Seasons Pilots read here.

Gundahar

Also will ad you are at a serious range and weapon disadvantage against other strikes. Don't even think about jousting one with this build unless you are at about 1500 meters. Then its a guaranteed (almost) win. Pile driving reminded me of it. Have not tried it much yet. I will for sure though.

Not at all. you can joust people with it really well. Start with Heavies, usually 1-2 shots, then as soon as your Rapids are in range start Piledriving. Clusters make it even stronger, because most people will retro during a joust and then you can land clusters on them. Watch my vids, I joust with it fine. Here's a demo video of that build - but with Concussions - and its in Domination so no one can say it only jousts with Damage Overcharge.

Piledriving explanation from Audsen who discovered it - Works with Heavies + Quads or Heavies + rapids.

Edited by Ttoilleekul

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks I will check these out. For me right now if I am up against a strike with ions/quads/torps or heavies/quads/torps they easily out range me and I am half destroyed by the time I get in range for good rapid damage. I do start with the heavies ofc. I like to start and end with them when possible. Normally don't try for a cluster but I should be. This is against good pilots I should point out. 1500m - start rapids, retro when (if) they launch, swap to heavy and good night. Only the better pilots can get a torp off at that range. From what I have noticed anyway.

edit: hope that last line makes sense. I try to charge when jousting so it is over fast. If I am on target it's been working great.

Edited by Gundahar

Thanks I will check these out. For me right now if I am up against a strike with ions/quads/torps or heavies/quads/torps they easily out range me and I am half destroyed by the time I get in range for good rapid damage. I do start with the heavies ofc. I like to start and end with them when possible. Normally don't try for a cluster but I should be. This is against good pilots I should point out. 1500m - start rapids, retro when (if) they launch, swap to heavy and good night. Only the better pilots can get a torp off at that range. From what I have noticed anyway.

edit: hope that last line makes sense. I try to charge when jousting so it is over fast. If I am on target it's been working great.

Learning to Piledrive will make a huge difference. Short version - Spam key 1 while shooting. Advanced version - switch to just heavies when you or he retros, then back to spamming Key 1. With traditional Piledriver you had to be more accurate with your timing to get a Heavy shot and a Quad shot to fire at the same time - less so with Alternate Rapids piledriver. You're basically filling the gaps between your heavy bolts with rapid bolts. As for taking too much damage before you are in range to use your maximum burst damage - don't accept the joust until you are ready to. So that means you can fly off-centre, which makes you hard to hit, then line up the joust when you are at your preferred range. Its a Scout trick. Because Scouts need to be very close to joust too.

Edited by Ttoilleekul

So that means you can fly off-centre, which makes you hard to hit, then line up the joust when you are at your preferred range. Its a Scout trick. Because Scouts need to be very close to joust too.

you actually did this to me in a match last week or so. Do you remember? You must have strafed left for a second because you were there then not there. I meant to ask about it and forgot.

you actually did this to me in a match last week or so. Do you remember? You must have strafed left for a second because you were there then not there. I meant to ask about it and forgot.

I don't specifically remember, but yes, that's my thing. I do it all the time. So few people can strafe in this game that it throws most people for a loop, and it's all that's needed to make them miss with their arc limited Heavies and Protons. Whilst Rapids can still hit just fine while strafing.

I don't specifically remember, but yes, that's my thing. I do it all the time. So few people can strafe in this game that it throws most people for a loop, and it's all that's needed to make them miss with their arc limited Heavies and Protons. Whilst Rapids can still hit just fine while strafing.

It was in a match you were pressured in a GS by my team and switched ships. Did not actually know it was you until the next day on youtube. I thought I FINALLY had you and then .... suddenly you were off center and I couldn't hit your ship. Next thing I was spawning. I was like what the heck just happened there?

It was in a match you were pressured in a GS by my team and switched ships. Did not actually know it was you until the next day on youtube. I thought I FINALLY had you and then .... suddenly you were off center and I couldn't hit your ship. Next thing I was spawning. I was like what the heck just happened there?

This is why you have the potential to go far in this game. You saw something unusual that I did, which lead to me destroying you. Instead of getting frustrated, annoyed and throwing curses, you went to YouTube and figured out what I did.

I wish I was staying to finish your training, because its a delight to help people like you. But you can do it with out me. My instructional videos are still up and will remain up. Guys on this forum can still answer your questions, and maybe join Sriia's unofficial GSF discord server if you haven't already. Keep watching videos of better pilots and pay attention to what they do. When you feel you are getting the maximum from this ship, and you want to start in Scouts, go watch my Grav and Ramalina Scout Analysis videos, which explain in detail how a Scout should be flown.

Safe Skies man, go wreck!

Yeah I will be alright. I am still learning to apply all of the information I learned here. The new things from yesterday a lone will keep me happy for at least another 100. Then I can look into getting serious with a scout. I think I can come here with specific questions and get help when needed. Only down side to that is sometimes we don't know the questions we are supposed to be asking. New people have it easy relative to what the old hands had to go through figuring it out.

You have been a huge influence and I will claim you as my mentor to anyone who wants to know. I think it is really awesome that it is all here for anyone that wants to read and apply it. Potentially many people will benefit.

Edited an earlier post to remove most of my alt names. I'm not getting accused of cheating like you but I am getting a lot of "you are still trash come back in another 100 so we can kill you like a *****" type of thing. Only been going on for a few days can't imagine how tired of it you muse be. Weird but these people always seem to be those that have a lot of zeroes at the end of the match.

Here is the edit:

I am already getting trolled in game over the cluster missile challenge later in this post. After seeing what a friend is going through I decided to remove most of the alt names before it gets any worse. I use a lot of Mandarin names and some of the racism is retarded. I'm not even Chinese I am American. Mo-Rons. Ignore list is growing a little bit too. Keeping up the toons I used to work on the challenge. It is nice to see and fly with all the cool people I have gotten to know a little bit.

Luc - always appreciated here my friend. Hope you make it back.