OH Star wars...

darkofblue

Fix the cheating that takes place in pvp! And MANY in this room have stated their complaints

Be smart! Learn a lesson from Blizzard,

I like this game but the cheaters are becoming more blunted with the cheats, to see people fly across the man and one shots are a little redundant.

FIX YOUR BROKEN GAME

TY

Many of the things people think are cheats are due to desync issues. Speed boosts and dash abilities cause people to appear as though they are flying across the screen or phasing through floors. It’s been a known issues for years now.

As for getting one shot, that just doesn’t happen. The closest that you can come is being stunned and globalled, but even that takes around 4-5 hits to achieve, potentially less if the person attacking you has a damage boost item.

In ten years of playing I have seen exactly 9 people using exploits. 7 of those are more of a gray area then some type of cheat/hack technically what they did is against TOS. Other then that most issues are just desync. So in all likely hood its not any cheating.

Many of the things people think are cheats are due to desync issues. Speed boosts and dash abilities cause people to appear as though they are flying across the screen or phasing through floors. It’s been a known issues for years now.

As for getting one shot, that just doesn’t happen. The closest that you can come is being stunned and globalled, but even that takes around 4-5 hits to achieve, potentially less if the person attacking you has a damage boost item.

I have never had any issues with desync issues while I pvp, no he was fly which shocked me, I had heard but never seen it. as a tank being one shot, yea it happened

In ten years of playing I have seen exactly 9 people using exploits. 7 of those are more of a gray area then some type of cheat/hack technically what they did is against TOS. Other then that most issues are just desync. So in all likely hood its not any cheating.

That Sir is tunneled vision

That Sir is tunneled vision

you have offered zero proof for cheating and hacking/exploits. zero.

not even anecdotal evidence. exactly what have you witnessed? how often? can you SS or record it? I mean, you could at the very least detail exactly what it is you've seen/endured (textually) that you're upset about.

your first post is extremely general and guaranteed to be ignored.

this post is equally devoid of any actual detail.

(it's tunnel vision. don't make it passive. that makes no sense.)

Edited by CheesyEZ

you have offered zero proof for cheating and hacking/exploits. zero.

not even anecdotal evidence. exactly what have you witnessed? how often? can you SS or record it? I mean, you could at the very least detail exactly what it is you've seen/endured (textually) that you're upset about.

your first post is extremely general and guaranteed to be ignored.

this post is equally devoid of any actual detail.

(it's tunnel vision. don't make it passive. that makes no sense.)

The proof is a 'certain' discord server where these people boast about their cheating, with videos (sometimes) but BW have seen these cheats, and ignore them

Personally I've seen some doozies , but as I don't stream, or record, it will be ignored.....

BW has fixed win-trading in solo by all reasonable measure (mixed faction, forced acceptance of pops, legacy lockout, merged every server they legally can). there isn't much more they can do for solo. it's more about balance and matchmaking, and balance for solo affects literally every other mode in the game, so that's a tough nut to crack.

They might not be able to do much to the mechanics of arenas, but they could actually do their jobs and ban wintraders. Last season, for example, Sephorus queued at 5-6am est for several days in a row with bots (most likely) to boost himself to 1900+ rating and a top 3. We know this was happening because there are multiple witnesses (and videos) of people getting 1v1 pops against him after people realized he was gaining rating at a crazy rate. There are several other high profile wintraders that didn't get banned last season. In fact, no one was banned or reset at all. I suspect something in their policy changed for the worse when they unbanned prum and most of educated squad after they were banned for wintrading in season 12.

The point is, Bioware is completely letting wintraders off the hook, and the wintraders know that and are operating more blatantly than ever, on Satele Shan at least.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

good luck on that one JMA.

I feel for ya, but...good luck. they're a lot more likely to ban griefers like little nikky than a guy paying 5 subs. they're also apparently more concerned about forcing nobodies to stay in full duration DM WZs. but ok. I'll cede that point. they could ban the...handful? is that accurate? of players who are obvious repeat offenders.

edit: there should only be 2 active servers in the game at this pont. 1 NA and 1 EU. but apparently there are those licensing deals snave mentioned.

Edited by CheesyEZ

Well that escalated quick. While d-sync and bad engine do play a part in people seeing weird things in PvP WZs it does not totally diminish claims of cheating.

1. Macros and scripts- This is a thing. People have made post or guides about it. People have them preloaded and they react automatically for them...DCDs, breaks, guards, etc.

* I'm not talking about using ToT and keybinding. I'm talking about auto responsive reactions. Combat logs prove it.

2. No CD on abilities or DCDs - Have seen this, recorded it, and sent to BW. Funny how people always dismiss it or claim others for lying or failure of proof, but know that BW will ban or suspend your account for posting videos on this forum. Stop it....it happens. I've recorded and sent proof to BW of:

-Permanent predation - no class in game that provides increased speed buff or classes stacking speed buffs.

-Two electronets back to back from one player. *No...not another teammate even close...mini map showed this and only one merc in the game.

-Sorc using barrier 2x in a row. GL explaining that one.

-Sorc using force speed for 2 mins straight. *Yes, they have a speed buff off a heal, but video showed constant movement for over TWO minutes. Went from first area of Voidstar, over the bridge, past 2nd area, down the hall way, down the steps and to the third room...lol...and was still kitting enemies. She was a teammate and we didn't have a mara or sent.

- Permanent DR abilities. Yes, some can be refreshed upon being attacked, but to have shroud last 2 minutes. Please, explain that one also...lol

There are many more, but you're right. The game is dead, people are trying to kill it on purpose, and turning a blind eye won't help either. BUT, don't try to dispute, insult, demean, and belittle others who have witnessed these exploits and cheats.

O...btw...everytime I submit a claim or direct account of the evidence. I get the same blah blah reply. Thanks, but we can't discuss our findings, and some line of thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Why do I still play....same reason everyone else does. I love Star Wars PERIOD. I just play to have fun...win, lose , or low damage... lol

good luck on that one JMA.

I feel for ya, but...good luck. they're a lot more likely to ban griefers like little nikky than a guy paying 5 subs. they're also apparently more concerned about forcing nobodies to stay in full duration DM WZs. but ok. I'll cede that point. they could ban the...handful? is that accurate? of players who are obvious repeat offenders.

Yeah, I'd say it's about a dozen people or so that should be banned. In the grand scheme of things it's not that many, but it's enough that it does affect top 3s. And that's not even mentioning the people that are currently in top 3 spots this season that are ban evading (lyala and nikana, in case you were wondering).

The only thing Bioware seems interested in banning people for these days is toxicity. If you get reported for that, they take action very fast. But people have sent in detailed, accurate reports of wintrading with copious amounts of evidence and nothing happens. It's just a sad state of affairs.

edit: there should only be 2 active servers in the game at this pont. 1 NA and 1 EU. but apparently there are those licensing deals snave mentioned.

I agree, 1 NA and 1 EU would be ideal. I've always found that licensing point weird, not because I don't think it's real, but because I find it hard to believe they can't change it after all these years. Who is enforcing that they have those servers and why?

Edited by JediMasterAlex

EA’s deal with LF could require them to actively promote the game in specific regions and those servers satisfy that requirement.

Sure, maybe. But can't they go to EA, their own parent company, and just say "there's no point having all these servers anymore, let's consolidate them". I don't see the benefits for anyone to keep these dead servers open.

Yeah, I'd say it's about a dozen people or so that should be banned. In the grand scheme of things it's not that many, but it's enough that it does affect top 3s. And that's not even mentioning the people that are currently in top 3 spots this season that are ban evading ().

The only thing Bioware seems interested in banning people for these days is toxicity. If you get reported for that, they take action very fast. But people have sent in detailed, accurate reports of wintrading with copious amounts of evidence and nothing happens. It's just a sad state of affairs.

And I’d like to add that the small handful of players are ruining the game experience for a large majority of legitimate players in ranked. Who are fed up with Bioware not enforcing their own rules. Which then causes more players to leave the game.

If Bioware’s internal logic is we don’t want to lose 12 paying subs for wintrading or other cheating, then it’s blatantly flawed and illogical because they would be losing more players than those 12 subs by not banning those cheaters.

And of those people who end up staying subbed, many stop playing ranked or all pvp because they’ve lost faith in the system to have fair games that don’t have cheaters in it.

