Time to call it a day.

Ttoilleekul

It’s been three years of pretty hardcore GSF. 13k games and some good friends made long the way, but it’s time to call it a day.

I want to make it clear why. Anyone who has reached the upper echelons of GSF knows you cannot do so without gathering haters and trolls. But perhaps maybe because I am quite vocal and outspoken, because I put myself out there in the community, I have gathered more than my fair share. To be quite honest I am sick of it. I go into a match dreading that I’m going to have someone rant at me. And if they don’t do that then it’s relentless and persistent focus, and then morons thinking they’ve beaten me when I’m being focused, and then bragging about it. If it’s not one thing it’s another. If it’s not one person it’s another. And I can’t get away from it.

I haven’t been enjoying my time in GSF because of it. Today was a perfect example of feeling happy, logging in to play and then three matches later being moody and irritated because one person wants me to think he beat me and was bragging even though my team was useless. I get accused of being a cheater every week. I get people who are half my skill level telling me I’m only good with damage over charges or that I suck on a bad team. I dialed down my play time a lot, to see if that would help, but it doesn’t. It still gets to me. I’m tired of it.

Fact is I achieved everything in GSF I ever set out to achieve and more. Apart from being able to beat Invis overall in a duel session. But there is nothing left for me to achieve, and certainly nothing left for me to do that won’t end up causing me to have more of the same day by day.

That’s what all these posts were about. Every day tops, how to win. Training people who asked for it. I was leaving my knowledge and help behind in preparation for when I would call it quits. Because I knew I was getting close to it.

For now at least this is an indefinite break. Maybe permanent.

My continued improving health means I can spend more time doing other things. Healthier things. And to be quite honest with you I would like to devote my gaming time to Chess, as that’s one game where I never realised my potential.

I’ll leave my channel up, for now. There’s still 130 something matches there. I was steamlining it down to 100, but I’ll leave it as is now.

Goodbye, thank for the fun, all the best.

The effort you've put in is appreciated. If you ever decide to pop back in, you'll always be welcome.

You could try the way I do: play when you feel like it, take a break for a while when you don't. Some days it's just not worth the hassle. Alts are helpful with the focus, at least for those twenty games or so before people figure it out.

Edited by DakhathKilrathi

Well crap Luc. I will miss talking with you. Understand what you are saying though. Maybe we will get some good updates for 7.0 and you come back? Good luck with things I hope you achieve your chess goals. Glad you are feeling better. Take care.

I can see how it would be tough, if this is the first time you've reached that point in a game. You definitely need a way to deal with it.

At this point I just revel in it, I love all the hatemail I get, it's basically just compliments to me now.

But I wish you well, in your next endeavour :)

Well crap Luc. I will miss talking with you. Understand what you are saying though. Maybe we will get some good updates for 7.0 and you come back? Good luck with things I hope you achieve your chess goals. Glad you are feeling better. Take care.

If anything makes me feel bad it’s this. Leaving some people before they achieved their goals. But Drakolich can look after you. And failing that, I can put you in touch with Invis, Remus, Vilgrim, Johnny, Krubb. My guild on Malgus. Elite pilots and always happy to train people. My sub runs out in 4 days so I won’t be able to post here. Pm me now if you want me discord details.

The effort you've put in is appreciated. If you ever decide to pop back in, you'll always be welcome.

You could try the way I do: play when you feel like it, take a break for a while when you don't. Some days it's just not worth the hassle. Alts are helpful with the focus, at least for those twenty games or so before people figure it out.

For now I need to just stop. We’ll see what the future brings. Had a nice message from Despon last night. Turns out I’m not the only one who left for these reasons.

I can see how it would be tough, if this is the first time you've reached that point in a game. You definitely need a way to deal with it.

At this point I just revel in it, I love all the hatemail I get, it's basically just compliments to me now.

