlapping in cinematics, numerous others)

No New Skills

ETC ETC

They run this game on a shoe string, they see it slowly sliding but instead of breathing life into it....they just keep adding bandaids and cosmetics...so they keep churning out cartel cosmetics, for money but not attracting new $$ customers by improving the game itself.

Even the updated Material Window.... SUCKS. It works...it's super convienant...but UI is bad. Its slow to find things for average players who only know the level of item they need not necessarily names etc.

The amplifier widow was horrible...at least they listened and added a close

Revamp animation system.

Add sliders and more color options. Change dyes to single colors, but 1-4 swatches to each armor piece.

Give us Legacy Guild Ships

Give us editable Alliance Base Instances and let us hire vendors, and add hooks etc

Give us defendable bases

Switch voice actors to AI Voice Clone Hybrid system...some of the deep learning can mimic damn near perfect

I mean seriously DO SOMETHING besides a 1 shot flashpoint every few months.

Edited by DragonSire

Any player who knows is probably under some sort of NDA, so would experience legal consequences for revealing the information. BioWare's staff are probably under orders to keep it quiet.

An NDA over the timing of when we will get to know when and how much the galactic season catch up fee will be would be a sad thing to implement. I have this picture now in my head of some poor lad applying for a job with Blizzard being asked why he left Bioware to come and work for them and him having to say " I was let go because I leaked the due date of Galactic Seasons catch up with credits feature to a mildly interested and somewhat bored player, but I've learnt my lesson and its something I'll NEVER do again" :D

Yup. There are so many wasted opportunities.

9.5 Years

Still slow *** speeders

No actual movement powers

No factions switching

No new Classes

Multiple Class stories ...now... mostly same story

Crafting is a mess

Small Bugs going back so far it's sad (Crew on Gravestone (before has crew), Models overlapping in cinematics, numerous others)

No New Skills

ETC ETC

They run this game on a shoe string, they see it slowly sliding but instead of breathing life into it....they just keep adding bandaids and cosmetics...so they keep churning out cartel cosmetics, for money but not attracting new $$ customers by improving the game itself.

Even the updated Material Window.... SUCKS. It works...it's super convienant...but UI is bad. Its slow to find things for average players who only know the level of item they need not necessarily names etc.

The amplifier widow was horrible...at least they listened and added a close

Revamp animation system.

Add sliders and more color options. Change dyes to single colors, but 1-4 swatches to each armor piece.

Give us Legacy Guild Ships

Give us editable Alliance Base Instances and let us hire vendors, and add hooks etc

Give us defendable bases

Switch voice actors to AI Voice Clone Hybrid system...some of the deep learning can mimic damn near perfect

I mean seriously DO SOMETHING besides a 1 shot flashpoint every few months.

Yep a long list and if you are like me and have unlocked a decent amount of stuff in collections, there is no easy way to differenciate between what you have collected on a single toon and what you have unlocked on all. Neither is there a single button press that would let you enable all such unlocked items (including emotes) on each toon. Its hard having bought something with coins or on the gtn to then have to unlock it for all characters and then go and find it on each of your 40 odd toons and click on each item or try and spot which armor,mount or emote you need to enable over and over again......and you wouldn't even clasify that as content ...just quality of life.

Talking of QOL features - hands up who has spent more than an hour looking for a tactical or armor piece in your alts cargo bays so you can have a quick play of another toon with a shared item?!! I have 42 toons on one server which I flit between...roughly 250 to 260 bays or 20,000 item slots...not to mention if one of their companions happens to be wearing it on the sly!!

They have the ability to do good things.....(costume designer/rocket boots/legacy bank/events)...just not enough of them and a tendancy to focus on things that nobody asked to be fixed (the recent menu interface and polishing opening planet cut scenes).

Hope they astonish the hell out of us in the 2nd half of the year - I will be more than happy to come back and eat humble pie!

Don't be surprised if you can't afford to skip all the way through seasons with credits. This is what it cost me on the PTS to skip ahead:

Level 4 to 54 cost 651,875,000 credits

Level 55 to 95 cost 9,584,206,848 credits

We will have to see if they keep the same credit cost on live.

That would sink a few credits alright! It'd make some of the dearer items listed on the GTN look cheap - I could make a very nice Galactic Season of my own design spending those credits instead!!

An NDA over the timing of when we will get to know when and how much the galactic season catch up fee will be would be a sad thing to implement. I have this picture now in my head of some poor lad applying for a job with Blizzard being asked why he left Bioware to come and work for them and him having to say " I was let go because I leaked the due date of Galactic Seasons catch up with credits feature to a mildly interested and somewhat bored player, but I've learnt my lesson and its something I'll NEVER do again" :D

The NDA wouldn't be specifically for that information, but an exchange - you get to see this information early and tell us what you think, and in return, we insist that you keep it secret - would probably cover *any* kind of advance information the person had. And yes, employees *are* under that sort of thing, often, and not just in video game companies.

The NDA wouldn't be specifically for that information, but an exchange - you get to see this information early and tell us what you think, and in return, we insist that you keep it secret - would probably cover *any* kind of advance information the person had. And yes, employees *are* under that sort of thing, often, and not just in video game companies.

Don't worry I get what you are saying. In any case a little communication goes a long way...I just can't believe that its something they need to keep quiet about.

I just can't believe that its something they need to keep quiet about.

You won't get any argument from me about that.

Well, except maybe that they are concerned about the impact it will have on how many CCs people spend on it in the run-up to the for-credits option going live. Well, that and the fact that it becomes effectively a way of turning credits into CCs, so maybe they haven't set a "final" price yet.

You won't get any argument from me about that.

Well, except maybe that they are concerned about the impact it will have on how many CCs people spend on it in the run-up to the for-credits option going live. Well, that and the fact that it becomes effectively a way of turning credits into CCs, so maybe they haven't set a "final" price yet.

Not sure CC player(s) spend are really going to have much impact, i have brought a few levels, yes, but only spent the free one i got from the GS anyway. Sure I could have spent them on the market, but is that really going to affect BW in any way how they CC are spent?

It's really only the players buying extra coins that will make a differance to BW ,but as the OP has said, there is very little to get from the venders in any case for many of us. There was only one item I wanted and thats already been removed at least for now. BW has not confirmed if tokens can be carried over from season to season. As such not a huge reason to rush thought levels. So even if you could buy levels with credits..at this point it's a whatever, more than a what took so long.

Edited by SavantDreadtech