What Am I Doing Wrong?

Aghasett

Top kills, damage, medals etc? Brother you are winning. "Winning" in regs doesn't mean a victory screen because you juggled Giradda's giant huttballs or sap capped a potato to take his node at the last second. That's not real pvp. Real pvp is fighting players. The vocal minority of "pvpers" will tell you otherwise and will sling mud at people who would rather just fight players and not pay attention to unneeded objs just so they can get their green regs lootbox that has some scraps and other junk in it. These people who will tell you this are also global bait in arenas. It tickles me pink to be on the "losing" team in regs having "lost" to a team that got utterly obliterated and spent most of their time running back from spawn while I spent the entire time out in the field doing PVP. Personally for me I stopped caring about objs once they made matches full cross faction. Once PVP was no longer the Empire versus the smelly Republic I really couldn't care less about it. I would even hop onto mando sometimes back then.

Unfortunately those players are what the devs listen to. The Devs are out of touch with the community and will be because their end goal is "Damn look at those figures, we must be doing a great job making money for EA!!"

The objective changes based on maps, in 4v4 the obj is to DM. In huttball the objective is to get the ball into the enemy goal. I like objectives it makes me play different then what I normally would. Baiting players to chase you or overcommit to holding a objective so your team can cap a node or run orbs or something really is awesome. I play a lot of solo ranked, 120 games on my main (Vyrnnus). Playing dynamically based on what this situation demands to see your team win is so much more rewarding then facerolling on your keyboard for 10 minutes so you can say to yourself "Im not so bad I did top dps on my team in a regs match!"

Regs is like mario party, sometimes you just lose. Don't worry about your regs win/loss ratio and have a good time!