But I wish you well, in your next endeavour :)

I suppose it is the first time I’ve reached that level in a game yes. I was never much of a gamer historically speaking. I mean I had PlayStations and Nintendo’s growing up, but I always preferred to be outside doing stupid things on bikes and snowboards. When my health got bad and I was resigned to being at home, I turned to gaming. Always been a Star Wars fan and naturally was curious about SWTOR. That eventually lead to GSF and the rest is history. I’m back to being outside more now and doing not so stupid things on bikes again. But I wanted to stay playing GSF because I love it, even though I have no need to be stuck indoors any more. But whereas I come home from a ride with mates feeling happy, I end a session of GSF feeling tense or annoyed. It’s a hard time playing top tier solo in this game, but premade stomping holds not interest for me. You come in for a lot of hate and a lot of stress carrying mindless teams. Every top tier player I’ve spoken to has felt the same way. Apart from logging in to do duel sessions, Invis has taken a 4 month break because of it. Everyone wants a piece of you, and most of these fools have zero idea how bad they really are. Bikers and snowboarder, extreme sports community, are a lot more chill than gamers. I guess I’m not used to it. I’m used to a community where if you do something cool people applaud it. Not hate on you .

To anyone else watching this. To anyone else reading this. To all those people who wanted to prove a point to me and make me recognize them, if you want to prove yourself in this game. Fly a Scout. No other ship will command my respect, bar maybe extremely good strafe play in a GS. And to all those people who bragged that they only needed one ship to beat me and that I was only good with DO bla bla bla…. I’m gone now. Your toxicity won. But if you really want to find out how good you are, go challenge Invis to a 1v1 duel.

Thanks Drak. All the best.

Edited by Ttoilleekul

Argh. One of the posts I'd have loved to never have to read.

A lot of my current skill is down to you and your instruction, so I'll only say this: thanks for everything, and best of luck for whatever you choose to do now. And who knows, maybe in the future you'll hear the GSF call again.

Elkesha

I’ve only recently gotten to the point where hacking accusations are being thrown my way, and a lot of it is because of you, Luc. Sorry to see you go, but I can understand. Frankly, I’ve got one foot out the door myself.

If there are any Devs reading this, the next time you pat yourselves on the back for the work you think you’ve done in limiting toxicity from the game, just read this post over and over. Get it tattooed on your chests if you have to. This is what we, the paying customers because at the end of the day that’s what we are, have to deal with.

Hi Luc,

very sad to read this.

First, thx for all the matches we flew together and your kindness. Second, hope you will return someday.

Best wishes and stay safe

Thank you Zappa. I've never had a problem with you personally, but you know very well that some of your team mates gave a certain someone the same treatment that I have talked about receiving here. I hope one day those people can recognize that said person is just extremely skilled, and should not be punished or flamed for that. Especially when he is more than willing to help others progress to similar levels. After all, he is the reason I reached the level I did. He's still around, but he's also felt what I feel and has taken breaks because of it.

All the best.

Edited by Ttoilleekul

Argh. One of the posts I'd have loved to never have to read.

A lot of my current skill is down to you and your instruction, so I'll only say this: thanks for everything, and best of luck for whatever you choose to do now. And who knows, maybe in the future you'll hear the GSF call again.

Elkesha

Kind words Elkesha. I know we had some frank candid conversations and I pushed you hard, but its only because you are so capable and talented. Try to heed what I said in our last chat, and you will be an Elite Ace - better than me - if you do.

I’ve only recently gotten to the point where hacking accusations are being thrown my way, and a lot of it is because of you, Luc. Sorry to see you go, but I can understand. Frankly, I’ve got one foot out the door myself.

If there are any Devs reading this, the next time you pat yourselves on the back for the work you think you’ve done in limiting toxicity from the game, just read this post over and over. Get it tattooed on your chests if you have to. This is what we, the paying customers because at the end of the day that’s what we are, have to deal with.

Touching words Enticy, thank you. Once those flood gates of cheating accusations start, they don't stop. Its a sign of reaching a certain level, and given how much you stepped up in that scout contest, and what I saw of your play afterward, I can fully believe you're getting to that level now.

