Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Toxicity

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Crystal_Mind
09.18.2020 , 12:25 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Nmyownworld View Post
A Legacy wide ignore sounds good, but I have a question about its implementation. Will Legacy wide ignore populate a player's Ignore list with all of the Ignored Legacy's character names? If so, there are two issues with this. One, the space allowed on the Ignored list -- it could fill up very quickly. Two, if an Ignored Legacy's character names appear on the Ignored list, BW is opening the door to some epic level player to player harassment by providing the names of every targeted-by-harassers player's character names.
Quote: Originally Posted by DZechman View Post
I'd really like to see a comment field there too, exactly as it is for the Friends List.
It'd be helpful to be able to make a note as to WHY I ignored that person (or legacy).
Good points. Also, is this ignore Legacy by Legacy? Or are the ignore lists still by toon? (Ex. If I were to legacy-ignore someone on Character A, would I also have to legacy-ignore them on Character B?)

TrixxieTriss
09.18.2020 , 12:26 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
Just curious how this will affect the ranked que. Just what exactly does ignore cause? Does it mean you will not be qued with that player or against him? That could make the que quite interesting if people ignore most people.
Ignore doesn’t work like that in pvp. But you already know that
Do you want to be a better objective pvper?
Click here for a “How to PvP Guide”

TrixxieTriss
09.18.2020 , 12:31 PM | #23
@Chris

Quick question : will ignoring someone who has their legacy name concealed, allow other players to track their whole legacy in pvp?
Aka, at the moment, people already abuse the report system to find out people’s legacy to avoid them in pvp queues or troll them in pvp.
Is this going to open up another method to do this?
Do you want to be a better objective pvper?
Click here for a “How to PvP Guide”

FlameYOL
09.18.2020 , 12:52 PM | #24
Most of these changes don't really concern me as I don't do ranked but I'm glad the forums seem to be pleased with them, especially the legacy ignore feature which is something that as a casual PVEr will be really useful for me to ignore people who are toxic on group finder Also do we have any hopes or estimates for a possible friend list based on legacy as well?

Quote: Originally Posted by DZechman View Post
On the subject of new/improved Ignore List:

I'd really like to see a comment field there too, exactly as it is for the Friends List.
It'd be helpful to be able to make a note as to WHY I ignored that person (or legacy).

--Dianiss
This would be great, sometimes I forget whether or not it was an actual toxic player or just a goldseller.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

Darkbloom
09.18.2020 , 01:00 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
I did just realise that mats farm will not be the same, since now you have to actually win to get your dailies/weeklies...so it'll be a money maker for the pvp'ers and a big f... you to raiders this time around....but it's to help the raiders of course...lol.
They are definitely not making the same mistakes as last time, which is how it seemed at first when they announced that wins were required to get your pvp dailies and weeklies done.

What's happening is they are creating a system that will, beyond any doubt, lead to tons of win-trading.

Is that a bad thing?

Well, it depends on your perspective.

Maybe they hope that what starts off as win-trading will turn into real pvp as more people participate.

Or...

Maybe someone higher up told them, "You know guys, the only new content your players really consume is story, events, cartel market stuff and flashpoints. From now on, you're only getting development money for new story, new events, new cartel market stuff and maybe the odd flashpoint every now and then. If your players don't play the new raids or ranked pvp, why should we give you money to support it or develop it?"

I mean, if people are win-trading, they are participating. They're playing the content.

/shrug.

In any case, win-trading is going to make a big comeback. So get ready.

hillerbees
09.18.2020 , 01:03 PM | #26
Chris,

Thank you so much for listening to recent, and not so recent concerns. Its great to see, especially legacy ignore.

Hopefully legacy ignore will be legacy to legacy as people have requested and that the points made by others here regarding revealing all legacy toon names does not happen - it should be limited to the known trouble toon I'd feel.

Very interesting points made by players in this thread and I'd hope even for those on whom the hammer falls that there is some forgiveness and fairness on people who are contrite for wrongdoings or where maybe blamed in the wrong.

Well done once again.

JattaGin
09.18.2020 , 01:20 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by ChrisSchmidt View Post
(...)

Gear Requirements in Ranked PvP

In Game Update 6.1.4 we are adding a gear requirement of iLevel 306, in addition to Valor Rank 25, in order to be able to queue for Solo Ranked PvP. (...)
I'm curious: How does this scenario play out in Mr. Kanneg's mind? Does he think he will achieve the numbers he strives for as well as the quality he envisions for his beloved game mode?

"Q for ranked, people." <crickets chirp>

KendraP
09.18.2020 , 01:22 PM | #28
None of this makes me want to queue ranked. In fact, in conjunction with the other recent changes my reaction is "where do I go for a refund?"

merovejec
09.18.2020 , 01:58 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Ignore doesn’t work like that in pvp. But you already know that
Just why would I ask about something I already know the anwer to?? No, I do not know the answer to that so I am curious.
Merovejec

Tsillah
09.18.2020 , 02:56 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkbloom View Post
In any case, win-trading is going to make a big comeback. So get ready.
Oh don't worry, I gave up on PvP some years ago and this is not bringing me back to PvP.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect