Madness Sorcerer Priority/Rotation & Corruption sorcerer

• 1 month later...
Was wondering to see any ideas or suggestions for PVP/PVE runs and setups as well for my mmo g600 mouse. All keybinded. I have a setup but im always looking for better ones and updated ones.

Balance/madness spec (I will be using imperial side ability names)

Build - This is all for single target dpsing in PvE

Accuracy MUST BE at 110%

Level 23-Death Field

Level 27-Overloaded Strike

Level 39-Creeping End

Level 43-Corrupted Defense OR Unlimited Power

Level 51-Force Mobility

Level 64-Surging Speed

Level 68-Player preference. None of these abilities factor into the standard rotation. I use phase walk just for the added mobility on some boss fights.

Level 73-Corrupted Flesh

Implants

Unmatched Haste Package

Gathering Storm Package

Tactical

Tempest of Rho

Abilities in parenthesis have long cooldowns and can not be activated every rotation.

DPS rotation

Open with (Polarity shift + Attack Adrenal) + Demolish.

Affliction

Creeping Terror

(Recklessness)

Death Brand

Force Run

Force Leech

Force Lightning

Overloaded Strike (insta-cast)

Force Lightning

Overloaded Strike (insta-cast)

Force Lightning

Then repeat starting from the open with Demolish. The last force lightning will proc Demolish to be an insta-cast. Recklessness and Polarity shift will be on cooldown after the first rotation volley so just activate them off cooldown. Save recklessness for your 2 largest attacks which would be Death Brand, and Force Leech.

This will get you depending on the target 24k consistent dps at full augmented 330 gear. This is not the most optimal rotation for a madness sorc. There is a better slightly altered rotation out there but this one is simple and 24k dps is more than good enough. Not only that but you will heal yourself for roughly 12-15% damage each rotation which makes up for the lack of higher dps numbers.

Edited by Brittaany_Banks

I think I have to disagree on this one. With running the Gathering Storm package, you want Force Speed available as often as possible. I would pick Critical Movement here.

I understand the desire, and I am not saying you are wrong. Remember I said it was not the most optimal rotation. Critical movement will probably overall give you a net increase to dps but the point of my post was to provide a solid rotation where cooldowns completely match up that is simple to follow. Force run in my rotation will always be up in time to use force leech right after which should increase the amount you heal yourself per rotation. That's why I like it. You are a completely self sufficient DPS machine with this basic rotation.

Overall either way is ok. I appreciate you giving your expertise.