Man, the support here is like a breath of fresh air. Its a shame the toxic few ruin it for most. I don't know if I blame the devs though - short of barring all in game communication I don't think you can ever stop toxicity. Its just the way the world is.

It’s been three years of pretty hardcore GSF. 13k games and some good friends made long the way, but it’s time to call it a day.

I want to make it clear why. Anyone who has reached the upper echelons of GSF knows you cannot do so without gathering haters and trolls. But perhaps maybe because I am quite vocal and outspoken, because I put myself out there in the community, I have gathered more than my fair share. To be quite honest I am sick of it. I go into a match dreading that I’m going to have someone rant at me. And if they don’t do that then it’s relentless and persistent focus, and then morons thinking they’ve beaten me when I’m being focused, and then bragging about it. If it’s not one thing it’s another. If it’s not one person it’s another. And I can’t get away from it.

I haven’t been enjoying my time in GSF because of it. Today was a perfect example of feeling happy, logging in to play and then three matches later being moody and irritated because one person wants me to think he beat me and was bragging even though my team was useless. I get accused of being a cheater every week. I get people who are half my skill level telling me I’m only good with damage over charges or that I suck on a bad team. I dialed down my play time a lot, to see if that would help, but it doesn’t. It still gets to me. I’m tired of it.

Fact is I achieved everything in GSF I ever set out to achieve and more. Apart from being able to beat Invis overall in a duel session. But there is nothing left for me to achieve, and certainly nothing left for me to do that won’t end up causing me to have more of the same day by day.

That’s what all these posts were about. Every day tops, how to win. Training people who asked for it. I was leaving my knowledge and help behind in preparation for when I would call it quits. Because I knew I was getting close to it.

For now at least this is an indefinite break. Maybe permanent.

My continued improving health means I can spend more time doing other things. Healthier things. And to be quite honest with you I would like to devote my gaming time to Chess, as that’s one game where I never realised my potential.

I’ll leave my channel up, for now. There’s still 130 something matches there. I was steamlining it down to 100, but I’ll leave it as is now.

Goodbye, thank for the fun, all the best.

I’ve been through the same thing with ground pvp. I completely understand where you are coming from.

Take a break for a bit and refresh. This game isn’t worth your mental health over.

I wanted to thank you for your helpful suggestions the last few months. It’s sad to see you go.

Hopefully you’ll be back after a break :)

Thank you Zappa. I've never had a problem with you personally, but you know very well that some of your team mates gave a certain someone the same treatment that I have talked about receiving here. I hope one day those people can recognize that said person is just extremely skilled, and should not be punished or flamed for that. Especially when he is more than willing to help others progress to similar levels. After all, he is the reason I reached the level I did. He's still around, but he's also felt what I feel and has taken breaks because of it.

All the best.

Luc, didn't know (recognize) that. Have not really a team. Playing alone or with various people from Germany, USA

or England. Never heard, that someone is toxic against you. But sorry for that behaviour.

the best Luc

Hey kiddo!

We all get to a point, where its best to walk away, at least for a bit.

Many have left, many will come.

Some of those that have left, have come back, albeit for short stints, sometimes a bit longer.

Make it a point to come back from time to time and rekt peoples face.

Im not as technical as some of you get.

I just play to the best of my ability.

What that ability is rated as, is up to other people.

So, in saying that, I appreciate your abilities, and how hard you worked to get to where you are at.

AND, in how hard you worked to help newer people, and some veterans along in their GSF journeys.

When you think about these times you were with us, remember the good, laugh at the bad.

You will always be welcome in the community.

Remember, the whiners, complainers, and general trolls, will always be where they are in their abilities, because they wont work at it like you did.

THEY will ALWAYS not be up to par individually. And have some reason or excuse to blame other people or smack talk people who are better than them, when they finally beat you in a group. Because for them, they cant beat you on their own.

Think about that.

They dont know it, but when they do that, its actually complimenting you on your abilities as a pilot.

I know, it doesnt feel like it at the time. But, its true.

As they say in the Navy, when a person retires......

FAIR WINDS AND FOLLOWING SEAS.