Either way, Bioware are hurting themselves and the game by not enforcing the rules and by unbanning known cheaters.

Players have no confidence in Bioware to enforce their own rules, so they give up playing properly or don’t care and that leads others to cheat because they see Bioware doing nothing.

I’ve said this many times over the years, Bioware’s lack of enforcing their own rules and having a proper deterrent is why we have more cheaters in the game than their would be if they had a proper deterrent to cheating.

There should be ZERO tolerance to cheating. People don’t accidentally download and pay a subscription for cheat software. People don’t accidentally wintrade every day at the same time with bots.

When Bioware catch these people, all they do is give them a slap on the wrist (thats if they do anything to them at all). You can’t rehabilitate most of them and Bioware trying to do so has shown it doesn’t work. The same people have continued to wintrade every season.

Just BAN them and throw away the key. Don’t EVER unban if some is guilty of cheating and it’s irrefutable, there should be a ZERO tolerance policy. Other games do it, Bioware seems to one of the only companies that won’t ban cheaters. It make absolutely no sense why they won’t try. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is tantamount to insanity.

Sure, maybe. But can't they go to EA, their own parent company, and just say "there's no point having all these servers anymore, let's consolidate them". I don't see the benefits for anyone to keep these dead servers open.

Exactly ^

But we saw how long it took them to merge the last ones. It was easily 18 months where I was on some servers where there were zero people on the fleets or planets. If you saw another person it was a miracle.

And when we asked Bioware to merge, we had all these apparent solo orientated players argue on the forums that they liked playing on a dead server cause they didn’t have to compete for resources or kills. They didn’t care it was dead and group content never popped because they didn’t play group content.

Bioware’s response was cheap transfers, but even that’s not enough because why should players have to pay to get off dead servers.

What Bioware could do is nominate pvp / group content servers and lock down pvp on the other servers. Then open up transfers to be once per week per character to and from the nominated pvp server for free. But also have a reduced paid transfer (50cc) as well if people want to transfer more than once per week.

That stops people being able to wintrade on dead servers and it allows the solo players to chug along on their dead servers. It’s a win-win, except we know Bioware won’t do it because they are greedy and will want people to pay to transfer.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

And I’d like to add that the small handful of players are ruining the game experience for a large majority of legitimate players in ranked. Who are fed up with Bioware not enforcing their own rules. Which then causes more players to leave the game.

If Bioware’s internal logic is we don’t want to lose 12 paying subs for wintrading or other cheating, then it’s blatantly flawed and illogical because they would be losing more players than those 12 subs by not banning those cheaters.

And of those people who end up staying subbed, many stop playing ranked or all pvp because they’ve lost faith in the system to have fair games that don’t have cheaters in it.

Either way, Bioware are hurting themselves and the game by not enforcing the rules and by unbanning known cheaters.

Players have no confidence in Bioware to enforce their own rules, so they give up playing properly or don’t care and that leads others to cheat because they see Bioware doing nothing.

I’ve said this many times over the years, Bioware’s lack of enforcing their own rules and having a proper deterrent is why we have more cheaters in the game than their would be if they had a proper deterrent to cheating.

There should be ZERO tolerance to cheating. People don’t accidentally download and pay a subscription for cheat software. People don’t accidentally wintrade every day at the same time with bots.

When Bioware catch these people, all they do is give them a slap on the wrist (thats if they do anything to them at all). You can’t rehabilitate most of them and Bioware trying to do so has shown it doesn’t work. The same people have continued to wintrade every season.

Just BAN them and throw away the key. Don’t EVER unban if some is guilty of cheating and it’s irrefutable, there should be a ZERO tolerance policy. Other games do it, Bioware seems to one of the only companies that won’t ban cheaters. It make absolutely no sense why they won’t try. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is tantamount to insanity.

Fully agree with all of this. These small few are costing more subscribers that removing them would. How many players have walked away because all they want is PvP, and these people have destroyed it. BW just keep looking on...Why? They know who they are, is there a reason they haven't removed them....

PvP is the reason some people play this game, and if a non pvp person, who's only doing it for GS is Pi**ed off with seeing 'superman' flying halfway across a huttball map, or the invisible man being able to cap, etc , I can imagine how bad it must be for people to whom PvP is the game.

