Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Toxicity

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

elimatorxv
09.26.2020 , 04:10 AM | #121
i will say this though if these changes are through and DK chat is no longer enjoyable to read

then i will advocate to remove it cause when im on dk its always fun to be there

specially the baras/zash jokes but if that goes away and chat becomes normal like hoth where none speak at all then no thank you.
http://www.swtor.com/r/5SJ2Hw my referal link you can click it if you want for some goodies and 7 days subscription but only if willing

DarkTergon
09.26.2020 , 04:57 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by elimatorxv View Post
i will say this though if these changes are through and DK chat is no longer enjoyable to read

then i will advocate to remove it cause when im on dk its always fun to be there

specially the baras/zash jokes but if that goes away and chat becomes normal like hoth where none speak at all then no thank you.
It's not going to stop the jokes, or the fun, just hopefully the ******s and trolls

JediMasterAlex
09.26.2020 , 10:09 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
This exact attitude is what toxicity is all about. Why would you say a thing like that at all? You have no proof of it but somehow you feel justified to make such a personal attack?
I have abundant proof of it: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=984457

Gorekann
07.05.2021 , 02:51 PM | #124
I decided to write here, just to give my feedback on the changes that were "supossed" to happen:

"Reporting

As a member of the Fair Play Alliance, EA is committed to providing a safe space to play where all are welcome. As part of this, toxicity and harassment actions that the Customer Service team apply to folks violating the Terms of Service are being escalated to more severe actioning"

This was absolutely false. Toxiciy and harassment is worse than ever. I have been reporting two guys, specifically, and my whole server had as well, and the "worst" that thye havent been banned even once, which is absolutely lame, even showed screenshots for life threats and more.

"Legacy Ignore

Currently the game supports character-based ignore lists, but not Legacy-wide ignore, meaning harassers could just create another character and persist in ruining the experience for another player.

In Game Update 6.1.4 we are updating the Ignore list to ignore an entire Legacy. If you add a player to this list, it will apply to every character they create in their Legacy. It will behave very similarly to the current Ignore list, with the addition of not allowing an Ignored Legacy into your Personal Stronghold"

This tool I think was a good idea with bad implementation. First of all, this guys that can be harassing you can know exactly all your characters by legacy ignoring you. You legacy ignore them, and since they have more than one accounts, because they are ban evaders, or at least most of them in my server, they can come back with one of their multiple accounts and harass you again. Once you legacy ignore, it shouldnt show the legacy name of the ignored people.

"Future

As we look forward, we have lots more opportunities we’re pursuing, including improving our in-game reporting tools and automated detection methods. We’ll share more about what additional changes are coming as we get closer to these showing up in-game.

All of the game-side improvements coming in 6.1.4 will be available to check out in the upcoming PTS. We’re eager to hear your feedback and look forward to you all trying them out!"

This was an absolute lie. The in game reports are on the worse state ever, for both harassment and wintrading. Specially about wintrading/cheating, they have been zero actions for the longest time I have ever seen.
I dont know if there is a problem with you guys, or specifically customer service, but there has been an absolute lack of actions taken from Bioware against the ToS offenders.

Sith_Ravager
07.05.2021 , 03:00 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
It's not going to stop the jokes, or the fun, just hopefully the ******s and trolls
So its going to stop the jokes and the fun...and people wonder why the video game industry is dying

Sith_Ravager
07.05.2021 , 03:03 PM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiesu View Post
We will never get a clear definition of what "Toxicity" is, right? It'll forever be a vague thing that people can make up definitions for on the go as it suits them? Yeah, I've seen that form of "moderation" on multiple platforms, people abuse vague terms, anyone who doesn't see this is a sweet sweet summer child.
Be clear or don't bother.
Exactly...what you see as toxicity doesnt bother me...what I see as toxicity others applaud as being open and engaging...

Toxicity is honestly a platform for those who wouldnt have survived online games even 10 years ago let alone earlier

Tsillah
07.05.2021 , 03:09 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by Sith_Ravager View Post
So its going to stop the jokes and the fun...and people wonder why the video game industry is dying
Dying? You wish, it's making more and more money each year with a growth in 2020 to 140 billion, up from 120 billion in 2019.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect

DarkTergon
07.06.2021 , 01:23 AM | #128
I'm not trying to insult your reading skills, but I specifically said "It's not going to stop the jokes, or the fun". It's aimed at stopping toxicity , hatred, <redacted> people, etc. I don't know if it's going to stop it all, but I've noticed some notorious toxic trolls from SF are gone. (possibly they left, but either way SF is better off without them)

TrixxieTriss
07.06.2021 , 01:42 AM | #129
I think you have your facts wrong here. The gaming industry is now even bigger than the film industry and growing each year. Dying is the complete opposite of what’s happening.
Do you want to be a better objective pvper?
Click here for a “How to PvP Guide”