Luc Nodaro!

I am so glad you're feeling well enough to enjoy the outdoors!

You were the first pilot I ever added to my friends list to avoid queuing when you were online - the comment next to your name "Fricken Luc" you were scary to play against! Eventually that stopped. :)

I watched your videos to learn stuff and to this day, I encourage new pilots to watch them.

We never spoke - but I am your biggest fan :D

One time I shot in your direction and grazed your hull - it was an epic match for me.

Be well, have fun!

chuppy/old bird

Hey kiddo!

We all get to a point, where its best to walk away, at least for a bit.

Many have left, many will come.

Some of those that have left, have come back, albeit for short stints, sometimes a bit longer.

Make it a point to come back from time to time and rekt peoples face.

Im not as technical as some of you get.

I just play to the best of my ability.

What that ability is rated as, is up to other people.

So, in saying that, I appreciate your abilities, and how hard you worked to get to where you are at.

AND, in how hard you worked to help newer people, and some veterans along in their GSF journeys.

When you think about these times you were with us, remember the good, laugh at the bad.

You will always be welcome in the community.

Remember, the whiners, complainers, and general trolls, will always be where they are in their abilities, because they wont work at it like you did.

THEY will ALWAYS not be up to par individually. And have some reason or excuse to blame other people or smack talk people who are better than them, when they finally beat you in a group. Because for them, they cant beat you on their own.

Think about that.

They dont know it, but when they do that, its actually complimenting you on your abilities as a pilot.

I know, it doesnt feel like it at the time. But, its true.

As they say in the Navy, when a person retires......

FAIR WINDS AND FOLLOWING SEAS.

Flux my man, thanks for the fun times we had and thanks for the kind words. I was sad when you left to go to SWS, and stoked when you returned! You were also very helpful to me when I was new. I remember when Mendac randomly joined my guild on Malgus, and I was a total noob in GSF at the time. He asked me to group with you and him and I was blown away by how good you both were! Both of you were some of the very first to offer me some helpful tips. Some of which I still parrot to people to this day. Like your "accuracy > damage > kills" and Mendac's "80% of your damage should be from lasers." Things I first heard from both of you guys that stuck with me and I have used in training others. Safe skies man, it was a pleasure :)

I’ve been through the same thing with ground pvp. I completely understand where you are coming from.

Take a break for a bit and refresh. This game isn’t worth your mental health over.

I wanted to thank you for your helpful suggestions the last few months. It’s sad to see you go.

Hopefully you’ll be back after a break :)

Funny thing, this was also instrumental in why I quit ground PVP and focused on GSF. The difference is, GSF is in general a much nicer community. You don't really come in for all the trash talking, hate mail and trolling until you reach the top tier levels of skill in the game. Once you achieve that, GSF becomes as toxic as other parts of the game.

Luc Nodaro!

I am so glad you're feeling well enough to enjoy the outdoors!

You were the first pilot I ever added to my friends list to avoid queuing when you were online - the comment next to your name "Fricken Luc" you were scary to play against! Eventually that stopped. :)

I watched your videos to learn stuff and to this day, I encourage new pilots to watch them.

We never spoke - but I am your biggest fan :D

One time I shot in your direction and grazed your hull - it was an epic match for me.

Be well, have fun!

chuppy/old bird

Thanks Chuppy! I remember playing with / against you on Starforge. Glad that my videos have been of help. I will leave my channel up. There's 130 something videos still there.

Believe it or not I used to feel the same way about playing against Neutrinos / Invis / Kal Hondo. Eventually if you have the tenacity you can push through that. Especially when I found Invis offering me training and what a nice guy he is! That's why I tried to pay it forwards.

All the best and keep on improving!

All the best Luc.o7 Hopefully the siren song of GSF grows too loud middle of some chess match and you end up in a Flashfire all over again. If and when you do get back, please try taking all the venom and anger as complimentary! I mean, what else is it ultimately, besides an admission you did so great in a match that opposition got pissed off enough to /w the QQ. Edited by Stradlin