The only thing Bioware seems interested in banning people for these days is toxicity. If you get reported for that, they take action very fast.

Good. Given what I read on another thread, they ought to take quick action...

But on the present topic, you're right. I have played long enough to see what you mean. I don't comment on it on teams, but I see it. Maybe one day they'll be less interested in one or 12 subscriptions and more interested in fostering a healthy, competitive environment for pvp.

Edited by Sappharan

There's about 4 or 5 videos in the pvp channel of the theorycrafting discord of a certain player being caught speedhacking in numerous situations in both arenas and on fleet. Those videos are alittle hard to find, but I don't doubt they've been reported plenty of times. If bioware actually paid any attention to their reports, that player would've been banned by now. Instead he's roaming around swtor harassing people in their dms to attempt to bully them into queing. Edited by Llacertus

Fix the cheating that takes place in pvp! And MANY in this room have stated their complaints

Be smart! Learn a lesson from Blizzard,

I like this game but the cheaters are becoming more blunted with the cheats, to see people fly across the man and one shots are a little redundant.

FIX YOUR BROKEN GAME

TY

Bioware/EA response: "Shut up and buy cosmetics for your space Barbie...You don't need fair engaging mechanics for our games...Pshht! It's not like you pay for a sub! wait which game is this one?...LOLZ...you do pay a sub."

There's about 4 or 5 videos in the pvp channel of the theorycrafting discord of a certain player being caught speedhacking in numerous situations in both arenas and on fleet. Those videos are alittle hard to find, but I don't doubt they've been reported plenty of times. If bioware actually paid any attention to their reports, that player would've been banned by now. Instead he's roaming around swtor harassing people in their dms to attempt to bully them into queing.

They have seen them, they just don't care. These cheats have been reported, and to the devs on discord, they've seen the posts, and even facetiously posted 'why would someone pay $15 for cheats when they already pay for a sub', or something along that lines. People have been banned for win trading, cheating, etc, yet a few weeks later, the ban is lifted, and they are back doing the same thing. They are going around boasting on discord, the same server the devs visit regularly, and even post more on, then they do here. So yup, they know.....

I totally agree with all that you said. Also Bioware, and specifically the dev that saw the proofs about certain person speedhacking, has seen the reports about the wintrading happening on Satele Shan from part of the Educated Squad core - who are permanent banned-, plus another players from "Manjolorians" guild.

It is really embarassing for a company like this to tolerate all of this to happen. I think the amount of people that they lose because this cheaters is WAY more than the really little group cheating/wintrading - who are permanent banned for a reason-. And if you are unable to ban or take actions, then just cancel any competitive mode.

Its really a shame the way this has been tolerated until this days...

I totally agree with all that you said. Also Bioware, and specifically the dev that saw the proofs about certain person speedhacking, has seen the reports about the wintrading happening on Satele Shan from part of the ES - who are permanent banned-, plus another players from "M" guild.

It is really embarassing for a company like this to tolerate all of this to happen. I think the amount of people that they lose because this cheaters is WAY more than the really little group cheating/wintrading - who are permanent banned for a reason-. And if you are unable to ban or take actions, then just cancel any competitive mode.

Its really a shame the way this has been tolerated until this days...

You know those ES guys got banned then unbanned before the end of last season? And the ones that might not have been unbanned are ban evading on other accounts.

All of this proof has been given to ChrisS on Discord and forwarded to Bioware through proper reporting channels and they still unbanned them or didn’t reban the ones who started doing it again straight away.

The cheaters in this game know Bioware won’t do anything to them. So they continue to do it and also share / sell services within the game and on discord to let other people cheat. With no deterrent, this problem just keeps getting worse the longer you leave it to rot. They literally DM people in other discord channels to spruik their services.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Haven’t played any pvp for over a month. Got on to do some GS dailies on Satele and come across 3 macro Jockeys in my first arena.

1 on my team and 2 on the other. It was so funny cause they were so bad. That 2 of us beat the other team in 2v4 once the macro guy on our team died.

Is that new meta on Satele? People running macros and just chasing you around. No wonder people complain about TTK being to high, lol.